General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #1  

Default Hungry!

Since I started my new diet.. I have been on this basic calorie plan.
breakfast : 200
lunch : 300
snack:100
dinner:300
Though this has only been 1100 calories, I have not felt deprived, bc I have been constantly eating..
BUT today, I got really hungry. and ate my normal snacks plus extra yogurt and some mixed nuts.. I shouldnt be overanalyzing this, but I am already at 1000 before dinner today. .. This is ok.. This only means I will be at 1400 at the end of the day..
Maybe this is a good thing, if my body tells me I need to eat, then I should just do it, because its about being healthy and not starving myself.
Anyone else go through the same thing? If so, what do you do? wait till the next meal time, or eat ?
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I had a similar experience on Sunday. Got a food headache, true hunger pangs, etc. So I ate. I stayed healthy and chose something high in protein but that also had some carbs to quiet the immediate hunger. And it worked. True, I was over my usual limit by two or three hundred calories, but I stand by my decision. It was what my body needed.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I'm on that calorie plan, but look at my height and weight. I'm also very inactive due to disability. There aren't many people around for whom it's sensible to eat so little, so do you mind my asking how tall you are and how much you weigh?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I dunno, Esofia. I'm taller and heavier than you are, but average 875 calories a day and do quite well on it, losing steadily, even though I do a minimum of 30 minutes of hard exercise a day. Sunday was the only time I had a problem. So I think every body is different, everybody's metabolism is different. I wouldn't knock the OP for her plan (not saying you are) unless hunger or energy became a recurring problem.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I think everyone should eat when they are hungry...period. Hunger is NOT bad. It's simply our body's way of asking for nutrients to ensure it's survival. That said, reach for nutrient dense foods and enjoy! Summer is almost here and as such, there are a wide variety of satiating fruits, veggies, and nuts to meet our body's requirements.

As woman, we also have fluctuating hormones so our daily calorie requirements change. Ergo eat when hungry, not because you feel you "should" eat. Just my take. All the best!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #6  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

When I'm hungry--real hunger pangs--I eat. I figure my body is trying to tell me something. It only takes a little bit of protein/fat or protein/carb for me to quiet my tummy.

At the beginning of my weight loss journey, I ate 1200-1300 calories a day, every day. I ate relatively high protein to keep myself full and to try to prevent muscle loss. I was almost never actually hungry and usually ate 3 meals a day with no snacks.

After a few months of that, it was like a switch flipped. I was hungry often, 1200-1300 calories wasn't doing it for me, and the time between my 3 meals a day seemed like an eternity. So eventually I gravitated toward more calories (usually 1500-1600 a day now--I do exercise pretty intensely) and more meals (5-7 small meals/snacks a day). So my advice is to listen to your body & figure out what works for you, and to know that what works for you at first may not be the only way to go for you. Be flexible!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #7  

I am 5'5 and weigh 160..and I am pretty active.
Overall, I am glad I ate yesterday. I went to work last night and ate half of a grilled childen sandwich, ( about 250 calories ) and ended up with under 1200 for the day.
I think-- this is what kills my diet every time. NOT giving in, and staying hungry. Eventually, I may add more calories, but I am going to do what my body says.. not to exceed 1500 calories a day of course lol.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I've tried the small snacks and small meals throughout the day thing and it kept me constantly unsatisfied and hungry. I do much better with a 200-300 breakfast, 400-500 lunch, and 400-600 dinner. That way I eat bit meals, with lots of protein and fiber. I'm on about 1200-1300 a day, exercise pretty hard for 1 hour every morning, and am never hungry.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #9  
GettingFit4Life.

S/C/G: alot/150

Height: 5'5

Just eat when your body tells you to, ash...
and be sure to research nutrition. for instance, 1400 is a good number.... as long as youre comsuming the good calories...complex carbs and proteins at each meal and burning off a significant amount as well. Just make sure youre not taking in dead calories, i.e. simple carbs)... can u tell ive been reading alot?? haha.. call me chica~! imy!
KrazyBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote