General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #391  

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA! We went to North Carolina for the weekend...it was really nice. Our church owns a house in the denomination's retreat center, and as members we can rent it cheap. So we did. Our former associate pastor and his family live there now, and he is senior pastor at one of our churches there. They had dinner with us one night...LOVE their kids and had a great time.

Wednesday is the senior adults luncheon and I am cooking. The director asked me to make more bbq...sigh. I said sure. So the pork is roasting in the crockpots for it. It smells pretty good. And its about time for bed! It will be smelling like dinner all night! I hope it gives me good dreams.

I am really irked with the county...changing the water aerobic classes. I am trying to decide what to do. The hubby is not keen on the cost of the Y, but he may come around...and I would have to use it a lot to make it look like a good deal to him. sigh...

Time for bed, so I will get off here and hit the pillows.. good night!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #392  

Been a busy week. Got my ultrasEound on my caritod arteries and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. I'll be interested to hear what my heart doctor has to say about the heart monitor. Had allot of fast food this week. Just had one of those weeks I didn't feel like cooking and was tired from all the running.

Ellen- How did your luncheon go? Hope it went off without a hitch. Did you deciede what to do about water aerobics?

Solly- Hows the foot? How are you feeling?
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 260/247/150

Height: 5'7

Hi! I am new to Sugar Busters so I decided to pop in on this thread! Anybody has any tips for this newbie. lol. Have a wonderful day everyone!
tdtl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #394  

Hello, tdtl07! Welcome! Tips for Sugar Busters... One of the best I got when I started was to start with legalizing your food. Don't eat anything that is not ok, and don't worry about portions. Eat what you need to of legal stuff for the first few days to get over the initial getting used to it. So, if a half of a box of triscuits is what it takes to stay legal, then do it. Then, once you are settled with WHAT you can eat, start to hone the details of HOW MUCH you eat. There is SO much you can eat that is delicious and legal, its such a great program! I wish I could still do it, but I have serious blood sugar issues, and I have to eat VERY low carb to maintain normal levels.

TONI: I decided to join the YMCA! They have classes five days a week, weights, a coaching program for free, zumba classes, yoga and pilates, body pump, cycling...and its all just a little bit more than I would pay to go to the county pool. They have a dynamite instructor there for water aerobics. I get a fabulous workout, and the people are REALLY nice. It will help my blood sugar management too. Friday night our church choir had a dinner and spent some time in prayer. They prayed for me, and I had a miraculous 40-50 point drop in my levels on Saturday! I am beyond excited!

Time for bed!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #395  

Sorry I've let the days slip by. All is fine. Tonight we're having everyone fix your own food. I need a break from cooking LOL.....

tdt- Welcome to the boards. Just take one day at a time. Sugar Busters is easy to follow once you get the hang of it.

Ellen- The Y sounds wonderful. Thats so good you like the water aerobics....
Yea for prayer helping.

Solly and Crystle..... Hello
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #396  

Kind of dead in here..sorry I have not been contributing. Joined the Y,and I love it! I go tomorrow to meet with the exercise physiologist and set goals and get trained on the machines. Looking forward to it! I can go to water aerobics five days a week now, or swim whenever I want. I am not much of a lap swimmer, but just getting in and walking in the water is great, so I intend to use the pool!

Eating is fairly good and my blood sugar is much more tame than it was...I am excited!

My daughter came over yesterday and I got to play with the baby. She is just six weeks old and is already trying to talk and coo. Its so cute! She gets crabby a lot though!

A good friend's mom died very suddenly this afternoon. I am feeling rather sad about it. Her mom was just a few years older than I am....she is young with three little boys. Her mom helped her a lot, so I know its going to be so hard on their whole family....the boys adored her.

Hi Toni!

Solly, Crystle...where are you?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #397  

Just got done cleaning my dresser off and getting a bag ready for the thrift shop. Need to go through my shoes next and check them out. I know I've way to many. Got soup for tonight. Went to the store today and got some beautiful ham shanks to make a pot of beans with it. I guess the weather has turned cooler and I'm in the mood for pots of stuff.

Ellen- The Y sounds wonderful and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Wish I was there to go with you. I would love it. They of course have nothing like that in this small rural town. We're all excited about them building a Dollar store here. LOL

Think I'll take a little nap. Hey Solly and Crystle where are you?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #398  

Hello hello ECHO ECHO.........
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #399  

Hi Toni! I think our thread is about dead...
Old 10-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #400  

I hate to see this go. We've come so far..
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Sorry to be MIA so long. Just been so frustrated & down about this weight jstidntwant to come here i have missed everyone. You would think if my weight was bothering me so much I would do something about it, but I continue to eat fast food & make unhealthy dinners. Seems like there is always something going on that involves food.

Ellen, glad you joined the Y.i looked into it jstforthat water aerobics. It is a little more that I want to pay but I still might have too. Glad you are enjoying your grand baby. Sorry about yor friend's mother. We have to go to the funeral home today. Seems like we have done a lot of that lately.

Toni, started to send you a post on FB Saturday. We were watching Mizzo beat up on ky. Did you get the results of your tests yet?

Bored today. Might clean out a cabinet. Other than a horrible cough & some RA flares nothing major going on with me. Go to back dr tomorrow. Need to et my sleep apnea machine back out. Maybe it will help me sleep & stop oughtn't o much.

If our thread dies we will have to keep in tough on FB. I will try to come back soon.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #402  

SOLLY: Most Ys have a referral program..if you know someone who is a member they refer you and you both get a discount! Check it out! I was pleasantly surprised how reasonable the Y was...about the same as I would have paid for individual classes at the aquatic center! I LOVE water aerobics...and I am so excited that I can go as much as I like! AND the weight area is great for strengthening stuff...which helps the metabolism....go for it!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #403  

The Y sounds great to bad the nearest one is 3 hours away. I would love it. I just can't get motivated to lose weight. I even made chicken pot pies tonight. What a shame a am.

Ellen- You sound like you're doing wonderful. Keep up the good work.

solly- So happy to see you posting. Wish we were eating right. Maybe we'll catch on....
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. We didn't have too many. So that means lots of candy left over. I also did pretzels for little ones. My DD can take them to school. She has 3 weeks of student teaching & then she is finished. Then looking for a job. She has one prospect & the principal where she is student teaching told her she would hire her on the spot if they had an opening. I don't think she will have a problem, just not the best time of year. Now I will have two teachers with masters in the family. Makes me feel dumb.

Ellen, I am going to look into the referral program. Have to do something.

Toni, I hope I catch on to something soon or I will be back to where I started 9 years ago.

No plans today other the going to the library to pick up a book I ordered. Seems like all I do is read. Have a agreat day
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #405  

Hello! Still going to the Y just about every day...today I lifted 26,755 pounds! Then I went and got in the pool and jogged up and down the lane in the water for 30 minutes. I am really tired tonight! Time change didn't help.

Weight is down just a pound or two, and the bg levels are not responding as well as I would like, but I feel great and am motivated...so I will continue.

Off to get ready for bed!