General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Default Carb Lover's Diet

I am intrigued by the concept. Any thoughts/opinions?
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #2  

I don't follow a set plan but my diet consists of a lotttttt of white rice, white pasta, and white bread. It's my one vice; some people can't live without chocolate/sweets, others aren't willing to give up chips. I eat it in small enough portions that my daily caloric intake is still 1200.
leftoverqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think everyone has to experiment to find their best food plan. I personally have to restrict carbohydrates rather drastically. I love them, but they make me so incredibly hungry (and worse, aggravate my arthritis, fibro, IBS, asthma, skin issues, and autoimmune disease).

I feel best on a mostly paleo diet.

I did find that using an exchange plan was very helpful, not only for portion control, but also for comparing one plan to another. So whatever style of eating I tried, I implemented it within an exchange plan format.

I even have problems with fruit. If I eat fruit alone, I end up eating too much, and end up hungrier faster. So if I eat fruit, I make sure I eat protein along with it.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm the same as Kaplods. It's a recipe for cravings, hunger, and inflammation for me. I can eat some starches, but not most and not in significant quantities. I love carbs, but they don't love me back. At all.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

From what I've read on this diet (and it's been very little), it recommends lean protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs.

So, it's just a healthy diet. It's not advocating that you can lose weight on donuts and cookies!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I'm the same as Kaplods. It's a recipe for cravings, hunger, and inflammation for me. I can eat some starches, but not most and not in significant quantities. I love carbs, but they don't love me back. At all.
I feel the same way. Carbs don't love me back.
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I don't know anything about the Carb Lovers' Diet, but I love carbs and eat lots of them, mostly whole-grain but some refined. I tend to have most of my carbs at breakfast and lunch, with supper more protein-based. I know a lot of people say they find protein more satiating, but so far I haven't found an appreciable difference.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Thanks everyone. I'm a carb addict (self diagnosed) . I found that certain "complex carbs" have really helped with my hunger/cravings...I added sweet potatoes (which I microwave and LOVE), oatmeal (which again I am surprised to love) and other lean chicken breasts. I also tried brown rice...I can't say I loved it but I could get used to it and know it's healthier than white rice. I've started edding a hard boiled egg for breakfast with Turkey bacon also. I found that my morning cravings are SOOOOO much better. When I eat processed diet foods for lunch...I find myself immediately craving.

I looked at the CL diet and got most of the tips from them. I also increased my intake of bananas. I don't like fad diets. My mission this year is to stop eating so many processed foods. I eat low cal and generally healthy but almost EVERY meal has something processed (except when I have oats or sweet potatoes). My sodium content is OUTRAGEOUS.

I know nothing about nutrition (sadly) and am researching from scratch. Any suggestions????

Last edited by free1; 02-03-2012 at 07:44 AM.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

For me, learning about nutrition has come from little places like this one, where there is information. Looking up words and concepts I didn't know. People link to other blogs or articles, so I would find that.

There might be one comprehensive nutrition book out there, but it might be a textbook for a nutrition class. Maybe you can find one used?

I think it is hard for the lay person to get that information easily.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote