General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #76  

Hi I am new to this diet, I started 2 weeks ago today, I'm down 5.5 pounds. That is with no exercise. I need to get on that in a couple of weeks, after my arm heals.

I saw someone post a u-tube video, she said she vists here. She was a pretty black girl, said she has 3 kids etc. Are you on here? anyways I saw you make a shake and you used a whole banana and several strawberries in it. I thought we can only have 1/2 a banana at a time and that would be 2 fruit servings in one shake, you say you have like 3 shakes a day. How are you losing eating that much fruit?

I love this diet, no cooking. The best tasting shakes so far are ON" brand whey shakes at costco and atkin's strawberry banana. I also tried the Designer whey and they are not bad, but do have a and aftertaste. I like one's that taste good when I can grab and go and not have to doctor them up.

Hope everybody does well on this new plan. Even if i only lose 10 in a month, that is 30 in 3 months, so that's better then what I had been doing.

Debbie........

Last edited by taterhead; 03-22-2012 at 02:30 PM.
taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterhead View Post
I thought we can only have 1/2 a banana at a time and that would be 2 fruit servings in one shake, you say you have like 3 shakes a day.
Debbie, I'm not Keisha, but -- do you have the book? I strongly recommend buying or borrowing so you know what you really have to work with. The Woman's World article is not accurate; it drives me crazy that people are going hungry or having other unnecessary struggles. Losing weight is tough enough as it is!

The 5 fruit and veg servings a day are meant to be a minimum, and you don't have to eat 1 per shake or entree as stated in the article. Have what produce you want, when you want it. For that matter, the meal replacements amounts are also minimums. And the bars are an emergency food of sorts, not a substitute for a shake. Just some of the fun facts in the book that make the diet so easy to live with. Check out The Simple Diet on Facebook, and the blog link through the andersonsimplediet website.
minchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #78  

Hi Minchin, yes I do have the book, I never read the Woman's World article.

Page 80 in the book says avocados, bananas and cherries, 1 serving is 1/2 cup, and bananas are 1/2 so a whole banana would be 2 servings. Plus this gal added at least a cup of strawberries to her shake. I know Doctor Anderson says have at least the minimum and you can have more if you need it. My question is how can you lose having that much fruit a day? especially if she is making 3-5 shakes like that a day.

Debbie
taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #79  

Eat the minimum, then add more if needed? This is the worst formula for emotional overeaters.

How does this plan compare to the 400 Calorie Fix? Anyone?
Annleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #80  

Wink Back on Track!

Thanks Minchin! You are right. Dieting is hard enough without getting inaccurate information. I have been on this diet for 5 weeks now and when I reached 10 lbs, I stopped loosing. Then I found this website and found others on the diet. After reading some of the comments, I realized the Womens Day article was not accurate regarding the water intake. I started drinking 8 glasses and bingo, I've started to drop weight again. 12 lbs down, hopefully 15 by Sunday! I also changed my workout routine. So, I feel better now. Actually seeing some progress!
smoothbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #81  

Daer Annleslie,
I believe that the eat more if needed is to prevent going to much higher calorie foods than are in the shakes or entrees. This would be especially pertinent to emotional dieters . His approach actually puts the brakes on just eating in an uncontrolled manner because what you can eat is limited.

Maybe I am wrong but that is what makes sense to me.I think the 400 cal fix is along the same lines but requires more planning.

Good luck to you in whatever path you take.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Default Is anyone still following this diet?

I started in March and lost about 23 pounds, but had family visit and fell off the wagon. I'm back on and looking for support. I have about 40-50 pounds I guess to go to get to "ideal" body size. Hope to find others
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I had never heard of this before but I always wanted to join those Jenny Craig things but it's SOOO expensive. I never thought of Lean Cuisine dinners and all that. I eat those for lunch now. I just bought the Ebook. I'll look through it and might give it a try.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #84  

Sophie that's why I went for this. I was going to join Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig. Not for nothing, but everyone I know who was on Nutrisystem lost weight...but hated the food. I couldn't justify the price having a family of five plus the animals so I started this. Easy peasy. Although the first week I loved it, the second week I missed REAL food, and after that it's been fine. You can also find coupons and usually one store has sales every week and I stock up.

I also do stuff like eat a salad (about 3 cups) every day and 2-3 servings at a time of veggies when I cook them. I use fruit for breakfast and dessert. Sometimes there is enough sauce in (usually not sometimes) in an entree you can flavor your veggies, but I'm also the Queen of Mrs. Dash
Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #85  

I've read some of it yesterday but I find the beginning is a bit long for me. I know it's all important stuff but I know most of it as I've read SOO many diet books lol! I'm planning on starting this Monday. Fresh start. I'll give my beginning weight and I'll weigh in once a week.
I know I didn't finish the book but does it mention anything about if you cheat a meal? I know it'll happen so I want to know what to do in advance. Sometimes, I'm not at home so we eat out. It's not often but it happens.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #86  

Thumbs up

This is from memory, but just aim for salad sans dressing (I just ask for vinegar and add it only) or steamed veggies, lean meat, and if you have to have dessert I think he said fresh fruit?

Basically just keep it portion controlled and of course avoid cheese sauces, fried, and fatty stuff. He does okay diet drinks. I was in a quandry over that because I don't like artifical sweeteners. I know they are bad for me. But I am a Coca Cola addict. I have tried since starting this to give them up completely, but for now I'm cutting myself slack and having ONE 12 ounce can a day or a 20 ounce bottle (depending on where I am) of DIET whatever. I figure as I get mentally more able to do it or physically, I will cut it out completely except for the occasional treat.

Also once you lose I believe it's 40% of your weight, then you add a regular meal in a day? I'm not there yet (I need to weigh about 150 pounds) so I have not read about it in detail.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 192/190/130

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityDiva View Post
I started in March and lost about 23 pounds, but had family visit and fell off the wagon. I'm back on and looking for support. I have about 40-50 pounds I guess to go to get to "ideal" body size. Hope to find others
Just started today! I bought the book a week ago, but just got around to shopping today.

Kristin
kln75a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #88  

Started this morning. Starting weight: 178.2 lbs (I thought it would've been higher so I was happy with that!)

I went shopping yesterday and bought some frozen entres for 5 days. I felt kinda embarassed buying some many frozen entres. I know I shouldn't care but I do :/ Every time I have two frozen entres left, I'll go buy 8 more. As for the shakes, I bought some chocolate powder that met the requirements. This morning, made a chocolate banana shake. Was ok, I'm not used to making shakes with water but it wasn't nasty. I didn't have my coffee this morning because I put too much creamer in it so I decided to just not drink one and drink green tea instead. Planning on going walking tonight. How do you know how much calories you burn? I have no idea how fast I walk.

I'll be working on making some daily & weekly spreadsheets to keep track of. I'm also keeping track of my food on myfitnesspal on my phone so I think I'm all set. I haven't finished reading the book but I'll be reading it while I'm doing this. As long as I follow the 3 shakes, 2 entres & 5 fruits/veggies, I'll be fine. I'm also aiming on drinking my 8-8 oz of water daily.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieCormier View Post
I felt kinda embarassed buying some many frozen entres. I know I shouldn't care but I do
I do too, or did, now not so much. I think with time you just get used to it and so far NO ONE has made a snide remark or anything. I figure if they do, depending on my mood, I'll either tell them it's a diet or just say "I'm going out of town and the husband has to eat" because I'm sure a lot of people buy frozen food for the husbands...or wives LOL.

I'm loving green tea too! But I always have. There is a brand I tried in the last year called Traditional Medicinals and OMG I love it! I never EVER thought I'd LOVE a specific brand, but theirs is really good and is usually the same price as Celestial Seasonings and stuff, but then we do have a tea shop near us so sometimes I get loose leaf there. It's just more of a PITB to do that versus a bag.

I'm so glad you're doing this! And we're close to weights, I started at around 198 and am down to 172 now, so we're really close if you consider the height difference which I think is kind of neat (you're 3 inches taller than me).

I am using Lose It because I like it, but I've heard great things about MyFitnessPal. I used to use SparkPeople, but the phone app wasn't great and I tried FatSecret but their boards are kind of weird. I got a LOT of negative feedback on my diet, and I was just floored. I have had a type A personality where I tracked every iota I put in my mouth and these guys (they seemed to be male) were really jerks IMO.

I've also toyed with a FitBit, but I think for me it will get me back to that rigid type A thing again and when I was that way, I was really stressed out all the time, but anyway it's something to consider as far as counting calories during exercise right?

I'm so happy you joined me!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #90  

Quote:
I figure if they do, depending on my mood, I'll either tell them it's a diet or just say "I'm going out of town and the husband has to eat" because I'm sure a lot of people buy frozen food for the husbands...or wives LOL.
LMAO! That's funny! I should try that if someone says anything.

Quote:
I'm loving green tea too! But I always have. There is a brand I tried in the last year called Traditional Medicinals and OMG I love it! I never EVER thought I'd LOVE a specific brand, but theirs is really good and is usually the same price as Celestial Seasonings and stuff, but then we do have a tea shop near us so sometimes I get loose leaf there. It's just more of a PITB to do that versus a bag.
I never tried that brand. I'm drinking Lipton Green Tea now with the berries flavor in them. I have to add a stevia sweetner though.

Quote:
I'm so glad you're doing this! And we're close to weights, I started at around 198 and am down to 172 now, so we're really close if you consider the height difference which I think is kind of neat (you're 3 inches taller than me).
That's awesome!! I was down to 172 but gained again and here I am haha! I had once gotten to 160 and gained it all back. The only diet that had worked well for me was the 17 Day Diet. I did SO well the first time but when I went off during holidays, I tried several times to start it again and never lasted a week.

Quote:
I am using Lose It because I like it, but I've heard great things about MyFitnessPal. I used to use SparkPeople, but the phone app wasn't great and I tried FatSecret but their boards are kind of weird. I got a LOT of negative feedback on my diet, and I was just floored. I have had a type A personality where I tracked every iota I put in my mouth and these guys (they seemed to be male) were really jerks IMO.
Ugh! I hate when people don't have something nice to say. They all assume everyone is the same way but everyone is different and we all lose at a different pace. Some can't follow a strick diet, some can. I know I can't follow strict but I have to have guidelines. If it's too broad, I tend to cheat a lot.

Quote:
I'm so happy you joined me!!!
I'm so happy I'm not doing this alone!! I know my boyfriend won't be supporting me much... I was telling him yesterday not to bring any crap food in the house that I can't eat. Let's see how long that goes.

Someone at work is having a birthday and we're having cupcakes. Do you think it'll sabbotage my diet if I have one? It's an oreo one, yummy! I wouldn't feel comfortable if they were all eating them in my face while I have strawberries.