General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Default Full Liquid Protein Plan

Happy Holiday Weekend!

I gained 50 pounds over the last year being on Prozac and simultaneously going off of Phentermine (on this stimulant on and off for ten years). Also, I have hypothyroidism and am on new meds as of a few days ago--Armour Medication instead of Synthroid.

While my weight has stabilized albeit 50 pounds above my weight of 125 pounds 18 months ago, I am finding it very difficult to lose weight. I have always had weight issues, i.e., 100 pounds in First Grade! By the way, I have only been able to maintain a "normal" weight while taking a stimulant, either phentermine or ephedra. These changed my personality and I'm determined to do this without the use of any stimulants.

I am starting a liquid diet of 5 AdvantEdge EAS Shakes in Rich Dark Chocolate (110 each) or 550 calories per day. These shakes provide all of the nutrients and protein and taste delicious--not too sweet and great consistency. Much better than the EAS Myoplex Carb Control Shakes. After losing the weight, I'll ease into a low-carb way of life.

I would love to find other people that are following a similar plan or people that have been successful losing weight on a full liquid diet and transitioning to a long-term maintenance plan.

Please write if you've had any experience with full liquid plans.

Great to hear of all of the success stories on this site--very motivating!
J
jdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hi,

While i dont know of those on a complete liquid plan except those on medifast or optifast..I do know that those of us in Ideal Protein do drink about 4 supplement drinks a day and then do one regular meal a day with 4 cups of veggies and 8 oz of protein..A lot of people have had much success and are using alternatives to the actual protocol such as EAS ..you might want to head over to the boards and take a look
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Before you start, consider this...some of those drinks (EAS was one of those) were found to have high levels of toxic chemicals like aresnic and cadmium. I use PureProtein drinks when I need a high protein shake.

http://www.healthspanblog.com/?p=310
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3

Thanks to both of you.

I will definitely look into the ingredients in EAS.

Happy 4th!
J
jdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote