General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirl View Post
I was a chubby kid, but went on a diet at 14 after a moment of inspiration, and lost all the baby fat. I became a popular girl in school, a cheerleader, and had loads of confidence. This carried through until my early twenties, and I started piling on the weight. I went from 125 pounds to where I am today: 230 pounds. How I gained over 100 pounds in 8 years is mind boggling to me. I don't know how I got to this point. I've tried countless times to stick to a plan and drop the weight, but I always gained it back.

Bottom line is, I want my "happy" back. I've lost myself in all of this excess baggage. I want to fit into the clothes I have saved all of these years to get back into. I want to look forward to getting dressed in the morning, and not just throw anything on to look semi-presentable. I want to enjoy living again! I want to be a fit and healty mom to my baby boy. I don't want him to be ashamed of me when he gets older.
I don't think Dylan (adorable!) will ever be ashamed of his mommy, but I do understand how you feel. Just take one day at a time. Stay on program for 1 day. Aim for a loss of 1 lb. Then when you do that, go for 1 more day/one more pound. Don't think of your long term goal, which can seem so unatainable that you get depressed and give up. Take a picture every 10 lbs or so and post it on your fridge, so you can actually see your progress. Good luck to you.

Carol

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 08-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #32  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I always had a distorted image of myself, when I was slim, I thought I was fat, when I was fat, I thought I was slim.

I saw pictures, and was like 'pfff...thats not me..'
and then I walked by a mirror and did a double take only to realize that fat girl in the mirror was indeed myself.

And then I ...stepped on that scale...
Only to have everything confirmed to me.

I couldnt wake up in the mornings without pains in my ankles and feet.
I couldnt wear high heels because it was just too painful.
I couldnt do anything really.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/180/144

Height: 5'6

I was at work one day and another employee ran into my hip... said that it didn't hurt bc of all the cushion I had. She also said that since I have three kids, the days of being thin are over,,, just a fact of life. Well, I'm here to prove her wrong. I loved reading this thread!! By the way, shopping, pics and clothing were also a huge inspiration for me.
Shmoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
I always had a distorted image of myself, when I was slim, I thought I was fat, when I was fat, I thought I was slim.

I saw pictures, and was like 'pfff...thats not me..'
and then I walked by a mirror and did a double take only to realize that fat girl in the mirror was indeed myself.
I have that same distorted image. While I was gaining, if I saw pictures of myself my thinking was "The camera always adds weight", but if I look back at my thin pictures, I looked thin. So the camera didn't add weight then. I still don't think of myself as fat, until I try on clothes, or pass by a mirror in the mall.

Carol
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoops View Post
I was at work one day and another employee ran into my hip... said that it didn't hurt bc of all the cushion I had. She also said that since I have three kids, the days of being thin are over,,, just a fact of life. Well, I'm here to prove her wrong. I loved reading this thread!! By the way, shopping, pics and clothing were also a huge inspiration for me.
Oh, that's all it takes.....one such comment. After losing 80 lbs, my sister-in-law got a job in a bakery. It got back to her that another family member made the comment "I can see what she'll look like after awhile on this job!" She made up her mind and lost another 20 lbs after hearing that, while working at the bakery!

Carol
Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #36  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Great replies guys! I enjoy reading your posts.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 328/322/175

Height: 5'6"

Not being able to find clothes. There are so many stores with normal sizes but only two that carry nice plus sizes. I want to be able to find my size ANYWHERE!
Sparkly Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #38  
Just do it

S/C/G: 157/152/137

Height: 5'4"

I just need to try to not be like this anymore. I hate getting my picture taken. I cannot buy pants, I'm so thick waisted. I finally broke through my denial and the lies I told myself. I now exercise 3-4x weekly, and am cutting carbs and refined sugars. I'm sticking with it, and seeing how far I go. I have a salad with no dressing for breakfast and a vegan soup for lunch. WHole grain and veggies for dinner. It's happening.
BlissBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissBunny View Post
I just need to try to not be like this anymore. I hate getting my picture taken. I cannot buy pants, I'm so thick waisted. I finally broke through my denial and the lies I told myself. I now exercise 3-4x weekly, and am cutting carbs and refined sugars. I'm sticking with it, and seeing how far I go. I have a salad with no dressing for breakfast and a vegan soup for lunch. WHole grain and veggies for dinner. It's happening.
That's how it is Bunny....one day something clicks and you do it! Good for you. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #40  
Just gettin' started..

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly Blonde View Post
Not being able to find clothes. There are so many stores with normal sizes but only two that carry nice plus sizes. I want to be able to find my size ANYWHERE!
Yes!

For weeks, people kept telling me how great my older sister was looking... I dismissed it. Figured it was just the hair and make-up she was taking the time to work on.

Then we go thrift store shopping and she finds CARTS full of stuff to choose from.. me, nothing.

The last straw was when she brought me SIX HUGE BAGS of clothes she no longer fit in (including stuff we got that day at the thrift store). The sad part, even some of her "fat" clothes didn't fit me because they were too small. ...SIGH... I did not want to be the "fat" sister.

So I decided enough was enough and have dropped 10lbs in 4 weeks. I am starting ESE and have completed my 1st week (2 fasts). I have a long way to go, but I am sick of not having choices in clothes, sick of dreading the fitting room and ready to start getting those "you look great!" comments too!
mellyme123 is offline   Reply With Quote