General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Bored eater...

One of my biggest issues is I am a bored eater! If i dont have anything to do I want something to eat. To help myself not do that i chew gum. Do you have that problem and if so what do you do?
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh, yes. I try to distract myself with some other activity.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/283/278/170

Height: 5'6

I definitely get that. It's like all of the sudden sometimes I just feel this uncontrollable urge to go into the kitchen and stuff my face with ANYTHING.

I am trying to combat it by drinking green tea instead of food whenever I get the urge.
charzhazha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I was a big boredom eater. In fact that HAD to be the reason that I was stuck in the 190-200 range for so many years because when I looked up calorie counts I would need to maintain that weight, I don't think I was eating all of that in my meals.

Sometimes distracting myself isn't enough, when that happens I will try different things:

- chewing gum (I always have some in my bag)
- sucking on a caramel
- drinking water/tea
- reminding myself that I'll have to count the food and that will be all that less I can eat for my next meal

When it's the evening and I've used up all of my calories I don't have the desire to eat. When I declare that I'm done for the day I just don't want anything.

Being accountable for what I was eating helped. The fact that I'll have to count the food in my daily calorie count turns me off from mindless eating.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
One of my biggest issues is I am a bored eater! If i dont have anything to do I want something to eat. To help myself not do that i chew gum. Do you have that problem and if so what do you do?
I have the same issue. So, I prepare a small stuff to do. For examples, write my plans (a notebook and a pen is in my table), read magazines (I have the whole package of National Geographic and Archaeology), water plants etc... The main point is that your hand should be busy and you cannot just pick up food.
PrincessSophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #6  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
Plan your days in advance and fill them with activities, both productive and leisure. When I'm completely engaged in something, I notice I almost never have cravings.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote