General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #46  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I wish I could motivate my mom to exercise/eat better with me, ItsMyTurn! I live 4 hours away from her for school, and she's always super impressed when I come home slimmer and says she'd like to do it too, but she doesn't want to put in the effort. Ah well!

As for the weigh-in, I was 187.5 today! Got a solid 300 calorie burn in this morning, too, so I'm feeling great. Happy weekend everyone!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #47  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Happi Weekend to all of you! I have this weekend OFF!
Today is supposed to be a day for me, but I may have to make it on the
I'd rather be outdoors!

Pink: It's funny you should say that about your mom. I've tried for years to get my mom into regular walking/workouts--something--anything, but she never sticks with it. She's been on every diet known to man!
She called me this week and made the most OVER THE TOP comment to me:
"Well, not ALL of us can be SKINNY!"
If it hadn't been my mother, I'd have called her out on that, with a reply similar to this: "You don't know the HALF of it! Do you know what I go thru in a day? in a week? in a month? The sacrifice I've made to educate myself and live healthier? The sacrifice I make DAILY to buy more expensive food over junk?"
I could keep going, but I think you all get the jest of this!
FYI: I didn't say any of this to her.

Last edited by K9Owner; 01-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #48  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

ItsMyTurn: It's funny that you said that bc a lot of the older women I talk to at work with older children all said the same thing. I spent 8 yrs losing myself and now I want it back! I am now MOM plus me lol. My daughter even noticed that the last time I went out (for my friend's 30th) that I was in a good mood. I love how you Skyp with your mom...that's awesome. I am really close to my mom too and I am glad she is only 15 min away, I couldn't imagine across the country.

I got hit with the spinning/shivering stomach bug yesterday evening. So, I am out of commission until at least tomorrow. Grrr. That's what happens when everyone at work-kids and staff-are all sick. At least I get out of going to the guy's aunt's house for dinner (which I was dreading!). I just wish it was for another reason! I will have to weigh in tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #49  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Pink - As you well know, it's up to the individual to make up their mind to do/want it. My mom decided when she saw a picture of herself - and then when I started too, it gave her incentive Great job on your workout!!!!

Krystal - My mom has struggled her whole life to keep her weight healthy (even when she had it totally under control it was cause she fought it), so has a total understanding of what I go through - I am sorry yours doesn't. I think it's shocking how people can assume there is an easy switch to turn and then BAM, we lose weight...sooooooo not the case

sheramama - I hate living so far away from my family. Before we moved to AZ we had a house right around the corner from my folks - we saw each other daily... it's been REAL tough to adjust. I am here for my kids though, and that helps keep me from a total meltdown Sorry to hear you got a bug... hope you are feeling better??

As for me - scale didn't move a bit this week, but I have implemented some small changes that I hope will make the number go down this coming Sunday. Just have to wait and see I suppose Have a good one!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #50  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Quick post...
Hope everyone had a great weekend
TOM just arrived so feeling cruddy. Wish I could stay home!

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #51  
~Star~

JillNicole - Hope the cruds pass for you soon. Keep on plan and remember you are stronger than that dang monthly visitor
Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #52  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

ItsMyTurn: At least you are and your mother are inspiring each other...that is a great thing.

JillNicole: Feel better!

As for me, I am slowly getting over the bug. I woke up to a 2 hr delay due to ice with the kids. I went to start my car to warm it up and ofcourse, the battery was dead. TG my neighbor gave us a ride to their schools and my office to drop off paperwork. My mechanic (another neighbor) jumped my car since IDK we couldn't do it. I was over an hr late to work, my client was actually good for once (Yeah!), but I still felt blah.

So no work out for me today and I ate apple sauce, saltines, and a quarter of a banana. I know I said I wanted to lose but c'mon! Lol.

I did weigh myself before all this really hit and I am -3lbs down Maybe I'll be another 2 at this rate.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #53  
~Star~

Sheramama - Definitely not the way anyone wants to lose weight.. dang. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #54  
~Krystal~

Jill: Kick TOM out! UGH!! I despise intruders! (of course, I'd really hate it if he weren't coming)
Feel better soon!

Shera: Take the loss while you can! I hope you feel better really soon as well.

Star: WATER WATER WATER!! I'll accept NO excuses, ma'am!!

Hey, speaking of kicking things out--I'm kicking this 6 month plateau out!!
Santa may have found me to be on the "naughty" list and not brought me weight loss for Christmas, but Cupid likes naughty girls!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 01-24-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #55  
~Star~

Krystal - You so ARE making that plateau say good-bye in like 3 languages! I love it! I was so happy when I saw that this morning just reinforcing you are doing right for your body!!! As for the water... just completed cup6 right now. Getting ready to go outside for lunch, which means passing through our cafe and will fill the cup back up! I am trying to get no less than 12 cups/day... BARELY hit it yesterday, and that was the first day I did...It's getting easier. The issue I think is the bloaty I am feeling makes it harder to drink... but bloaty due to the colon issues... if anything, water is the best thing for it - so... in the hatch. BTW... sincerely... thank you for pushing me on it.. the reminders are awesome!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #56  
Progress not perfection

PinkSparkles... Good luck with the running plan girlie!!
And as for getting your mom to diet with you.... I use to do that with my Mom... then her, my aunt & grandma all
got GASTRIC... now they ANNOY the heck out of me, and I dont want anything to do with their "diet" LOL

ItsMyTurn... Yeah if I dont eat what I'm craving around TOM it is not a good idea for me either LOL I will eat so many "healthy"
things and then still end up eating the thing I want... or just be pi$$ed until then lol
2 hour SKYPE! That os awesome.. my mom & I can talk forevvveeerrr tooo Kick the scale! LOL :

K9Owner... LOL Glad cupid's being good to the naughty list!! haha

Sheramama.... I feel ya on your evaluation! Even thought I'm very lucky I got hired at my job, I'm not "happy" with it. It bores
me to death, and I dont feel like I'm doing what I should do. I'm glad you are doing things for yourself, and realizing things
that you don't like. I love flirting
&& I hope you're feeling better!!

AS FOR ME...
went on a great walk today, all by myself, listened to a book on tape. My new schedule is 12-9pm, plus I have a new puppy (pix soon) so I some how dont make time for walking... so I'm going to try & kick that! Im going to try and walk each morning (difficult for me because im a zombie in the morning and energetic at night LOL).

AS FOR THE SCALE...
not getting on that bad boy until Friday.. maybe evern saturday lol... nervous. Haven't been writing down what I eat the last few days, but my Easy Diet Journal should be here within the next few days, thank goodness, need that little buddy!

Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #57  
Progress not perfection

Almost Friday Ladies! Hope you all have a fun weekend planned
I have Fri & Saturdays off now so looking forward to my days off.. always LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #58  
~Star~

Jill - can't wait to see pics of the pup! That's so cool! Nicely done on the walk... I love just putting my earbuds in and going... decompress Any plans for your weekend?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #59  
Progress not perfection

IMT... Today I'm going to run errands I think... Tomorrow night suppose to go to our little local bar and hang out not much really lol but still glad it's not work, my work is so repetTive that 1 hour feels like 3
Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #60  
~Krystal~

Hi ladies
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I'm recovering from a hangover from last night, but I'm working it with my K9s, so all is well.
Despite drinking last night, I intend to do some core in about 3 hours. I can't totally waste a day just because I chose to have a few glasses (ok, almost 2 bottles) of wine/champagne last night

Scale is down again this week! 145.4 (-0.6)
for Spike Diet!!
Who knew I wasn't eating enough???
I promise if I hadn't seen such great results since Jan 1 with having Spike Days, I would have NEVER believed the old adage: eat more, lose more!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 01-31-2012 at 04:00 AM.