3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Anyone want to start a 30 day challenge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/234860-anyone-want-start-30-day-challenge.html)

jillnicole03 06-05-2011 12:41 AM

Anyone want to start a 30 day challenge?

Hey everyone... just wanted to see if anyone would like to start a new self challenge, whatever personal challenge for yourself is fine, and we can check back in here for team support? :hug:

My personal challenge is to stick to the McDougall MWL Diet (book) for 30 days at least 98% of the time :cheer2:

Sakai 06-05-2011 12:46 AM

I'm in.
My goal is sticking to my work out schedule of three times a week or more. @.@ I use to be so active...I can't believe how hard it is to get back into it.

jillnicole03 06-05-2011 12:52 AM

Sakai-- Great!! I definitely need to start working out!! I love walking but live in a ghetto area now so I don't leave my house lol I need to start my Turbo Jam videos or something! :)

Michigan Jen 06-05-2011 12:55 AM

I'd love to! I want to lose at least 10 pounds. I've been trying the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred... I can get about half way in before I feel like dying. I also want to eat healthier.

Side note, Sakai... LOVE your avatar... I'm obsessed with penguins, lol.

aussienerd 06-05-2011 01:00 AM

Im in!!!!
My challenge is to eat more fruit/veggies and less junkk food also to exercise more gotta keep training for half a Marathon at the end of August :p:carrot:

jillnicole03 06-05-2011 01:03 AM

Brown-- Love your avatar picture! Super cute! You can do it!!
I'm doing the McDougall diet and it is a whole foods, natural foods diet :)

Michigan Jen-- My friend is doing that video also, she loves it & it gets her burning for sure!
Great job! I need to start doing my turbo Jam again, I tried it the other day and was dying at 5 mins
lol WOW!

Aussienerd: Great! My diet is just certain whole grains, fruit, veggies, poatatoes and legumes basically... so I def going to start eating lots more veggies & fruits also! Had some cantaloupe and pineapple today :) Yum!

& WELCOME LADIES, glad to have you as much support for each other as possible! :df:

What does everyone think about a Friday weigh in each week?

Michigan Jen 06-05-2011 07:48 PM

I was very bad today. I had a friend come over and we made veggie nachos... which wasn't TOO bad... but I dunno, after she left I looked in the fridge and the really good hot dogs were calling me... so I had two. Bah. And a salad. I'm so baaaad. I hate myself. My self control is zero.

Anyway, I plan on doing as much 30 day shred tonight as I can. I have a good soreness in my legs from yesterday... I kinda like it because it makes me feel like I actually did something.

Hope you all had a great Sunday! <3

Michigan Jen 06-05-2011 07:49 PM

I love a Friday weigh in! I'm in for that!

jillnicole03 06-05-2011 08:24 PM

Michigan Jen-- Sorry you had a 'bad' day :) Do you like the turkey hot dogs? Those are much better nutritionally, maybe trading them out would help you not to feel bad when you eat them?

I started a blog today, I did one before and it helped me stick to plan:
http://jillnicole03.jigsy.com/

Sakai 06-05-2011 11:18 PM

Veggie hot dogs!
I tried the veggie hot dogs (I think they were vegan even) And guess what....it tatested like a hot dog @.@ Kinda makes you wonder what they put in the meat ones. So I don't think we'll be buying anything other than the veggie hot dogs when we want a treat like that.
This past year and half I've been working on becoming a vegitarian. I've tried more new things this past 16 months than I have in a long time. Though I still eat meat, it's nowhere near the amount as before. I'm also wanting to stick to a whole food diet...but baby steps.
I exercised today! so I'm off to a good start.

sacal96 06-05-2011 11:30 PM

I'd love to join! My goal is to get on the elliptical at least once a day every day! And to limit myself to 2 diet cokes a day (with breakfast and dinner) and the rest of the time drink water!

sheramama 06-05-2011 11:37 PM

I want to join 2! My goal for the month is to exercise 4x a week for 30 min, to stay on my points, and to lose 15lbs. Oh yeah and to keep night eating/binging to a min.

Nice to meet u all.

jillnicole03 06-06-2011 12:22 AM

Sakai-- great job! Yeah eating less animal products really can help on a diet and with health :)

Sacal96-- Glad to have you! One thing that helps me drink more water is drinking 2 32ounce waterbottles a day, instead of 4 16ounce bottles... lol its funny but it really helps, and whenever I want something yummy to drink I have a Crystal Light.

Sheramama-- Sounds good! :wave: I want to lose 15lbs too! Hopefully we will reach that goal together!! :)

chubbchum 06-06-2011 08:52 AM

Hope it's not too late, but I think it'd be fantastic to join as well.

I'd like to make sure I go to the gym 4x a week, and don't break my healthy eating. It's simplistic, but in light of my recent habits it should make a biiig difference.

jillnicole03 06-06-2011 02:26 PM

Chubbchum-- Never to late to join in :) Simple habits are the easiest to keep so that sounds great! And gym 4x a week is awesome!! :cheer2: