General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

UGH! Not only have I not took off the weight I gained during Boogie's surgery...I added a couple more. Feeling outta control and sugar is getting the best of me. NOTHING fits...well, elastic does. Ha. Well, I can't afford a new bigger wardrobe for Fall so I've got to get my butt in gear. I am officially recommiting myself to eating low glycemic foods and if for some reason it's not possible from time to time...then sticking with small portions and not bingeing. My appetite has just been unreal lately. Lots of stress I'm sure hasn't helped. I've learned that I can't be too strict(like induction Atkins) or I will binge eventually and it's ugly when I do. I've got to find a medium. Today I've had a Kashi bar(5g sugar) and 1 oz almonds for bf. Had a large apple earlier for snack. I will have a turkey sandwich on ww with lite mayo, pepperjack cheese, bell pepper, spinach, tomato, cukes. Afternoon snack will be plain Greek yogurt and a Glucerna snack bar. I have a veggie beef stew in the crockpot, it does have some corn in it...but it's all lean. I'm trying to focus on overall healthy foods, foods with nutrients right now instead of trying to count cals, fat, carbs, etc...Also, I have a huge addiction to Diet Cokes...drink up to 4 cans daily. My first goal with that is to reduce it down to 2...wish me luck. I plan on walking a mile at lunch...better than nothing. Okay, I'm rambling and I gotta get back to work. Welcome the newbies!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #32  

Add a 100 cal mini bag of popcorn and a Russell Stover SF choclate pecan delight to that...yeah, I know my calories are kinda high today...but baby steps..and I did a lap around our local park which is 1.25 miles in 17 min on lunch...got a little sweaty, so at least I accounted for the popcorn Going home to see the kiddos...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #33  

Heatmom- I like how you had all those veggies at lunch time. I need to start doing that. I'm all out of fresh veggies like tomatoes and cukes.

I had 2 fresh chicken eggs, 1 slice of multigrain dry toast and a orange along with a cup of green tea for breakfast. A small container of activa yogurt for snack. A sandwich on a bread round with turkey on and mustard on it. For dinner it will be a grilled chicken breast, cauliflower and green tea. Also on my way to drinking lots of water.

Walked on my treadmill today. That makes 3 days this week.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

HeartMom, You can do this. Sounds like you are already setting some good goals and making steps to make it happen. Fall is a wonderful time of year for a fresh start.

Toni..those two pounds will be off before you know it. The walking will balance out the extra you may have been eating.

Ellen...Your vacation sounded like a fairy tale.

Solly...Hope you are feeling better.

Mercee and Beth...

Darstarr01...Good to see you posting.

Just finished my workout and dinner is calling my name. I missed lunch, if I miss dinner also my daughter will have a cow. She is watching me like a hawk..LOL I told her today I was the mama.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Hello everyone! I hit the ground running. Cooking for the senior adults at church today. Will do a proper post later....

DASTARR: Welcome! You can find a good GI list on Mendosa's sight. He has a LOT about the GI and GI load on his pages. He is a diabetic and uses the GI to control it. GREAT stuff there... Here is the link: http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm
Thanks Ellen! When I get a chance I will check on that site looks like a whole lot of info.
darstarr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #36  

Not a proper post, but wanted to stop in and say hi. Dinner for seniors went great. They are always so appreciative...makes me feel good about doing it. I came home after cleaning up and took a nap! I am fighting this cold...and I have not taken a nap in months and months! I felt so decadent!

I have to clean up and prepare a lesson for my art student tomorrow. The house is a disaster area!

will do a proper post as soon as I can... meantime,

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #37  

Hey guys...I'm off to a good start this morning...woke up early to do a workout and I hope to walk another lap on my lunch hour. I had a Kashi bar with coffee for bf. I don't think I will buy those again...they don't do much for hunger. I just got thru with 1 oz almonds and a 2% cheese stick. Lunch will be another sandwich w/veggies, minus the cheese today, and a Greek yogurt(plain w/cinnamon). Probably an Atkins bar for afternoon snack and maybe leftover beef veggie stew if the kiddos haven't ate it all by the time I get home...otherwise I will make an omelet with veggies and 2% cheese. It's so much harder to take it off and not as fun as putting it on
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #38  

pics...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #39  

Well, now it won't let me load any...will try later
Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #40  

Four days on the treadmill. Had 2 eggs, a piece of dry toast and an orange oh yea green tea for breakfast. Lunch was a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread round. A yogurt for snack. This evening dinner will be fish and veggies with a green tea. On my second 32 oz.. of water. The day is going pretty good. Put up some fall decorations. So it looks happy and like fall in here.

Darlene- How is it going for you?

heartmom- Sounds like you're doing great.

Ellen- Don't forget to rest a bit.

Off to finish my green tea and watch Dr. Oz.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #41  

Doing pretty good today. I did a workout this morning, won't be going to walk on lunch hour since I have errands to run. Wish me lots of willpower this weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2122.jpg (15.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (16.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #42  

Good Fall afternoon. Its a wonderful Autum day here. I've had a lovely day just doing nothing really. Didn't walk on my treadmill today. I'm taking the week end off. Had a piece of low calorie multigrain bread for breakfast with some peanut butter on it. And an orange for a snack. A tuna sandwich for lunch with green tea. An activa light yogurt for a snack. And a pork loin chop for dinner with brussell sprouts for dinner.

heartmom- My goodness have your kids grown. They're so big and beautiful. Boogie looks so handsome. And your daughter is a knock out. Hopefully your week end goes well. Aren't they hard. We'll try so hard. Good luck....
Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. surgery went well on my leg. doing well walking. not sure why things just cant go in the right direction. get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. being off all my meds has caused my RA to flare big time. I have not even been to bed at all last night. I was in so much pain and I tried everything from ice, heat, lotions. Got to the dr at 7:30 this morning AND talked her into giveing me 2 cortisoine shots. She didn't want to but my hand looks like a monster hand. Hand of a 100 year old cripple. Started back on my meds today. Hopefully it will get better soon. I am typing this one handed so pardon my mistakes. Still no word on disability. Have a feeling she will deny it. Hand my mri on my other leg on friday. Eating is so so. Trying to get website on my computer upstairs. haven't been able to find you guys so I have copied the site and will try later. Then I can get on all the time.

Welcome to newbies. Hopefully will be able to post more tomorrow.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #44  

Had a cheat day yesterday. We went out of town yesterday and ate out at Applebee's. But I planned a relaxed nice day. So today back on the wagon. Its nippy today so I'm slow moving. Still need to walk on my treadmill.

Solly- So happy to hear from you. I was beginning to worry. Glad your surgery is over and you're on the mend. It will be so good when your meds are back helping you again. I can't imagine how bad your hand is. Please heal....

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #45  

Just a quick drive-by. Well, I didn't do it...couldn't make it thru the wkend OP. UGH. Well, I got back on track yesterday, did a good workout and did a workout this morning. Eating is good today. Not much else to report...just working(big YAWN).