3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Anybody else obsessed with their ticker? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/239112-anybody-else-obsessed-their-ticker.html)

neek87 07-25-2011 11:43 PM

Anybody else obsessed with their ticker?

I am! Every pound I lose, I immediately update my signature ticker and profile stats. And then I stare at it for a few minutes before getting on with my day. Love that little ticker!

Reached onederland today, by the way! Woohoo! :D

m3rma1d 07-26-2011 10:13 AM

CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!! My goal is to be there by Sept 13th.

And yes I am also obsessed with my ticker :)

lin43 07-26-2011 10:25 AM

Well, I haven't been able to figure out to to insert one, so my answer is "no" (LOL!)

SweetTreat80 07-26-2011 10:31 AM

I might be obessed if I new how to get one and had one LOL But I do admit that I love looking at other peoples tickers and seeing the wonderful progress they've made. It's not only awesome it's inspirational. Congrats on your success!

Esofia 07-26-2011 10:42 AM

As someone who doesn't have a ticker, I'm wondering how you cope when you enter a number into it and the next day you're a pound up? I started by updating my profile with my exact weight, but after a while I realised that this got tricky with fluctuations, and found that I'm happier putting in more approximate numbers such as "low 130s". And I don't get huge amounts of fluctuation with my weight, relatively speaking. Tickers are popular, and fluctuation is normal, so I'm curious as to how people handle that side of things.

TheBunneh 07-26-2011 10:52 AM

Congrats on onederland!

Esofia: I update my ticker weight when I've seen a number two or three times, so I know it's not a fluke. If I fluctuate up again I still leave the ticker where it is until I reach a new low number.

m3rma1d 07-26-2011 10:53 AM

When I have the tiny-normal-fluctuation "ups", I don't change the ticker.
When I have the sat-on-my-azz-and-legitimately-gained "ups", I DO change the ticker to reflect it.

christine123 07-26-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lin43 (Post 3956028)
Well, I haven't been able to figure out to to insert one, so my answer is "no" (LOL!)

Hey Lin - I found it where you customize your signature. It will bump you to another website where you can fill it in and then link it to your signature. I am not sure if there is a better/easier way to do it but that's how I did it when I had one.

georgeshair 07-26-2011 01:55 PM

I have an official weigh-in every Monday night at my diet & exercise class. After the class, I change my ticker. I do weigh myself on Saturday mornings, just to check my progress, but I don't count this as official because my scales are approx 2-3lbs different than the ones at class.

And yes, I'm obsessed with my ticker and I love changing it.

lin43 07-26-2011 02:36 PM

C
Quote:

Originally Posted by christine123 (Post 3956261)
Hey Lin - I found it where you customize your signature. It will bump you to another website where you can fill it in and then link it to your signature. I am not sure if there is a better/easier way to do it but that's how I did it when I had one.

Thank you!

RawrDinosaur 07-26-2011 03:28 PM

Finally got mine today!!

summerlove 07-26-2011 04:39 PM

I am, and I'm proud of it!!

neek87 07-26-2011 10:35 PM

Haha, ok good I'm not the only one obsessed with my ticker!

Esofia: I've been dieting for two months, and I haven't experienced any fluctuations, but I think that's because I weigh myself at the same time of the day. It's always first thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom and before I eat or drink. I weigh myself about two or three times a week.

Esofia 07-27-2011 02:32 PM

Seriously? You have never hopped on that scale and seen a number higher than the previous one? That's quite unusual, from what I'm told. Menstruation alone can throw the whole thing off a few pounds, and I find that even though I stick firmly to my diet plan (seriously, the one time in over three months that my calorie deficit has been less than it should be was when I had a bagel last week), the numbers still wobble about a bit. It's normal, even when you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, which I do as well and I think most people here do. I'd guess that in your case it could be if you're not measuring to decimal places, because you're weighing yourself less often than daily, because you haven't been doing this for very long yet, but I'm still surprised. Whatever the reason, that's excellent progress you're making!

To everyone who explained about fluctuations: ah, that makes sense now. I think I'd feel like I was cheating that way, but hey, I haven't tried it so what do I know! While I don't have a ticker, I do stare lovingly at the nice little downward trend on my weight log graph pretty often.

Time2GetFine82 07-27-2011 02:36 PM

Be Glad When I Get My Ticker .... I Hear U Have To Be Here For 20 Days And Have 20 Or More Posts......that Sucks!!!!