6 Week Body Makeover

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I really thought I created a new thread earlier, but apparently I posted a new reply in the old thread. So here goes my second attempt at creating an updated thread...

I did a search for threads, and I found one...but it looks dead. There are only 4 posts for this year, so I'm starting a fresh one for anyone else that will be starting soon, or has recently started. The other thread is here: Michael Thurmond's Body Makeover, there are about 19 pages of stuff to look through so it could be a great place for info. But I feel a new thread was warranted seeing how that one was started in 2001 I think the oldest post was dated.

I just ordered the program this morning, so I'm hoping to get it by next week sometime so I can go shopping for my food and get started!! :-D I'd love for anyone to join in so we can support eachother on this journey. I also have a thread where people of any plan can go to for support on your diet plan, or just life itself when you need some encouragement....we can all use that once in awhile. That thread is here: Anyone else trying to lose a person?
    So if everyone could answer a few questions as you come in so we can all get to know eachother, that'd be great!

Name: Sara
    How much do you have to lose? about 90 lbs
    When was your "official" start date? Still TBD once I get my kit
    Do you have an ultimate goal reward? A new wardrobe, possibly a vacation
    What do you feel you struggle with when it comes to losing? I struggle with staying consistent when life gets stressfull. I'm an emotional eater so when I get stressed out I turn to food.

I look forward to keeping up with everyone!!
  • Hi Sara,

Name : Nikki
    I need to lose 125+ pounds to be at my "healthy weight" but really I need to lose 40 + pounds to fit into my wedding dress. I got stuck in it last week...not pretty! LOL

I officially started yesterday and I'm doing pretty good. It took everything to no eat EVERYTHING in site! I eat when I'm happy, when I'm sad so pretty much all the time. Which makes it very difficult!
    What is your weightloss goal for 6 weeks?
    My goal is 20 LBS that would be so awesome
  • Hi Nikki! First off, congrats on your upcomming wedding!!! <3 I think 20 lbs in 6 weeks is very do-able. Hmm...for my goal for the first 6 weeks, I'd be happy with 15 lbs, but I'm going to shoot for 20-25 because I have so much to lose I think it will come off quickly in the beginning.

What type are you? I can't wait to get my kit, I'm already chomping at the bit to get everything so I can type myself and see what I should/should not be eating and everything.
  • Hi ladies, I'm in!!! I have less to lose, about 30 pounds, but would love to embark with ya'll. I would love exercise buddies. Ordered the book today. I would like to lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks. It's totally do-able, and with you guys having more to lose you can easily torch 25 to 30. Not to set sights to high or dangerously unhealthy but when I was heavier it was easy to lose 4+ pounds a week while still eating generously!
  • Hello bleujean! It would be great to have exercise buddies! What do you plan to use for exercise? I'll be using Brazil Butt Lift I think, or Zumba...I have SOOO many workout programs at home lol. I'll figure it out once I see how much my energy changes and how much I can expend on exercise. :-)

So have you done this program before? What made the weight come back?
  • Recipes
    Has anyone joined over on the Provida forums site? They have a whole area dedicated to recipes, and some of these I have to say sound like I won't miss "regular" meals ever again!!! I feel that being ready with a variety of recipes is crucial because I've read where so many people give up because they get bored with food choices. As well as they don't put in the effort to plan their meals out for what they can eat.

All I have to say is: I'm ready!!! I just need that kit to hurry up :-)
  • It shipped!!
    I got my confirmation email that my program was shipped out today!!! *shriek* I'm so excited!!! I printed out my recipes today that I found from their forums (all 35 pages!) and I'm going tonight to pick up some of those clear binder fillers that have the 3-ring holes on them so I don't have to hole punch the papers. I'm SO ready!

How is everyone else doing?
  • I just watched the infomercial, I must admit, it def caught my attention! I did WW and the results were pretty great! I am soooooo tempted to order it. What do I really have to lose? I get the money back if I don't like it right?
  • Hey chutchens! Yea their infomercial is pretty amazing lol. I always get excited hearing the success stories....I'm such a dork. *shrug* But yes, they have a 6 week money back guarantee which is something that sold me on it, as well as all of the success stories not only on their infomercial, but online as well. I couldn't find ONE place where someone failed on this way of eating when they did it right. Most people gave up because they were bored with the food or just couldn't keep focused on it. If you do it right, I'm sure you will lose your weight.

I already have tons of recipes I've found on the Provida site to make sure I don't fall off due to food choices or lack there-of. Plus I ordered the Makeover America cookbook that has a bunch of 6WBMO recipes in it with my kit. I'm not going to fail on this! :-) The recipes will buy me time to come up with my own variations that are plan friendly. I'm excited! My kit should be here today or tomorrow hopefully.
  • I bought the 6 Week Body Makeover 5 years ago as did my GF who was a size 8 and wanting to be her pre-pregnancy size 6. I was a size 24W at the time. My other GF was older than me and she was a 14 wanting to be a size 10. The food plan stresses low fat/low sodium and no sugar, much like most diet plans that are on the market today. His "spin" is that he was once a body builder and you will see elements of a body builder's food plan incorporated in this. If you don't know what that means; it means lean protein with low carbs and lots of vegetables with little fruit and barely any fats or sodium.

The book and all the information is very well researched and seems to be "sound". He presents a good case in other words. However, I found that the food plan was too strict for me and I just couldn't stick with it. My thin GF thought the same.

Also, often times when you reduce too much fat in your food plan, you get stalled on weight lose. So, long story short. All of us abandoned it. I lasted the longest of the three of us. 6 weeks. I think I lost 15 lbs during that time. Considering my heavier weight, I would have lost more doing what I am doing now: Biggest Loser food and exercise plan. If you have a lot to lose essentially you just repeat the 6 weeks over and over until you have lost all that you want to lose. I was hungry the entire time and irritable as a result. My older GF lasted 5 days. My thinnest GF lasted less than 2 days. She was not willing to eat oatmeal for her body type; whereas I absolutely love oatmeal and it wasn't "allowed" for my body type!

However, I have returned to this as a good reference book especially for the spot exercises for different parts of the body; which is still considered "controversial" by some but which I do believe works. I am doing the exercises right now as part of my overall fitness plan.

I did not post this to discourage or dissuade any of you. I just wanted to tell you mine and some friends' experiences. You can judge for yourself. GL in your weight lose journey.

Pam
  • Thank you!
    Hello Pam, thank you so much for your honest input. I've read a lot that some people have trouble sticking to it for the very reasons you mentioned. I am really hoping that I can make it work out. I'm definitely gonna give it all I have!

How do you like the Biggest Loser plan? I looked at that a long time ago but never put uch thought into it...
  • Hi Everyone,

I have just been checking out the website as I saw the infomercial.
    Want to drop about 50 pounds.... that has crept on after having two kids! agh... Ive tried many different diets but have had trouble losing weight... I have thyriod issues and have had them for about 20 years.... agh

anyways am thinking about ording this program - I think I'll give it a try!
    MsModelSara - have you received your plan yet?
  • I am starting the 6wbm. I am a body type a. I am so glad that you started this thread as I have been looking for "real" people for support!
  • Hi Gmathew,

I ordered my kit yesterday - so not sure when it will arrive. From the online test I did I think I am a B.

When are you starting your program?
  • Hey there guys! I officially started today. I'm a "B". I was hungry all day except for 30 minutes right after I ate. -_-, and I have a headache probably from lack of salt. I'm going to add more veggies to meals tomorrow where appropriate and try really hard to drink more water to fill me up more.

I tried drinking cucumber water with lemon...it sounded refreshing, but I didn't like it at all so I took out the lemon and half the cucumber slices and changed the water. Even with 2 small slices of cucumber, I didn't like it. blech! I think I'll stick to plain ice water or a small slice of lemon alone.