General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Exclamation Do you think my scale might be wrong?

I've had it for over 2 years now and its digital.

I am 5'7 3/4"
According to my scale 148lbs
Measurements are:
23 (legs)

I have a friend that is my exact same height down to the 3/4" and her measurements are:
22 (legs)
....pretty similar to mine and shes 123lbs....i mean were only a few inches different on our measurements and thats a 25lb difference!! .....is my scale wrong? or what do you think is up? Also I am not muscular. I did my body fat percentage and I'm normal.

Last edited by AmandaNicole; 09-27-2011 at 12:17 PM.
AmandaNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Everybody is different. Many factors can cause this. Don't compare yourself to someone else, it will only cause confusion.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

try weighing yourself on the same scale
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

At my lowest weight I was those measurements and I was 169lbs (also 5'7") size 9. I think it all varies, I wouldn't compare yourself to your friend or the number on the scale.
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #5  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

If you want to try a couple scales to see if your scales is accurate, then you can. But also be aware that when you are happy with the way you look an feel then you are golden - the number on the scale doesn't matter.

And as weird as it may seem, with the same dimensions you could weigh different. You could be a little more dense. You could have stronger more calcium rich bones, more muscle (than you believe), heck you could have more brain matter filling up your head. It all seems very silly when I say it, but size and weight do not always go hand in hand. There could be a ton of (healthy) reasons for the difference.

As a side note: I would kill for the dimensions you listed. You must look killer. :P
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #6  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I don't really find that surprising at all. If you're talking about ON AVERAGE than someone who is about inch taller than you can be 5lbs heavier than you and have the same BMI as you. So height certainly does make a different.

Add to that that you seem to have a slightly different structure than her. You're more straight whereas she's more curvy, so you're talking about two entirely different body types too. You could also retain more water than her, have a larger body frame than her and/or also have more muscles too (you never said if she worked out or not).

Another thing too. Taking those measurements... well, that's only a limited part of your body. Your hands could weigh more than hers, you might have a naturally thicker neck or bigger feet. All these things contribute to your weight too.

If you look at some of the threads about sizes/weight/height you'll see people at the exact same height/weight who were drastically different sizes!

Oh, and that can happen on the same person! I've been the same weight I am earlier in my life (without lifting) and now I do lift. I wear roughly a size smaller than I do back then.

The moral of the story? Our bodies are insanely complex entities and you can't extrapolate what your body should look like from someone else's. That's why BMI has a RANGE of healthy weights (and many people even question that ).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote