General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #1  

Default Slim Girls Box of Secrets

Hello folks

I am new here - just registered

Last year I lost almost 8 stone (110lbs) so I am not new to weight loss - This was done with a diet and exercise programme.
I have put around six pounds back on on over the xmas perios but have now lost three of those so am back on plan

This is a very off the wall question - I didnt know quite where to place it within the boards - so opted for here because of its more general nature.

I wondered if you folks had come accross

The Slim Girls Box of Secrets.
I will not go into huge detail about it here as if you google - a lot of info will come up but briefly its a programme that bases itself around NLP and is supposed to change the way you think about food and therfore the relationship you have with food.

I am a born sceptic and what bothers me slightly is all the reviews I can find give glowing reports about this which in itself seems a bit odd - I cant seem to find a review where there is any degree of balance.

I have recently attended a local talk where they were promoting this approach and have to say it was a nice evening (with some of the proceeds donated to charity) - the speaker was interesting and although I was expecting a hard sell to buy the product this didnt actually happen !
The talk was quite generalised on how the programme worked (with a hands on demonstration of how to get rid of chocolate cravings) so it pulled you in from an interest perspective but then didnt give all the nuts and bolts of how to make the programme work for you as an individual - This is why no hard sell - once hooked form an interest perspective - you then need to buy the box for more info on how to do it !
So it was quite a clever approach

At £50 its relatively expensive - but probably not so if it really does help people

Has anyone got any thoughts on this - and its uselfullness to weight loss.
debsdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

This seems like a legit mixed review:
http://dietchoices.com/diet-plans/th...ox-of-secrets/

It appears to be sold through a marketing scheme that was not found to be legal:

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adj...ADJ_43925.aspx

When I'm searching for reviews of a product I'm suspicious about, I Google the name of the product and add words like "scam," "ripoff," "fraud" and "hospital."
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #3  

Hi there

Thanks for those links.
Yes I do those type of searches too - I had actually come accross that review while searching around and yes I agree it seems to be the most balanced one out there currently - although even after reading that I still dont know quite what to make of this

I had no idea about the marketing - but its certainly something that makes you go hmmm

From what i can tell this product has been around about three years (maybe longer)
debsdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think much of the information they offer in the box can be gotten for free just by googling and coming to 3fc and reading the posts.Did I read "effortless weight loss" ? There is no such thing.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote