General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #46  

Hey everyone! Cleaned a good bit today. Was getting ready for the painter to come and do inside repairs from the leaky roof...but he called and postponed to Thursday... The gutter guy was supposed to come and never showed up. Tom called him tonight and he is supposed to come Thursday, or at the latest Saturday. Guess this is just the way contractors are....

Eating was good today. The cupboards are very bare...so I went to the store tonight and got some stuff. I got everything I needed to make a big batch of gazpacho. I love it, and its very diet friendly...all raw veggies chopped finely and mixed with organic tomato juice and a splash of olive oil and lemon juice. I really like having it on hand for snacking.

Was considering going to water aerobics in the morning, but the only class on Tuesdays is at 8 and I have not been sleeping well and don't want to chance it. Will walk instead.....

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I finally got you on my other computer. Yeah.

Got good news this morning. They have finally approved my disability. It will still be a process but that is such a relief off my mind. My hand is better today. still not 100% but better.

Toni, some cheats are just planned and ok. Most important thing is to get right back on track. You are doing great with the treadmill. I am trying a little walk each day and doing my PT exercises.

Heartmom, Weekends are the hardest time for me too. We eat out and drink too much wine. We have 2 weddings this Saturday so that will be hard too. At least you got some workouts in to counteract what you ate. Hang in there.

Ellen, A walk is a nice change from water aroebics. It is cool here so it is enjoyable.

Crystle, how are you?

Mercee, hope all is well with you,

Welcome to our newbies. Hope you stay with us.

Off to make some stuffed peppers for dinner. Not my favorite, but food doesn't interest me right now. guess it is the predisone I am taking.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #48  

Been a good day today. Walked on my treadmill and have ate good but didn't get my fruit in. I'm only having it before 2 in the afternoon. But did pick me up a nice cantaloupe half at the store today. Tonight we're having veggie beef soup.

heartmom- How you doing? Are you having a good week?

Ellen- Send some of that soup this way. Yummy. Are you in the mist of a painting mess? LOL....

Solly- Yippee girl way to go on getting your disability. I was so relieved when I got mine. And really happy to get the back pay. Glad your hand is better. Maybe things are going to start looking up for you.

Crystle- Been cooking anything good lately?

Beth- We miss you. Please stop by.

Darstarr- Howdy ho..... How you doing?
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #49  

Woo Hoo lost 3 lbs. this week.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #50  

Hi Ladies:

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Welcome to all the newbies!!

Toni- Great job on your loss!!!

Solly- Glad you got your disability.

Ellen- Howdy!! Hope you are getting the work done on your house.

Have a great day ladies. I a doing great we have been so busy but all is well.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #51  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Solly..I am SO happy they finally approved your disability. One less thing to worry about.

Toni..woo hoo on losing three more pounds!!

Ellen...the soup sounds yummy. I just had a concoction of tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime, salt and a little reduced fat sour cream...YUM YUM

Mercee..Good to see you.

HearMom...I think weekends are the hardest for all of us. One of the teams that I belong on on SparkPeople has a "weekend challenge". Basically we weigh on Friday and Monday. Since we post the weight it makes it easier to stick with the plan. Who wants to be the one that went up the most.

We actually had a real rain shower with lightening and hail earlier. It wasn't very long but what a huge blessing. I wasn't expecting it so I did have clothes on the line. Good news only one thing fell to the ground.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #52  

Had a great lunch of salmon, brown rice and a little salad. Got my walk in today on the treadmill. So all is good.

Mercee- So good to see you. Hope things slow down a bit for you.

Crystle- Oh no thats bad something fell off your clothes line. Nice you got some rain. I turned our air on today but its suppose to cool off tomorrow.

Well Hubby should be home soon so I'll get off here.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #53  

Hi ladies, Had my GS yesterday and had a dr appt today and therapy on my knee, then to SS to turn in some more papers. I hear they ususally deny your claim 2 or 3 times before they approve it. Went to get another opinion on my back. he said I had alot of problems. Ha-ha. He said that I should have had the screws and rods the first time, but understands why the dr did not do it for my safety. But to eleviate my leg and back pain, that is definately what i need. guess I will go talk to my surgeon again and see what he wants to do. Need to find out about my other knee next week first.

I am down 6 lbs since Monday (water) and about the same place I was last Thursday. Hope I can keep it going down. I have been walking around the block each night (twice yesterday) plus maybe the exercises at therapy are helping also.

Toni, 3 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Crystle, glad you got some rain. We have had a lot of it lately. Wish I could send some your way.

Mercee, glad you are doing good. Nice to hear from you.

Ellen, hope your painting is going well. Iknow how messed up your house can be with all that going on.

Heartmom, hold on, the weekend is coming, Try your hardest. We have 2 weddings on Sat, but probably will not get to eat at either one running to the other. still working out?

Beth, how are you?

Darstar, come on back.

Got to run, Will have the GS tomorrow but at his house. So see you on Monday,
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #54  

Hello everyone! About to head down to the garagio to throw. Was thinking of taking Tom to work so I could use the car, but he reminded me that our grandson is coming to stay with us tonight...and will probably get her around 5. I can't wait to see him! Its been two weeks, and I miss him when I don't get to see him. He is at an age where he is changing rapidly...with starting kindergarten and all...and I hate that I don't get to see the changes more. I also hate that he is growing up so fast! Did not weigh this week...so I have no idea how things are going. Had a chiro appt Wednesday...and I am still kind of sore from it. My coscocondritis (sp?) is flaring, which is what is causing the soreness.

Will check in later!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #55  

hi ladies, was on the computer signing up for the Komen race fo the cure this sat, so hought I would pop on her a minute.

Had a good weekend, have been walking around the block each day. Did it twice today but my back and leg hurt now. I went to some stores with my DD today so probably was on my feet too much. Have some SS thing to deal with tomorrow so I might be MIA. Eating has been ok. Very mindful of what I am eating. Had fish for dinner that was delish. Aspargus and a salad and half a baked potato. Even though I had to fix it and cleanup, it was rally good.

Making a goal for this week to get out of the 190's. Going to work hard on it and try to get some exercise in too.

Ellen, I feel you pain with your flareup. Mine has been so bad. enjoy that GS. They sure grow up fast.

Toni, Crystle, Heartmon, Mercee, hope you had a good weekend,
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #56  

Had to much wine this week end. Could just kick myself. But on the good side I'm back to a good healthy lifestyle this morning. Walked on my treadmill and thawing some nice salmon out for lunch today. Tonight is chicken breast. Probably on salad. Got some bell peppers to chop up for the freezer.

Ellen- Hope you had a good time with your Grandson. He must be getting so big. Sorry for your flare up.

Solly- Yea on your eating right and walking. I know how good it feels to get out of a number. Have a great weigh in this week.....

Just had a yogurt and some flax seed. Think I'll curl in the blanket for a little more news...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #57  

Hello everyone! I had my grandson until this afternoon. His dad was out of town for a wedding and got back today, and picked him up when he came to get his car that he left here. Today was early release and my daughter could not drop him off at school and pick him up..I couldn't leave today as the painters were coming. They showed up this morning and worked a couple hours using a spray primer to cover the discolored areas where the roof leaked. Tomorrow they will hang a new ceiling in the hallway downstairs, and then paint the kitchen ceiling. Next, we need to redo the carpets. Its beginning to look MUCH nicer. Now if I can just clean...haha!

Dinner tonight was buffalo wings, celery, bleu cheese dressing and cauliflower. I just bake the wings at 400 degrees on a foil lined jelly roll pan for about 45 minutes. They get nice and crispy without frying. Then I just drizzle some buffalo sauce over them. Its easy and delicious. We had quite a pile of them! (I got a HUGE bag of wings from Costco!)

Tomorrow my 40# box of boneless skinless chicken breasts comes in. Its a company that works with CSA's, and they deliver once a month. The pick up location happens to be our church. The price is incredible...only $1.49 a pound! I hope they are good. This is the first time I have ordered from them.

Its past my bedtime! So sweet dreams, everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #58  

Hi ladies. Had togo to the ortho doc this morning. I do have another torn miniscus in my other leg. So going to get it fixed next Thursday. It wanted to do it this week but I have a wedding Sat so I said wait a week. Might as well get it fixed while I still have my insurance. Still waiting to hear from the ins co. on my disability money. wish they would hurry.Been walking around the big block twice a day. Already did once today. Going to dinner with friends so we won't go tonite. Had lunch at taco bell today. That was not good but where the girls from work wanted to go. I went by and turned in my keys, gate opener, credit card, etc. Guess I am officially done with work. Glad of it. Things are so badthere, they have even quit buying them bottled water.

Toni, I know the wine thing. I love my wine. At least you are walking on the treadmill. It helps.

Ellen, sounds like you will have a nice house when they are finished.

Off toget my GS for a couple hours before dinner.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #59  

Lost 1 lb. this week. Its coming off slowly. I think the treadmill is really helping. We went grocery shopping yesterday so I'm all stocked in. Today I get a permanet. Will be so glad my hair looks so bad.

Solly- Sorry you have to have your leg fixed. Don't know how you're walking around the block. Its great you can quit working and take care of yourself.

Ellen- Wow thats such a good price on the chicken breasts. I paid 1.97 yesterday. Hot wings sure do sound yummy. Your house is sure going to be nice after all that work...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #60  

I am waiting on my little private art student. Today we are doing watercolors. I feel so frazzled though. The company that does the chicken donated a box to the church as a thank you for letting them use our parking lot. We cooked it up today and made ten casseroles with it to keep in the freezer for when folks need help. The rest I am going to use in chicken salad for the big potluck supper on Sunday.

Off to get things organized for my student. I am SO tired though! Wish I could take a nap...but no, I have to fix dinner than head out to a meeting tonight. SCREAM!!!