3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Easter Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/253181-easter-challenge.html)

sheramama 02-19-2012 08:57 PM

Easter Challenge

:bunny2: EASTER CHALLENGE :bunny2:

Since we just finished Valentine's Day, it's time for another holiday challenge. Weigh ins are on Friday and we don't stop until Easter (April 8th). Warmer weather means less clothes and we are gonna get HOT!!!! So, who's with me?

sheramama 02-19-2012 08:57 PM

Start weight: 221
Goal: -15 lbs

1. Work out 5 days a week
2. Cut chips completely out of my diet.
3. More veggies, less carbs.

K9Owner 02-19-2012 09:05 PM

I WILL be at goal by then..
Well, my first goal anyway.
2.6 should be gone by March :crossed:
But, my Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Hawt Body Challenge will still be a work in progress!! ;)

ItsMyTurn 02-20-2012 03:26 PM

Sheramama - Thank you for the add, sorry for such a slow response, have not been on 3FC much lately :) Ok, so let me see, by April 8th...I am losing super slow these days and will take that into consideration saying 10Lbs.
Start: 190.6
Goal: 180.6
The scale hasn't moved much other than the same poundage on and then off, then on, then... well, you get the idea. However, it's workout time to vamp it back up again since everything isn't quite as crazy and let's see if we can get those 10lbs off for good! :) Let's totally rock this challenge! :cheer:

sheramama 02-21-2012 08:55 PM

Oooh K9Owner and ItsMyTurn...welcome back! I never headed a challenge so let's hope I can do this! We will so rock this challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't eat great today: The good-banana, protein shake, light string cheese, home made tomato soup (no noodles grr). The bad: Pb cracker pack-left over in my bag from my kids, grilled cheese (light butter, 2% cheese, but on italian sliced bread), 2 Hershey's miniatures. Yes, I wanted comfort food since I'm still sick from Sat....ahhh I hate, hate, hate colds!

I haven't decided if I am going to try to work out...if I do, it won't be anything Jillian Michaels. I really can't handle that until probably tomorrow lol. I better be snot-free even if I do resemble Rudolph.

Good luck to everyone this week :)

ItsMyTurn 02-21-2012 09:48 PM

K9 - Can you even believe that you are able to say the words that you will be at goal?!? Yay you!!!!

Sheramama - I sure hope you feel better real soon!!!!

(as posted on daily check in) As for me - Holy moly I had 2 good things happen tonight and I have to share cause now I'm excited!!! I used my new HRM for the first time tonight and discovered 2 things: 1) I am in better shape than I thought (yay me)... and 2) I believe I have discovered the culprit to my plateau!!!! My elliptical machine was over-estimating my calorie burn by a significant amount... and since I eat over 75% of my exercise calories back to insure I am fueling myself properly... I wasn't getting Jack-diddly for a calorie deficit for my present weight!!!! Jackpot!!! Now that I have an accurate measure of those calories, I should be back on the losing track again! I am so excited to this realization. I know some people get disappointed to see they weren't burning half as many calories after getting a HRM.. but I am ecstatic cause it held the answers to my mystery!!!! Have a super night all - cool down and relaxing time for me!

sheramama 02-22-2012 10:13 PM

ItsMyTurn: That's so great that you have found the evil that is the liar in your eliptical and that you are in better shape than you thought. Whoo hoo!

I ate a lot today...just hungry...but I ate well. The closest thing I had to junk were pb crackers that gave me some carbs after all the protein I ate all day. Now, I am off to Shred, bc I feel so much better :)

Good nite ladies!

sheramama 02-25-2012 11:29 PM

Okay...TOM came with avengence. +7lbs :stress: Not cool. Alright, I really hope it is all from TOM...since I have jumped that much before--not often but enough times. Grrrr. I refuse to move my ticker until it goes away.

On a better note, I did stay away from the Girl Scout cookies...Day 3 of having them and not touching them. I did however, eat a lot of trail mix (just raisins, nuts, and seeds) in the last couple of days. I needed salt like it was my job.

I worked out Level 3 of Shred and could do more of the work outs while forgoing the easier version (Except for traveling push ups. I still need to use my knees.) I did not go out drinking with the girls (see above weight gain) so that was a :) to me.

Now, I am going to browse the old work out dvds bc everyone is sleeping and I'm bored :)

I hope everyone else is doing great.

ItsMyTurn 02-26-2012 04:33 PM

Sheramama - Great job on the resisting of the girl scout cookies!!! I didn't order any this year as my resiliency is not that strong, LOL. Hope you were able to find some good workouts when you were browsing?

sheramama 02-27-2012 12:32 AM

ItsMyTurn: I think I might start some Striperobics just to stir things up :)

I did really well today...ate cleanly, worked out, finished paperwork, cleaned, grocery shopped, spent time with the kids...and then I dyed my hair.

Now, I've been dying my own hair at home for well over a decade. This time, my med golden brown hair turned black. (It was supposed to be Dark, golden brown). I freaked. Apparently, home dye does that when it's starting to spoil. Fantastic. And did I mention my hair started breaking and small chunks...5 strands here, 6 there... fell out. AURGH! So, I will be calling my hairdresser who is going to scold me for not getting it done there ( I was saving that for when I hit -50lbs) and I have to go to work and pray they can fit me in after work. *sigh*

All right, I have to wash the lemon juice that is not helping out and hope everyone had a great weekend.

pinksparkles 02-27-2012 06:41 PM

:o Oh no, sheramama! I hope your hair appointment goes okay. That sounds like a nightmare!

I had this past week off from school, but I've been super sick. No gym time for me lately, even walking has got me out of breath since I was so stuffed up and congested. I'm feeling the best today that I have in a while, though, so hopefully we'll see a loss for this Friday.

Good luck this week, girls! :D

sheramama 02-28-2012 12:14 AM

PinkSparkles: I'm glad you're feeling better...if there isn't a loss this week, then there is always the week after.

My hair is still an ungodly shade of black which everyone seems to like. I still do not and I got a hold of my daughter's friend's mom who owns a salon. We are going to talk about it tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*.

I worked out yesterday, not today though. Holy Migraines. The words here are swimming..aurgh. I did eat well though again so yeah me lol.

Have a great one!

ItsMyTurn 02-28-2012 06:45 AM

Pink - Great seeing you. It sure does seem we take one week at a time with this whole thing :)

Sheramama - OMG with the hair! Please tell me it stopped coming out??? I am so sosrry it went to a black shade on you. Wait 2 weeks and try a stripper on it if you don't want to go to salon. That should take off the black for you and get you close to your original color - a sort of start from scratch

eryn s 02-28-2012 07:42 PM

Hi! I hope it's alright if I join in!

My current weight is 134, I'm hoping to lose at least 8 pounds before easter which would put me at my upper goal (another 6 pounds after that is my ultimate goal). These last few pounds don't seem to want to shift though.

Sheramama: So sorry to hear about your hair! I hope you can get it sorted out.

sheramama 02-28-2012 11:42 PM

Eryn s: :welcome:
That's a great goal and it's hard when the scale just-wont-move! What sometimes works for me is calorie cycling...What I do is say I want to average 1300 calories a day. I would change the calories a day so it still averages that at the end of the week...ie 1900 one day, 800 another, etc. Plus with me a day with healthier carbs followed by two or three of straight protein kicks me into high gear. Speaking of, which I will be doing tomorrow...

I went to the hairdresser today to just look at my hair. Her words,"You know, it REALLY isn't that bad." Lol. Okay that made me feel better. Plus two first grade girls randomly came up to me in school today to tell me they love my hair. Cute. But, I am going to start a Moraccan Oil Treatment to try and lighten it a few shades and then get it cut so maybe it wouldn't be terrible!

I ate like crazy today...Holy carbs. I mean they weren't junk, but still. I guess TOM is messing with me again. I didn't even bother trying to calorie count today, but tomorrow and Thu will be protein only, then Fri will be protein and veggies. Sat, we are going down for a surprise 30th bday party for my BIL so yeah, there does my healthy eating.

I did Shred tonight, which made me feel great after one of those days where I swear I felt bipolar. Again, I blame TOM. And, I swear if one more person asks me if I'm pregnant bc I said I'm tired--No, I did not catch the preggo bug that is going around like wildifire-my two are enough :no: It is NOT funny.

Anyway, have a great day tomorrow and let's kick some butt :)