3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Eat Stop Eat and Fast-5 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/255437-eat-stop-eat-fast-5-2012-a.html)

Italiannie 03-23-2012 08:15 AM

Eat Stop Eat and Fast-5 2012

This thread is dedicated to Intermittent Fasting of any type, although most of us are doing either Fast-5 or Eat Stop Eat.

It is a continuation of the other Eat Stop Eat thread.
Everyone is Welcome, whether you are new to IF or a seasoned IFer.
So happy Intermittent Fasting is growing in popularity.

Hope you find this thread helpful and encouraging.

wvuchick 03-23-2012 09:34 AM

Yay, I found it!

TGIF :dance:

pattygirl63 03-23-2012 09:38 AM

Good Morning IFers.

Thanks Italianne for starting our new thread.

Yesterday wasn't one of my best days of making healthier choices, but as was pointed out some of the things I read when I researched IF... I didn't gain anything. In fact, I dropped a lb and obviously it was because what I ate was within my 8 hr window. It was also a very busy day for me. Lots of running around running errands that I don't usually have to make. Today will be healthier choices.

I love how IF works. I also love IE (Intuitive Eating) and love how IE and IF combines so well. I had such a difficult time getting out of the "diet" mind set. The one thing I always hated about dieting is that I was always thinking about food thinking about can I have this or I can't have that etc. Now I don't have that problem any more. DH eats one main meal a day and I do have to decide what to make for that meal, but I decide that first thing in the morning. The rest of the day I just decide what I want to eat intuitively, but I eat within my 8 hr window. I am thoroughly pleased to have found IF.

Have a good day!

Sum38 03-23-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvuchick (Post 4264604)
Yay, I found it!

TGIF :dance:

Me too :D:carrot:

Thanks for starting a new one!

KTucke7 03-23-2012 12:16 PM

Here! That's a relief, was starting to sweat ;)

esmi134 03-23-2012 02:19 PM

Yay, we are here..haha :twirly:
Hello everybody!! So glad it is Friday!

Pattygirl I am also very happy to have discovered IF and the great self control it has taught me :)

Yesterday I ended up doing a 20 1/2 hour fast and ate within a 4hr window,its so nice how IF is becoming pretty easy and natural, dont really think about it too much, becoming part of my daily routine, yay!!
I weighed this morning (official weigh in day is Monday) and have gone down to 142, which i havent seen in years, makes me happy and motivated, but in know the # will be diff. on Monday (would love for it to stay at 142 tho heehee)... :goodscale

Happy day to all!!!! :woohoo:

esmi134 03-23-2012 02:21 PM

Nice to see you here KTucke7, I know you will be a great help since you are at your goal weight and have had great success with IF.

wvuchick 03-23-2012 02:38 PM

Well, its just two and half hours left til the weekend for me now! :D I'm so glad, been a long week.

I'm fasting today, will probably only make it 20-21 hours today. Ate way too late last night which has made this fast one of my harder ones. :mad:

I am probably going to be very busy weekend, putting wood floors down in our family room this weekend. So while I won't be getting much rest, I will get in lots of exercise! :carrot:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Italiannie 03-23-2012 02:45 PM

Esmi - Congratulations on you "unofficial" loss. Isn't it great????

wvuchick - Great job hanging in there.

Ktucke7 - Glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

pattygirl63 - You have a great attitude and the right mind set.

Sum38 - Glad you found us.

I hope everyone else finds us.

I feel great, no loss since I took off my vacation weight, but I think I'm in for a downward move on the scale - you know how you can just tell sometimes?

We have friends joining us for dinner. They are Vegan, so I made a Potato/lemon/garlic salad, Eggplant stuffed portobellas and a large green salad. OMG, I must stop thinking about it. Dinner is still 4 hours away LOL. Then I will do my weekly 24 fast. Hoping to begin seeing the downward trend again. Boy, you really lose a few weeks when you've gone on vacation.

Have a great IF day, everyone!

pattygirl63 03-23-2012 07:11 PM

I am so excited to tell y'all that thanks to IF that my FBS was 95 today... the lowest it has been since I found out I was T2 diabetic almost 2 years ago. YAY:cheer:

pattygirl63 03-23-2012 08:14 PM

KTucke7 - Glad you are here and looking forward to hearing your story and what you learned along the way till you made goal.

esmi134 - I agree, it is great how this seems to become just a "natural" way of eating.

wvuchick - Interesting observation... I have days that are tougher to make the 16 + hours fast, I thought maybe it was what I ate the night before. I hadn't thought about maybe I ate too late. Thanks for sharing that.

Italiannie - I think it really helps me not to think "diet" any more. I'm just eating when I'm hungry and as much as I feel I need within the 8 hr window and that has helped me loads.

Hope everyone has a great week end.

Vanity9 03-24-2012 05:15 AM

I need to get back on track. I've been eating at all weird times and gained 2 pounds back (not horrible but I rather nip this in the butt right now).

lin43 03-24-2012 07:32 AM

Hi, Fasters! I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer for me:

First, some background: I'm already at my goal weight and have been trying to maintain since November. I've been doing it, but it's been difficult because I feel as if I still have some bad eating habits (e.g., overeating at night, pigging out on sweets, etc.), and I'm worried about regain. I'm trying to find a way to be more structured with my eating. I don't fast, but I'm really interested in it because when I've toyed with it in the past, I've found that I do better when I just flat out don't eat for a period of time rather than eating just a little (because the latter seems to spur my appetite). I've read a bit on the net about various types of fasting, and I know for sure that something like Fast-5 would not work for me because at least 2-3 times a week, my husband likes to go out to breakfast. Even though breakfast has never been my thing, it's his thing, and he looks forward to the "event" of eating it, so I don't want to be the killjoy.

Questions:

1) So, I'm thinking of this: What if 3-4 times a week I were to stop eating at around 6 p.m. and then don't eat the next day's breakfast/brunch until 11 a.m. (which is VERY easy for me)? That would be 17 hours without food. Is that enough of a fast to be beneficial?

2) Also, I like a tablespoon of half-and-half in my morning coffee. I know that having that is technically breaking the fast, but do any of you have cream in your morning coffee even in your fasting state?

3) Finally, I am definitely a morning exerciser (usually I'll be working out something between 6 - 8:30 a.m.). Most of the time, I do not eat before I exercise because I can "feel" the food, and it makes exercising uncomfortable. However, now that I'm on maintenance, I find that I get hungrier after exercising (whereas this wasn't as much of a problem while I was losing). I can probably ride out that hunger, but do you think there would be any ill effects, physically, from me exercising intensely in the morning but waiting until 11 - Noon to eat?

ETA 4) Do any of you cut back on carbs at all in addition to fasting? I don't, but I've often thought that I should have a few days of lower carbs to see whether that might help control my appetite. (Can you tell that a big goal of mine is figuring out how to control my massive need for carbs/sweets?)

Thanks!

Sum38 03-24-2012 08:11 AM

Morning :sunny:

Our glorious bonus summer ended :(

My eating has been "poor" at its best, but I have been pretty good about 5-7 hour eating window. -- Oh how I dislike my monthly visitor... by the time she actually gets here, it isn't so bad, but the week before. Some one please :tape: my mouth shut!! :lol: Maybe :bb: would help me !! I did not even weigh myself today; it was going to be MUCH higher than my 145.5 I saw on Tuesday :mad: Oh well such is life :D

lin43 I am really curious about 1/2&1/2...I have skipped it.

Vanity9 :hug: I hope today is a better day!

pattygirl63 :cheer: That is fantastic!!

Italiannie That meal sounds DELISH! You made me :drool: I hope you had a pleasant evening!

wvuchick 20-21 H is still a good fast! -- I am looking forward to summer. I get up 6 am right now and the day seems so long when I fast. Hoping to sleep in till 8 am will make my fasting so much easier.

esmi134 :carrot: on 142!! :woohoo:....even if the scale does not show that on Monday, you know it is just around the corner waiting for you!

:wave: KTucke7

Italiannie 03-24-2012 08:19 AM

Lin-43 - Congrats on your success!
I think a 17 hour fast sounds fine, if it works for you. Many do a 16 hour fast with leangains. As far as the half and half, generally speaking, it's considered breaking your fast if you consume more than 50 calories.

I can't help you with the waiting to eat after your exercise. There is much info on that. You can try it. I know that many do exercise in a fasted state, but I'm not sure if waiting too long would hurt you. Sorry I can't help you out there.

I do find that when I cut back on my carbs that my weight loss is better and I feel better, I think that many find that to be true. As a rule, though I don't necessarily eliminate any food groups - except Franken food!

Have a great IF day, everyone!