General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Action Weight Loss Custom Plan

I bought a new program that I just recently read about called the Action Weight Loss. It cost me $40 and I got a PDF. There's a money back guarantee that if you don't lose 10% of you weight in 30 days, they'll refund you. I thought to myself, hey, it's worth a try right? I searched everywhere for reviews and there isn't a lot posted on this diet. There's 3 phases of the diet. I'm starting phase 1 on Friday. I'll be weighing in that day too. Supposedly I'll be losing 10-15lbs in 10 days. Phase one is the reset phase and the phase where you lose the most weight.

Anyone else on this diet?
I'll keep you all updated.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I googled it quickly to see what it was about... sounds a little suspicious. What sort of things are they having you do for food, are there certain things you have to cut out? What's the exercise plan like?

It kind of sounds too good to be true to me, but let us know how it's going.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #3  

I know, I felt the same way as you. The first phase is pretty intense.
Example of Day 1 = 4 meals, 2 are watermelon and 2 are soups. They recommend cabbage soup or carrot & tomato soup. Everyday is different like that for the first 10 days. After that though, it gets a lot easier. Depending on your height & weight, you get so many proteins, carbs, vegetables, fruits etc. Once all your weight is lost, you go into phase 3 which is maintenance. I find it pretty interesting. The workout they have for you is very great too. Moves you can do at home or pretty much everywhere.

The only set back for me is you're only allowed a coffee in the morning (with sweetner and zero calorie creamer) and you eat at 11AM, 2PM, 5PM & 8PM. You can always add something in the AM if you want but you probably won't get the same results as what the diet says. I'm going to drink my coffee and add fiber in it. I'm hoping that'll work for me. I also drink a lot of water.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #4  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC

I don't think we have any members on that plan. Most of our members either calorie count, carb count, or follow a diet plan that is published and viewable before purchase (such as south beach). eBook diets are almost always a mystery and you never know what you are going to get. That's probably why you are not finding reviews on the internet. All diets work, the trick is finding a diet plan that you enjoy so that you'll stick with it. Being able to see the diet plan first is a huge part of choosing a plan that will be successful for you.

Good luck with your diet!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #5  
it's always something

Oh dear, I just read your meal plan. Have you added up the calories to see what you will take in? It sounds like it might be an ultra low calorie diet, also designed to whoosh off water weight. This isn't true weight (fat) loss, though the scale will move. You may feel fatigued on this diet. Please listen to your body if you experience anything out of the ordinary. If you have any health issues, you should run this diet plan past your doctor before beginning.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome Suzanne!! I should've introduced myself before posting here. hehe
I understand that phase 1 is low calories (most definately). If I see it gets to a point where I can't no more, I'll just skip to Phase 2. Phase 2 is healthy and you eat healthy foods, meat, fruits, veggies, carbs, healthy fats etc. You have two cheat days per month. If something happens that you have a birthday party to go to, you don't sabbotage your diet. It tells you not to go overboard though. You will have to lose it afterwards.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #7  

So you paid $40 to be told to eat clean (after yet another random-food-only diet)?

And you're here telling us we should look into it?

What's your financial interest here?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
So you paid $40 to be told to eat clean (after yet another random-food-only diet)?

And you're here telling us we should look into it?

What's your financial interest here?
I wasn't telling anyone to into it really.. just wanted to see if someone had already tried it.

I think I might skip Phase 1 of the diet and jump right to Phase 2. I'll start my exercise from Phase 1 though. Friday will be my first day so I'll have time to do a grocery and will weigh in and take pictures on that day. I also have a small fitness test to do to see how much I can do now and how I'll do once I lose the weight. I'll keep you all updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Hi, welcome. And does zero calorie creamer exist??
I don't think so... I searched online yesterday and didn't find anything so I'm not sure what creamer they were referring to.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 08-24-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #9  

I'm going to hold off on this diet for now. I want to try counting calories before giving this diet a go. If calorie-counting doesn't work though, I'm going to give it a try. The thing that scares me about this diet is the no breakfast... I HAVE to eat breakfast or I'll get weak. Putting this diet on hold for now!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #10  

How do you prove your starting and ending weight for the guarantee? It sounds like a fad diet and a rip off. At your current weight, losing 10-15 pounds in 10 days would take a miracle for it to be true fat loss. I think you just threw $40 down the toilet.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote