General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #1  
DNW

Talking March Booty Camp, Thread #1

OK it's March and hopefully we are dug out, or did not drown in any floods, and we can put a rather annoying winter, weather wise, behind us. I for one did not do as well as I expected, and for a number of reasons felt the need to resume some anti-depressant medication for the meantime, that has helped me in the past. It's a very low dosge, and while I don't have huge problems with menopause via hot flashes, etc., moodwise it has been more than challenging. The most important thing I realized was that I was heading for trouble when I simply had no motivation to do much of anything. Sitting around like a lump was becoming more and more appealing, and that is not me....hopefully I should be back to my old self in about 3 weeks or so when the Prozac starts to take affect.

I joined Semo's exercise thread and hope to have myself in a little better shape when Bob and I renew our marriage vows on 5/31/03. We will be married for 10 years, and such a jam packed 10 years, so I decided why wait for the 25th, when it feels like we've been together twice that amount! Seriously, Bob has uncontrolled Type II Diabetes so I don't know how much longer he is going to be in good health, and I want to enjoy this occasion now. I hope I can get my original wedding band on by May 31st.

All my love to everyone, especially all those lurking members who we miss so terribly...better start posting my missing ones!!

Last edited by DNW; 03-01-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:44 PM   #2  

DNW: Yea, new thread..... Is your anniversary May 31st, our's is too! How weird is that, it will be 34 years for us. OMG, I can't believe it's been that long. Glad that you realized you were headed down the wrong road and took action in getting yourself back on track. We've also missed your post, I feel as I know you and felt you were being too quite.

Just checking in to see if anyone had anything exciting going on, guess everyone's busy. Be back tomorrow. Bye
Old 03-03-2003, 05:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Just wanted to stop by and say "HI" to everyone. Life is still a little crazy but should be back to normal in a couple weeks.

I hope you're all doing well.

LJ
Old 03-03-2003, 08:19 AM   #4  

Monday Funday! (i'm pretending anyway)
I'm all for putting winter behind us. Below normal temps in my little corner of the world and I've had enough.

Semo, your pilates video's wouldnt happen to be DVD format, would they?
I picked up a cheap Susan Deason Pilates DVD this weekend. Haven't tried it yet.

DNW, I'm glad you are taking care of yourself...listening to your body. Wish I could get my Mom to do the same. We actually made a doc appt for her...she didnt go. My kids are easier to deal with!

My wedding annv is June 16. I imagine there is a goal in there somewhere...

Off to eat some natural cereal
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Monday Funday? Yeah, that always makes me chuckle. Which I really need on a Monday morning! Thanks Tiger!

Spent literally all day yesterday doing the Family Feud game for the MS fundraiser. Raised hundreds of dollars with that and the raffles held throughout the day but I'm still exhausted! And it's going to take 3 washings to get the cigarette/beer/bar smell out of my clothes! Yuck. But a great time was had by all and it was for a good cause.

Quilter, I see you posted on the old thread. Hope you catch up to us here! Glad you had such a good time at the quilt show. Rich and I have one that his grandmother made years ago. All hand-sewn and beautiful. It was appraised at something like $1200 ( ) but we're not selling. It hangs on the living room wall.

DNW, I think renewing your vows is such a wonderful idea. Can we all come? We'll bring gifts, won't we everyone!?

BTW, I wanted you all to know that I'm doing OK with my new attitude. I got on the scale this morning and am about the same as I was a week ago. OK, so I'm not losing ... much ... but at least I haven't gone completely crazy and gained 10 pounds or something. And just this morning I was poking around the WW recipe site and found myself more drawn to the "real" food section (that is, entrees and actual meals) rather than the sweets and desserts sections as usual. A good sign, I think.

Weather's still horrible here. Cold. Icy. Think Spring!

Later!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:13 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies, and a Happy Monday.... well okay, I'm trying!

We are actually putting out fertilizer this morning, OMGoodness, it's about to break loose. I'm ready to get the spring rush over, so here we go, fun time over.

I missed my first day of exercising Saturday, but I'm using that as my day off instead of today. Which BTW I've already done my workout. Don't know what was wrong with me Sat just didn't feel up to par and DH didn't feel well either. We both felt fine yesterday tho.

Tig, sorry they are VHS, we haven't moved up to the DVD yet.

Jello, Great Job with the funraiser! You are a great gal!

Quilter, Glad that you had such a great time. So you help with the displaying (white glove statement). Everytime I go to a quilt show I feel so, in awe of how someone can take little pieces of material and do such amazing things. I feel proud when I do a log cabin.

DNW, Cafe, Bright, Huntress, a big Hello!

Gotta get payroll done. Don't you feel special, I came here before payroll. WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY JOB.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #7  

Tigerlily, my wedding anniversary is also June 16 - 31 years coming up this year.

I'm really happy to catch up with all of you!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #8  

Happy Shrove Tuesday - hope you are all celebrating the Madi Gras without resorting to food.

I swear the girl who was supposed to just do the simple part of my job - like emails for the boss, etc. is about as dumb as a post. Everything is on my desk about an inch high stack of what she didn't know how to do. She's been here for 3 years and supposed to have been doing it since day 1. I think she just decided NOT to do it since she is the one leaving at the end of this week. She even told my boss she didn't know how to attach a file to an email. Now for the scary part - she's going to work for the government at the Coast Guard base...better brush up on your Arabic! Stayed until 8 last night and came in at 6 this morning so I hope to be caught up by this evening. This is also the day the boss said the big project had to get out - the one he'd work on while I was gone - the one he was going to start yesterday afternoon and leave on my desk at least part to get started on this morning - the one that must be in his head because its not in my office or his. I'm ready for another vacation. Stress - could be. No wonder I have Gerd. It didn't bother me at all when I was away from here. Now it's back to the Nexium.

I'm back on my plan, trying to eat a little more protein and fewer carbs like the doctor wants me to.

Our Guild is having a Symposium May 31 (a day of quilting classes, lunch, door prizes and a lecture in the evening by Jenny Beyer. If you are a quilter, you probably know the legendary Jenny. We had to contract her 3 years ago to get her for this. If you are anywhere near Tidewater (Yorktown), VA - we are opening to the public March 14 for tickets - only $5 for Jenny. The all day is $55. I'm looking forward to this - on the Committee and we've been meeting since last June to get this organized and done.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

It's Doughnut Day! It's Fat Tuesday! It's .... scary!!!

There are sweet and dangerous things everywhere here!

Hm, maybe I should go back on a formal program for Lent??? Hm..... Interesting, very interesting...

Getting my hair cut tonight. Not a moment too soon. Almost took a razor and shaved it all off this morning. And, even though it's supposed to snow AGAIN on Thursday it's supposed to be 40-something today and go up to 50 tomorrow!!! May melt all this evil stuff.

Have to run. Too much to get done today. Sigh. Ah, the glamorous life I lead.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #10  

Just a quick check in this morning to say Hi. We were busy yesterday, still too wet for us to do the application, so we spent the day sending trucks out to the air strip. And to top off my day our computers were out of commission. Ugh, why does this seem to always happen on a busy day.

Up early and did my exercise then took my car to the shop. My youngest son picked me up and brought me back to work. He starts his new job Monday so thankfully he was off to give me a lift. The shop was 20 min north of my house then work is 10 south of my house.

Cafe, where are you girl. Miss our simultaneous posts.

Girls, it's wild here already and being 30 min late didn't help. Gotta run, have a great day.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:15 PM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, I've decided that I've already been "off" too long. Nothing really rigid or mind-boggling, but I'm going to be good for Lent. Last year, I gave up sweets for Lent and, on Easter Sunday, I ate enough chocolate bunnies, peanut butter eggs and marshmallow peeps for an army. No good.

This year, I'm going to stay on a program of sorts. Not as strict as other plans and diets I've been on but I'm going to try to eat better, exercise and get in what our dear (missing ) friend Tiffany always calls "the debil water".

So starting tomorrow, here comes Jello. No big goals. No numbers. No regrets.

Let's just see how I do, shall we?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #12  

Sounds like a good plan, Jello...diets don't work but lifestyle changes will. Go girl!
Old 03-04-2003, 04:44 PM   #13  
DNW

Talking L.E.N.T.

L=Love yourself
E=Eat with a humble heart
N=Never give up
T=Tame the food demons

Smooches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:07 AM   #14  

Thanks, DNW - I put that on the fridge!

Rain today - but supposed to be 70 degrees. Spring is definitely on its way to Virginia. Time to start thinking about planting flowers - which the deer will eat. And time to think about getting out of the bulky winter clothes...where is that thin body that was supposed to emerge? Guess I better get with the program fast!

Much work to catch up on yet so better get started - have a great day!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:50 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Ash Wednesday and the first day of Lent. And, so far, I've avoided the leftover doughnuts that all my fine well-meaning coworkers have brought in. I got the power!

Got my hair cut last night and it looked wonderful when she styled it. Of course, this morning, it's not nearly as cute. But it's better than it was. Even feels better. She took an inch or so off the back and more than that off the top to give it a lift. And lo and behold, it's given me a lift too! :

Now if only the weather would cooperate. It's ugly out there today girls. Rainy, gray, foggy. But at least it's not snowing. Uh, that comes tonight. But it's not supposed to amount to much and then the temperatures go back up to 50-ish again. Could spring be just around the corner?

DNW, I love that post too!

Quilter, how nice of you to feed the deer like that! In my neighborhood, it's squirrels and chipmunks. I don't mind usually. It's kind of fun watching the squirrels trying to break into the "squirrel-proof" bird feeders. We've got huge blue jays that come around and they don't appreciate the squirrels trying to steal their food. They're tough birds! It's pretty funny to watch.

Well, guess I'd better get to work. Was in a late meeting yesterday afternoon and at 5 I had to just walk out so I could get to my appointment on time. The old *itch was none too pleased but ... well ... tough, eh?

Gotta jam! Later.
Closed Thread