General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Having trouble with headaches...any idea why?

I'm not even sure this is related but it's crossed my mind that maybe it is... I have been getting headaches recently. It started Friday and I still have one today/tonight. I don't have one constantly though and when I do have one it alternates between a dull ache and feelings of pressure.

At first I thought it was my water intake as I realized it was low. So in the past few days, I've upped my water intake. The headaches persist...

I thought maybe it was stress but I don't feel anymore stressed than usual even though my workload has increased and time is running out.

I've had Subway a lot recently so I thought maybe that was it? I got wheat, provolone, ham, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, lite mayo, and sweet peppers...which is typically what I get when I do happen to eat there.

I typically eat about 1370 calories a day which means I'm shaving off ~1 pound every week. I've been doing this for weeks with no side effects. Even though I have headaches, I'm not experiencing any other problems and am even actually sleeping normally for the first time in months. The only change in this was when I overate on Subway without realizing I was doing so (missed pressing one button on the calorie calculator...huge difference...)...but who has ever heard of headaches induced by too many calories? =/

I don't know what to think here but it's really not pleasant...any ideas?

Last edited by Nadya; 02-13-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Has the weather changed drastically in your area or possibly a chinook came in? I know a lot of people get headaches from that. Another thing could be the sodium from the ham at subway. If you are not used to a higher sodium intake than that could totally cause it.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Are you using any products with Aspartame? That stuff gives me MASSIVE headaches.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Well, we got a bunch of snow but I've been mostly indoors. I went out to get food and go shopping twice though. Would that still cause headaches if I'm sitting in my room? I went out on Friday and Saturday but spent all of Sunday inside.

EDIT: Although in all fairness this is upstate NY so this isn't really uncommon... *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Are you using any products with Aspartame? That stuff gives me MASSIVE headaches.
I don't think so. I had to look up what that is but I don't think anything I've had contained any Aspartame.

I read something about cheese, certain types of cheese. Also something about nitrates but I dunno, I don't think I have ever had this kind of trouble before although maybe it was just the amount this time. =/

Last edited by Nadya; 02-13-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Ohh good thought... A high pressure system could cause a sinus headache.

Take a sudafed and if that clears it up you have your culprit.

Last edited by ValRock; 02-13-2012 at 12:16 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #6  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Well, we got a bunch of snow but I've been mostly indoors. I went out to get food and go shopping twice though. Would that still cause headaches if I'm sitting in my room? I went out on Friday and Saturday but spent all of Sunday inside.

EDIT: Although in all fairness this is upstate NY so this isn't really uncommon... *sigh*

It can cause it with staying in doors. Some people even get the weather related head aches BEFORE the weather changes due to different pressure build ups.

If the weather was nice prior to the snow then it can cause a headache. Even though snow is common, some times a mix between the air pressure and possibly tense muscles can be to much and cause the headache. However, it is usually more common and not just a once a year thing. Has your neck been sore at all? A pulled muscle in the neck or back and cause major headaches.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

I get headaches if I eat wheat. Could you be sensitive to wheat?
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote