General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #46  

Haha! Guys tend to have a higher metabolism period where they do burn faster. It's just not fair!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Yesterday worked an 1800 calorie diet using Slim Fast for Breakfast replacement, drank a second one for in between lunch and dinner and actually ate one meal out (Boston Market turkey, dill red potatoes,corn and steamed veggies from there) and ate a Healthy Choice 300 calorie meal at lunch time, ate 1 Slim Fast snack bar as a night snack and 2 bananas during the day also as a snack earlier. I actually ate 1700 calories, to full for any more food believe it or not!

I think that you can do this yourself and overnight 2 lbs. weight loss but knowing this is water weight still if this didn't work the scale would have stayed the same I believe.

Today I am going to see how the Slim Fast Meal Replacement bar works. I know I can bring these anywhere so later will eat another but will still eat a lunch and a dinner later. I believe that for now this won't make me feel deprived or shaky. Low fat meat or fish,veggies, a carb for lunch and the same pretty much with 2 carbs at dinner, a meal replacement or shake later and I'll get the nutrition in there.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #48  

After one week on plan (though I'm not sure I burned 2000 calories exercising), I lost 5lbs exactly to the decimal. From 230.4 to 225.4 from last Tuesday to today. I know most is probably water weight, but this is at least encouraging. Although yesterday I only had 2 shakes... I'm worried about getting overconfident and not tossing back that third shake even if I'm not hungry.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #49  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Today I made a homemade dinner that met the requirements and froze my leftovers. I am happy to have home cooked food I can eat!
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #50  

Very nice! I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to stay on this... I mean it's simple enough, but I almost think I might slip into something more along the lines of the Slim Fast program because you can have that regular meal. I know it's sad to say, but I'm lazy and it's just easier to grab a frozen meal a lot of the time. Eventually I will work up to making my own meals and such, but...yeah. lol
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
Today I made a homemade dinner that met the requirements and froze my leftovers. I am happy to have home cooked food I can eat!
Will you pl elaborate your homemade food? And also write about your plan. I am on 17 day diet for past 1 year and lost 20 lbs. I want to know about some other plan and try for some time.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #52  
Ted's Pants!

essbee...my husband and I were getting sick of frozen dinners so I had to cook. It was easy though. Just American Chop Suey. I used super lean ground beef, wheat elbows and a jar of Classico pasta sauce. Brown the hamburger, drain grease, throw in sauce, then mix with cooked noodles. Easy as pie! (easier than making pie, actually). Took about ten minutes. The trouble was trying to measure out how much meat sauce we would get and still remain in the requirements. My husband did that bit because math makes me tired. I'm pretty sure it ended up being about a half serving of meat sauce per serving of pasta.
had a big salad with it too so there went two servings of veggies!

I'm just doing more frozen meals today though. I hate cooking a lot, but I was just craving something fresh cooked yesterday.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #53  

I understand! I don't really like to cook myself, but every now and then I get the itch. Ugh. I am so tempted to go out for a good steak this weekend... It won't totally throw me off, but I know if I get a steak at the steakhouse I like to go to, they have this awesome house dressing for their salad that is probably loaded with fat and then they have these crouton-like garlic bread pieces that I just cannot resist. It will have been a week and a half I've been good, but I'm so afraid to let myself splurge. I think what it is, is I need more variety. I do this on every diet I'm on. I find a food I like and stick with it. I've been having those Smart Ones breakfast sandwiches every single day for dinner. lol I love them, but I swear I need to eat something else!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #54  
Ted's Pants!

I'm pretty sure smart ones has a steak dinner that meets the requirements....Salisbury steak potatoes or something? My husband ate it and said it was pretty good. I know it's not the same, but it's good! I like the smart ones mini pizzas. They are delicious! And the mini cheeseburgers. It's not a lot of food but I throw a side of veggies with it and it's pretty good.

I need more variety too. :/ I would kill a man for some Buffalo Wild Wings
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #55  

Yeah, I've got one of the Salisbury steak meals in the freezer. I haven't cracked it open yet though. I will say that the Smart Ones Mesquite Grilled Chicken is all kinds of amazing! The mashed potatoes are awesome in it too! Oh and I have at least one box of the mini pizzas every week. Those are on my must have list, usually for work. lol They actually taste decent and not like fake pizza or something.

I'm not a huge wing fan, but yeah... I'm still totally craving that medium-rare sirloin.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #56  

I think I might be done with this diet, halfway through week 2. It's honestly not an awful diet, but I'm not really able to eat a lot of things that I want to eat that might otherwise be within my calorie range. Plus I really think there is quite a bit of sodium if you're like me and start straying to the canned veggies. I think the diet certainly helped me incorporate fruits and veggies into my diet that I might not otherwise have done though! Who knows; I might come back to this at some point simply because of the convenience.

Best of luck to those of you that stick with it!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #57  
Ted's Pants!

I hate it. I'm still kind of doing it in that I eat shakes and use frozen meals for something quick to eat...but I've mostly been just calorie counting. I figure I will lose just fine that way and I can have a few Thin Mints now and then. (I love girl scout cookies!)
Old 02-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 240/238/215

Height: 5'8

I read the book and completed today one week. Lost 7.5 lbs.

I like it. I don't know how long I will do it, but so far I am fine with it. My worst habits are not eating until I am ravenous and eat anything I can grab without thoughts to portion control. It's definitely helping to eat every 2-3 hours.

I've been eating mainly fresh produce, cheaper from Aldis, and some frozen vegetables and fruits. Between that and hitting sales on frozen entrees, it hasn't been expensive at all. My one splurge is using half Equate shakes and half Muscle Milks. I am slightly lactose intolerant and I like the higher protein in the Muscle Milks. I also have the powder but haven't tried it yet.
Soyrizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 218/205.4/125

Height: 5'1.5"

I like the structure this diet provides for me. Helps me set parameters I feel OK about (and not want to rebel against) for the first time. Eating mindfully and really aware of keeping each meal to around 300 calories, etc. Eating lots of fruits, vegetables (and foods) from the first column (in his chart) and sparingly from the third.

I'm having a (homemade) shake if I'm hungry before exercising. Can focus on what I'm doing now instead of wishing it were over already (so I can eat!) LOL

Having an LC entree for dinner just about every night usually over a mound of steamed vegetables. But haven't fully embraced the diet as prescribed so my weight loss has been modest. Was losing 1 lb a week and now this week I registered a 2 lb loss.

I intend to follow the diet more closely in weeks to come. Easing into it along with reading digital version of Shrink Yourself: Break Free From Emotional Eating.

Last edited by gittel; 03-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.
gittel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #60  
I think I can...

I started the simple diet 6 days ago and I am down 5 pounds so far, it's really easy to stick to as well as I haven't been hungry. I find myself only drinking 2 shakes a day and rarely do I eat the bars simply because I'm not very hungry. I do eat ALOT of fruit maybe 7 servings or more daily. Because I also "pimp" my shakes with frozen bananas and strawberries and they are thick and creamy like ice cream.
I don't know how long I will do this as it isn't realistic as a lifestyle, but I had stalled on my other plan and this is just the boost that I needed.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote