General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #1  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Default Diet questions: fiber, protein and sugar

I have recently read a few articles online about how having a high fiber food diet could help you lose weight.
So I went out and bought Fiber Plus cereal and read the side and it said 12 grams of sugar.
The wheat flakes were coated with sugar and the yogurt clusters were just as sweet!
I'm also trying to eat more protein as it supports muscles and those help you burn fat
I've been eating lots of fish and stirfried veggies
but I get tired of constantly cooking things on the stove and just want to pick something up and eat it!
I bought special k meal bars because I am trying to eat 5 small meals a day (3 hours apart) to wet my metabolism and keep it going through out the day (also something I read off a google search) and I was going to replace one of the meals with this.
Are these packages going to benefit me?
Has a high fiber diet helped you in your weight loss journey? what about protein?
How much do you eat a day? and do you use these kinds of products?
and most importantly how much sugar is it ok for me to eat daily?
also I tried the full bar which does make you feel really full.... of water.
So idk.
Please enlighten miss clueless
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Anything processed is a lot less likely to be useful, and it's worth knowing that low-fat foods often have high sugar to compensate. Good sources of fibre are wholegrains, vegetables, fruit. Wholegrains turn up in a lot of studies as good for weight loss for various reasons. As for fibre, it seems to be popular, and if nothing else, it helps with the constipation which a lot of dieters experience.

If you get fed up with cooking constantly, do you have a freezer? There are lots of things you can make in bulk for little more effort than it takes to make a single serving, and then just freeze them for later. I currently have in my freezer about five portions of soup, ten stuffed peppers, four portions of Thai curry, and what I think is more like a double portion of mango curry I made before I started dieting.

As for eating five small meals a day, first of all that's not essential. It works for some people, it doesn't work for others, I think the majority of people don't do well with it. It also means real meals, not Special K bars. You sound like you may be migrating towards three meals and two snacks, and that's absolutely fine. The snacks would be better being fruit or a few nuts or similar, though, rather than cereal bars.

You've lost a lot of weight, what has been working for you so far?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #3  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Well actually at the start I worked at a Bakery with donuts and foundants and chocolate danishes.. and I quit and lost 15 pounds from the decrease of sweets I didn't inhale everyday. Which was a lot.. and then I joined a 30 day challege Firm Express, I wasn't dieting at all... but now I'm afraid I've reached the end of that and actually have to start exercising and dieting. I haven't seen any changes in my weight since I started putting the focus on my diet so I don't know what to do, I started calorie counting, trying to eat 5 small meals a day and incorporate fiber and protein in my diet and I think I may have actually went up a pound !
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote