General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #16  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I ate well today and since we had a snow day, I worked out twice. I did Level 3 of Shred and then my friend called an hour later to say she is gonna come over to work out. So I did level 2 also. Whew. I am so sore, but it felt great

Have a great one!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #17  

How's everyone doing? Good weekends?

We had visitors over so mine ended up with a lot more dessert than was probably wise!
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #18  
Being Me-Inside and Out

Eryn S: I hope you had a great time

This past weekend we went down to see my brother-in-law for a surprise 30th birthday party. It was nice to get complimented on how I looked by people who havent seen my in a while. (My guy said not only doesn't like my hair-which is fixed-but didn't like what I was wearing. Whatever.) Also, let's just say all my dieting and good eating went down the tubes all weekend. But, I did pick it back up today. Whoo hoo Shred! I have noticed that my body is plateauing again...grrrr...so tomorrow is back to cleaner diet (I did have some carbs-a piece of bread and a bit of wheat pasta with tomato sauce and squash). I am still doing Level 3 since I want to achieve expert on it, but I am going to have to add more cardio. Maybe 2-3x a week throw in a cardio dvd (JM Cardio Kickboxing and maybe some Carmen Electra) too.

NSV: I am noticing some biceps coming in and my saddle bags are getting smooth

I hope everyone is having a great week
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #19  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

This week is midterms week again, and I've been having a lot of anxiety problems lately.. so excuses, excuses, I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. Once this week is over, though, it's back to my regular schedule!

My clothes are fitting more loosely, though.. haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks. Better than being a slave to the scale, I suppose! I'll post my weigh-in tomorrow!

Good luck this week, everyone!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #20  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

sheramama - those are great NSVs!!!! Congrats!!!!

pink - the clothes and the feelings are the things that count more than a number on the scale - I think a better judge sometimes of our progress. There is nothing wrong with not being a scale-slut, LOL
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #21  
Being Me-Inside and Out

PinkSparkles: on the clothes getting looser! Awesome! Good luck with mid-terms...I could never do all that again so I give you so much credit

I took Sunday completely off...we went out for a family dinner. And yes, I had a drink and it was De-lish! lol. I have been working out 5-6 days a week though so it's okay.

Today, I started an old 4-day diet (3 cycles planned) which I would love to take off at least 5 lbs before my friend's big birthday bash at the bar in almost 2 weeks lol. Ah, things are great when grandma babysits the kids all night

Oh, nsv: I went on the kid's trampoline which I have been terrified to go on for the first time since it's been up (summer). I had a dream I broke it and I was afraid I really would. The weight limit per person is 225 and I love that I was able to jump with the kids for over an hour and it did not break.

Much luck and calorie burn for everyone!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #22  

Just weighed in, and I'm SO excited.. 181.0!
3 pounds away from my original goal that I set at 248.. holy cow!! This has seriously cheered me up so much.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #23  
~Star~

sheramama - Another huge NSV for you!!!! Seriously, they just seem to keep coming and coming, how awesome!!!!

pink - Great job! So glad you were given such a super reason to be happy!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #24  
Being Me-Inside and Out

PinkSparkles: WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so great that you're this close...Amazing!

ItsMyTurn: Thanks so much. I love the NSV's but I really would love the scale to move down not bounce around (which it has been doing every day lately). How have you been? I miss all the updates about you and the kids!

I started tracking my food through fitday again to be more accountable. Yesterday I hit around 1400 cals and today 930. Tomorrow is my really low calorie day so we will see lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #25  
~Star~

Sheramama - Be careful what you wish for, LOL! Amber had a birthday (her 16th) Saturday, and we did it up BIG. I have been slammed busy all the way around (as you know, just how I like it). Oh! Have you thought about using Myfitnesspal to log? You could add me as a friend StarIsMoving is my MFP name if you want to. That site isn't blocked at my work (this one is now).
My NSV ??? Realization that I have ONE chin now instead of 3... it's just of the face area.. but a before and after to see - which is where I noticed... the before I even had tilted head up to avoid the chins and they still showed... 2nd pic I was under the influence of alcohol and didn't care- yet only one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One Chin.jpg (18.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #26  

I haven't been feeling the greatest lately, the thought of food is making me nauseous. That's really helped me to stay on my calories, though.. and I've been drinking a lot more water than normal.

Which leads me to present my weigh-in for this morning (midweek, I know.. but I was curious, I woke up feeling light, LOL)

178.5!!!!
According to the ticker, that gives me a BMI of 24.9. I don't think I've been a normal weight since I was 5-6, so this is a HUGE deal. I even cried when I saw it on the scale this morning.

Once my exam is over tomorrow, I'm celebrating somehow!!.. without food.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #27  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

HELLO LADIES!!!!

Sorry I've been away for awhile :hugs:! Hope you are all doing fabulously well! (If not in weight loss then in life or home )

I'm doing ok myself. Just concentrating on maintaining weight currently. Between 165-170lbs.

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed in life lately , so putting weight loss off for a bit I suppose. Not to happy in the job or boyfriend department:
As for the job, I do great, I'm ranking Exceedingly Above Average in my scores, and know that I'm great at it, just dont like it! Lol. Not even a little. I do customer service at a call center, but it's hard for me to have people be mean to me a majority of the day. I am mostly able to make them happy and try hard to do so, but I'm the type of person then feels best with appreciation not anger. So it weighs on me a lot.

As for the boyfriend, he's been working part time for a year now (a few hours a day). I take on a bigger amount of our financial burdens, and that is frustrating. He rarely ever applys for jobs and definitely not putting in the effort I would expect. I feel like we're on completely different wave lengths, and he doesn't understand where I'm coming from no matter how I explain myself. The sad thing is inside I dont feel like he's the one for me. I dont feel like were going to the same pace to things we want in life, and are focus isn't on the same things. I feel like I'm mean most of the time just because I'm so dissappointed in the relationship. BUT if we break up the pain is so much, and so scary. I grew up in a bad childhood and its not very easy for me to let people go (unfortunately even when theyre making me miserable). He's an ok guy, just selfish, very lazy and doesn't put in any effort for us.
When I try to talk to my girlfriends about it I just feel like I'm being a burden.

So Im basically at this place in life where I feel unappreciated, and like I'm not moving forward in life since the things I want most would be a family, but staying in this relationship with someone who definitely isnt father or husband material currently and not being able to make myself get out of it, mostly out of fear, is breaking me down.

Sorry for the vent but thank you for listening.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #28  
Being Me-Inside and Out

ItsMyTurn: What? Why wouldn't I love hearing about your life? It is who u are and that why I luv ya! That is so great you guys had a big bash for your daughter's 16th I was a punk and refused one to hurt my mom way back in the day. Glad your girl isn't like I was! BTW: You look absolutely amazing in the new pic with your mini me

PinkSparkles: OMG! AWESOME on the bmi and weight loss. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

JillNicole: Welcome back, babe! I missed ya! I'm glad that you are losing and maintaining, but so sorry about your job. I couldn't do it. I give you credit. As for the bf, is he any better than the ex-hubby? I see why you are at a crossroads. I would love to get to Cali to give you a big You can always vent here, you know that. Relationships are tough enough without you having the pick up his pace. Did you talk to him about it?

Things have been okay over here. I walked with my friend who a made into a Shred addict yesterday bc it was so beautiful out...we walked for about an 1.5 with 5lb weights on each ankle. Today, I did Cardio kickboxing and Level 1 of Shred to mix it up. My eating wasn't as clean as I wanted...calorie was not bad but too high in carbs. My grandparents are up and they are old world. You have to eat. I just ate less lol.

I am having relationship issues too, JillNicole. So I hear you on the frustration. I am just done. Almost 13 years and two children later, I can't do it anymore. It's been getting worse every month but I just shut down. And right now, it's me not him. Since V-day he has been really trying. He is actually doing all the things in the last 5 years that he forgot all about: saying he loves me, complimenting instead of putting me down, showing me some sort of affection etc. But, I feel like it's too little too late. I tried to get over it and I can't. I just don't know where to go from here bc there are two little ones who don't need to experience a broken home. Then he starts with the whole, "I know you're cheating on me." Funny, bc I'm not. But, keep pushing me and it will eventually happen. Maybe that's what he wants-for me to be the one to screw it up. Who knows. I just wish I had the means to move away with the kids. But, I don't. I even wish he would meet someone else to make him happy since he keeps reminding me how miserable he is. IDK. (Whew holy ranting...sorry!)

So, I put all my energy into working out. (Okay maybe a little one flirting a tad bit too...I need the ego boost). I havent binged in months which I havent accomplished prob since college. (That was replaced with drinking instead). I am going to go shopping this weekend for something hot to wear for next weekend for my friend's bday bar bash and feel good about myself.

Have a good one, ladies!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #29  
Being Me-Inside and Out

Augh, I am pmsing and so bloated I didn't bother with the scale today. I also are badly--as in holy carbs and fried food (potato pancakes).
Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #30  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I'm PMSing too. I have a week to go, and the last few days my boobs have been aching like crazy!! I'm all broke out with painful pimples. Boo

Here is some pictures of my puppy!

This one isn't my puppy, but looks exactly like him, I only have my iphone for a camera since my cam got stolen, and theres no flash so not the best pics:
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote