General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #316  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiannie View Post
Valrock - If I feel yucky outside of my window, it's usually due to the quality of food I ate. Fasting during the day does help with the groggy mid afternoon thing, though - no doubt about it.
Good point. I did eat some brown rice and I've been mostly grain free. That could have been it.

I'm so glad you guys are here. It makes me feel normal to read this thread .
Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Ennay - I totally agree with not snacking, I find my window is pretty large about 9 or 10 hours but I don't snack, I eat breakfast @ 11 then lunch and dinner but nothing in between. It really cuts down on the calories.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #318  

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!! I've been browsing this thread and trying to get some info as I see that people have had a lot of success with the "fasting". I'm very interested in the IF lifestyle...from what i understand, Eat Stop Eat, seems to be where you stop eating for a 24 hr period (doesn't matter when), my question is, how often do you do this? 2 or 3 times a week? My other question is...what is Fast-5? is that where you eat for say, an 8 hour window each day? Do you do that daily, or only a couple times a week? When you DO eat, do you consume your daily expenditure of calories (TDEE), or your metabolic rate (BMR)? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

No time for individuals tonight, but will make a quick flyby here. I realize that I do better with the 5 or 6 hr eating window and I have to eat less carbs. I don't want to do Atkins per se, but I noticed some of you get your carbs mostly from veggies andd some fruit. I've decided that is what I'm going to have to do if I want to lose weight, have normal fbg and be healthy at the same time. I see this work for the rest of you and I am very confident that it will work for me. Thanks again for being here.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #320  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluver67 View Post
Hello Everyone!! I've been browsing this thread and trying to get some info as I see that people have had a lot of success with the "fasting". I'm very interested in the IF lifestyle...from what i understand, Eat Stop Eat, seems to be where you stop eating for a 24 hr period (doesn't matter when), my question is, how often do you do this? 2 or 3 times a week? My other question is...what is Fast-5? is that where you eat for say, an 8 hour window each day? Do you do that daily, or only a couple times a week? When you DO eat, do you consume your daily expenditure of calories (TDEE), or your metabolic rate (BMR)? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!
ESE has the 24 hr fast usually 2-3 times a week for loss, regular eating on the other days. Most people on ESE dont eat as much in the fast days when they break fast so it ends up being a calorie cycling as well. My sister usually breaks fast lightly on her fast days and then resumes normal eating on her non-fast days. She fasts M/W/F from 6pm to 6pm and then has a single light meal, but on T/Th/S/S she eats whatever.

Fast 5 is a 5 hour window every single day. If you also counted you would eat whatever you would eat to lose in that window. I find some days though i eat a lot in that window, some days I dont.

Leangains is another IF advocate and although the site is more focused on bodybuilding and IF is used primarily in conjunction with a Paleo style diet, there is an 8 hour window daily for men and a 10 hr window for women.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #321  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ugh. my eating was all off and I didnt eat dinner because I had softball practice and then I came home and overate. Blah.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all. Well I've decided that my scale and body hate me. LOL. I have been up and down a lb all week. Even my fast day didn't help me to lose. My body must like drama. So I am still hovering over Onederland, hoping to see it this a.m. Have a dr appt today and was hoping to dazzle her with my 50 lbs loss. Oh well, will 48-49 will have to do.

Today is a fasting day for me. Looking forward to it actually.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I could use one!

Last edited by wvuchick; 04-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #323  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

wvuchick Hang in there! If you are in a calorie deficit you will probably drop a couple of pounds when your body "normalizes." It's weird that way. You can do really well with eating and the scales don't budge, then the next week you drop two or three pounds. I don't know what causes this and haven't found an acceptable answer, all I know is that it happens!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #324  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Hello all. I completed my 1st fast yesterday. It was a little shy of 24 hours just because of the timing of dinner the night before.

My DH has been trying to get me to try it for months. I kept telling him there's no way I could do it, I'd be too grouchy, lethargic, and that there is just no way I could handle it. After going off plan pretty bad in Saturday I decided to try it from after dinner Saturday until dinner time Sunday, I even got a workout in, and you know what, I LIVED. HA! I'm very interested in this now and think I'll give it a go. So happy to have found this thread! I think this will be a great addition to my current eating and exercise plan!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 193/176.5/137

Height: 5'5

Well, it seems I've lost another 3lbs. So I'm sitting at 187, with clothes on, atm!

Yesterday I went over to a friends house for a barbeque, and I didn't get to eat until around 8:30. I feel bad about eating out of my window, but I think I've earned it!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #326  
Dawn, Age 47

S/C/G: 174/165/125

Height: 5'4"

Good job penguin...unfortunately, I think I found the 3 pounds you lost!

wvuchick...maybe your scale and mine are in cahoots...I was really good all weekend...how the heck am I 3 pounds heavier?!? Drat!!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #327  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much for the help ennay! I was a bit confused, as there is so much (and various) information out there. I'd like to give this a shot! Hope it goes well! :-) Thank you again!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #328  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Hey all,

Been all out of sorts for the past few months due to a bad combination of rehearsals and touring, uni assessments and a bad breakup with my (now) ex boyfriend so my weight has shot all the way up to 11 and a half which I havent been for a good 3 years and its making me feel horrible.

So I'm back on IF! 18h fast started at 9pm last night and finishing at the same time I finish work: 3pm today. Salad and soup ready for then

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

KTuck - I'll take 2-3 lbs this week!

LockItUp- Good job on your first fast!

Penguin - Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work!

Return2Fast5 - Heres to hoping we both get that big loss this week!

shoeluvr - I do ESE twice a week. On my non-fasting days, I still try to stick to 1500-1600 calories a day. Then on fasting days between 700-800. I've done pretty good with it so far. 18.5 lbs since February 2nd.

Katylil- Welcome back and sorry to hear about your troubles. Life happens, just don't let it get you down too much. The extra weight gained will come off, just hang in there.

Today is my official weigh in day. I am down .4 lbs for the week, which is better than nothing and actually 1.2 lbs from Sunday. Would like to be in Onederland, but only .5 lbs and I will be, so little by little I'm getting there.

Went to the doctor, my Vitamin D is up 8.8 units so now I am only low by 2.2 units, the rest of my blood work was pretty good. And basically there is nothing wrong with me, well not physically anyway!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Last edited by wvuchick; 04-24-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #330  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

shoeluver67, I do two 24-hour fasts a week, usually on Tuesdays and Fridays. My calorie intake is pretty similar to wvuchick's. I find it's easier for me to do 24 hour fasts than a regular eating window, though I kind of do an eight hour window anyway.

Hello to everyone else! wvuchick, I hope your scale has started cooperating. You'll get to onederland soon! I know how frustrating it is when you're at that crossroads, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My scale has been awful to me this week. I was getting so frustrated that I had to take a few days away from 3FC, even, because the obsessing really wasn't good for me. My weight is still up, but it's slowly inching back down. This should be the last day of TOM for me, and I'm fasting today, so I'm hopeful that maybe tomorrow things will at least be close to normal. Time will tell.

I didn't do great with fasting last week, mostly because I was really hungry during my entire cycle this month, but I'm getting back into the swing of things now. I'll get a workout in at lunch today and then another one tonight after I break my fast.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by thistoo; 04-24-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread