General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #136  

Show was Saturday...did great! Just ordered myself a new cellphone with my sales money. I was surprised, but I had a LOT more than last year. I did not buy anything this year. That helped!

We went out to a farm to meet the grandson and his parents to pick out a tree. We are not putting one up this year, so it was fun to go. The place had tons of chickens wandering around, goats and pot bellied pigs for the kids to pet, and a huge inflatable slide for them to play on. There were s'mores, hot cocoa and a hay ride. It was a groupon special, and I think the farm was overwhelmed at the response!

Time for me to head to bed. Hope everyone is doing well!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #137  

We decorated Saturday. Got our little tree up and some lights around the porch. Got to talk to my son in Iraq Sunday. Found out my daughter in law and Grandson are coming home for Christmas. This is such a hard time of the year. First Christmas without Teddy. I'm trying so hard to have the spirit but its hard with Teddy gone and Scott in Iraq. Just mopped the kitchen floor. Whole house smells like pinesol....

Ellen- Its great you did good at the fair. Sounds like a wonderful day with the Grandson.

Solly- Hope you're doing good and healing well.

Crystle- How are you doing? Nice you got to spend time with the Grandkids.

Need to go hide a new present that came in the mail for DH....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. First time downstairs to the computer. I came home on Thursday. I actually feel great. I still have some leg pain but hopefully time will take care of it. I have been out to dinner and then to Kohl;s (in a wheelchair) but getting out. I didn't expect to feel this good.

Ellen, glad you had such a good showing. Why no tree for you this year?

Toni, my heart breaks for you. I don't know how you survive the loss of a child. Try to be positive.

Off to pay some bills.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #139  

Hello, ladies! Waiting for my new cellphone to be delivered. I was going to go to the market today, but I have to be here to sign for the package, and I couldn't bear waiting another day! haha!

SOLLY: Good to see you posting! I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope the recovery is quick and easy! No tree for us because we are going to our daughter's for Christmas anyway...and it is just so much work! I think both of us are a bit bah humbug..and holidays make me a little sad with the situation with our son. We have some decorations up...and yesterday my sweet hubby brought me home a poinsettia.

TONI: I am so sorry about Teddy. I know it is so hard to go through these holidays the first time, and still dealing with the grief...and we really think of family and memories at Christmas. Keeping you and yours in my prayers. I am glad your daughter in law and grandson will be home for the holidays. ((hugs))

Off to do something productive!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #140  

Guess I'll wrap some gifts today. Was going to go shopping but it snowed a little last night so hubby wanted me to wait a day in case the roads were slick. The sun just peeked out so it should melt this white stuff. Lots I can do in the house. I've also got to get a box together for Scott. Hopefully it will get there by Christmas.

Ellen- Oh boy a new cell phone. Hope you love it. Bet you will have a good day going to your daughters for Christmas.

Solly- Hope you are resting and doing good.

Crystle- Hope you're having a good Birthday....
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #141  

Ran around and did the shopping for the kids event at church Saturday...its called Breakfast with Mary and Joseph and its all themed on the nativity. Its pretty cute...and they bring in live animals and have someone dressed as Mary and Joseph, and tell the Christmas story. I am helping with it, and especially helping the kitchen crew. We are making waffles with strawberries and whipped cream..pseudo Belgian ones!...and baking bacon. I also have to make sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.

I am pretty tired...I took one of my sleeping pills last night and slept MUCH better than I have in a while. I am hoping I won't need one for a while now...and I feel sleepy so I better head towards the bed!

Night!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #142  

Hi girls. just came down to pay some bills so thought I would check in. Feeling a little sore today. We went to a party Sat night and I stood alot and then yesterday the girls and Ibaked all day. So probably over did itsome. Had to go get a steriod shot in my hand. the dr had told me it was tendonitis bt the nurse practioner said it was arthritis. They did xrays and she said I had bone on bond in my wrist and thum. So got the steriod shot (which hurt) but hoping it takes care of it. Done, Done Done as the commercial says with doctors and healthg problems that is.

Ellen, what a cute idea the breakfast was. I like that. Hope it was fun for you. Did you get an Iphine? Hope you are liking it whatever it is.

Toni, snow? all we have had is rain. It is beautiful today. Just took the dog for a walk around the block. I think rain is coming back on Wed.

Crystle, hope you had a great birthday.

My good friend's mother passed away so we have to go to the funeral hometonight. I plan to sit alot. She was 92 and she and her husband had been married 76 years. That is unheard of. Bad thing is, he is 96, and still drives! Have a good week. I get to keep my grandson 2 days this week so I won't be bored anyway. Have a good week.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #143  

I've had computer problems so haven't been able to get on here. My computer crashed and I lost all my information I've had for years. Just made me sick. Don't know how I'll ever get it all back. Or if I ever will. Its been a beautiful 60 here for one day. We also got some rain. Its getting closer to when my company will be coming and I've got so much to do and not getting any of it done. LOL.... Eating is not good. But still walking on my treadmill. Better get off here computer is acting up and I'm having trouble.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #144  

What a sad little group we have become. I have been crazy busy. I went yesterday and did a craft in my grandson's class. The kids loved it, and the teacher was impressed, which is what my daughter was hoping for. They made little snowmen out of small flower pots with a wood ball glued on the bottom, then spray painted white. I got the idea online, so I can't take credit for it, but it went well.

Wednesday, I cooked for the senior adults. Today I am heading down to the big farmer's market as I MUST get some groceries....I hardly bought anything the past two weeks I was so busy and Tom claims he is going to starve if I don't start feeding him! Silly man....

Christmas presents for out of town family are going to be seriously late. I ought to go down and throw some things this morning...I still may. And I have two paintings to do too. Argh! Where did the time go? And there is NO way the paintings can be done and dried and shipped before probably new years...

Eating was bad for a few days. I ate cookies and party foods, but I am back on the straight and narrow. My blood sugar went up some, but its coming back down much quicker then ever before. I am encouraged.

Hope everyone is doing well. Really do miss you all...

SOLLY: I got an iPhone 4s. I LOVE it. I can hold it up to my ear while driving and tell the voice assistant what I want to do, and she does it! I can now text, and email and make calls without having to touch buttons and be distracted. I LOVE it. Enjoy your grandson! They grow up SO fast!

TONI: Oh, I feel your pain on the computer crash! There are places that can get your information off a crashed hard drive. Do you have any best buys near you? I would call around...if the info is important to you, it might be worth it. I had that happen, and I lost a lot of stuff. What made me the most upset were the pictures I lost. My husband is a computer programmer and he was not very sympathetic...he always is harping on backing up and often...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #145  

had just aminute before my DD picks me up to go with her to inish her shopping. I think I over did it cleaning so my back has been jurting. Better today. I go to the dr tomorrow.

Toni, how alwful about your computer. My DD's is acting up too. She needs to take it somewhere. Enjoy your company.

Ellen, Hope you get your gifts finished. Sounds like fun with your grandson. We are a pitiful g roup, but we are friends. That is all that matters. Tyring to decide if I want a Kindle Fire or and Ipad2. I really want the Ipad but don't want to spend that much money. I got a $300 gift certificate from Anthem so that would buy the Kindle Fire. It may be all I need.

In case I don't get back. A Blessed & Merry Christmas to all of you. May we be friends for a long time. Love you guys.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #146  

I just lost my whole post. Dang it. So I'll just wish you ladies Merry Christmas. And I love you ladies. Thanks for being my friends and all the wonderful support you've given me through the years....
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #147  

Good morning all. I haven't been on here in a while. I used to do sugar busters several several years ago. I am back to start again. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I see some of the old users are still here, which I am glad to see. Any pointers to get started and get my head on straight, since it has been awhile. Is there a place where you still go to post your menus? I can't wait to get started. Thank you all in advance for any advice.
shortstuff5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #148  

Hey everyone! Still crazy...had trouble with my last kiln load, and feeling discouraged. BUT...my MIL sent us money for Christmas, and I put my part towards what I saved and ordered a new wheel! Mine is very old and beginning to lose sensitivity to speed...I am uber excited! When it comes, I will probably switch to porcelain. I am tired of the problems I am having with my present clay body.

Shortstuffs, welcome! Getting back into it...just take one day at a time. Best advice I ever got was to stay legal...even if it meant a whole box of triscuits. You can do the portion control after you get over the sugar cravings. Glad to have you join us. Our little corner ought to pick up a bit after the holidays. Go ahead and post menus here. This is our only thread now. Our forum was deleted about a year ago.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

Last edited by Ellen; 12-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #149  

Default Sugar Busting Shop List

Hi! Brand new to sugar busting and this awesome website! Recently was diagnosed as insulin resistant/pre diabetic....Def. Having some high sugar issues. Read the S.Busting book, but it seems pretty general to me...can anyone recommend a list of specific food products/name brands of items that fit the Sbusting guidelines? Seems like no HFCS or no bleached or refined flour is a tall order in todays grocery stores. Maybe a list of exactly what to buy to get me started.....Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! I really like what I've read. Thanks! -Jr
cptcrnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #150  

Welcome, Cptcrunch! Sugarbusters is great for getting the insulin issues under control. I am sure others will chime in...this is just the slowest time of the year for this group, so don't give up on us!

I have a number of favorites that might help you in your shopping:

Triscuits
Ak Mak crackers
Nature's Own whole wheat bread
Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal (or store brand, just NOT instant or quick cooking)
Motts Unsweetened Applesauce
Any brand of 100% Bran Flakes
Alexis brand sweet potato fries (in moderation!)
Stoneyfield Organic plain yogurt- you can add fresh berries if you don't like plain
Lundberg organic brown rice- there are several varieties, Jasmine is good-I do not eat rice though. It raises my blood sugar a LOT.
In the produce section:
apples, oranges, pears, etc.
celery, lettuce, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower,
sweet potatoes (but don't eat them too often)
dairy-chose plain without added sugars
Lean Cuisine has some whole grain varieties, often labeled for South Beach. Just read the labels. You want to make sure there is not added sugar, and that there is three grams or less of sugar per serving. No enriched flours, or wheat flours- that is just another name for white flour. Make sure it says 100% whole grain. You can have 100% juice, but its way better to eat a piece of fruit as the fiber helps slow down the absorption of the sugars.

Ok, that is all I can think of right now. Its early for me...I just couldn't sleep!

Welcome again...very glad to have you join us.