3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   How does this plan sound to you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/233660-how-does-plan-sound-you.html)

Moonlightlove 05-19-2011 04:25 PM

How does this plan sound to you?

Okay so my goal is to lose weight this summer (because I'm doing a summer make over thingy =P).

This is my diet plan for a month to see how things go.

Breakfast: Protein Banana shake OR a Slim Fast shake
Snack: Either fruit, cheese, yogurt, or almonds.
Lunch: Either chicken breast with a salad, veggie burger with rice, chicken breast with rice, chicken breast sandwich, veggie sandwich, or a turkey sandwich with maybe a yogurt or another piece of fruit on the site.
Snack: Either fruit, cheese, yogurt, or almonds.
Dinner: Any Lean Cuisine dinner with a side of steamed veggies and a very small sweet item for dessert.

Opinions please? Thanks :)

Razorbackbritt 05-19-2011 04:36 PM

Instead of a lean cuisine could you make your own meal of whole, fresh foods. Lean cuisines are so high in sodium and preservatives....each meal containing a protein, veggie and whole grain?

I would also say that your snacks could also be fruit...fruit is a great snack with its natural sugars giving you energy.

CanadianCutie 05-19-2011 04:42 PM

My first thought is not enough veggies. Also make sure you're getting enough variety in your foods.

Jen516 05-19-2011 04:49 PM

^^^ agreed! More veggies - they fill you up with little calories. Try chicken with 2 different veggies instead of rice. And I almost never waste calories on bread anymore... It's just not filling/lasting enough for me. Occasionally I eat it, but not daily.

Ferumbras 05-19-2011 04:50 PM

I'd recommend making sure the rice you have is brown rice, not white. And watch the calories in your drinks! No pop, etc. Love your water!

luckymommy 05-19-2011 05:56 PM

Sounds good to me, but the question is...how much of everything? You could eat all of that and have a whole bunch of calories if you eat unlimited amounts of rice, almonds, cheese, etc. For example, I usually count out my almonds before I eat them and I know exactly how many I can have that day. It may sound obsessive, but I think it's important to keep track of calories or points or whatever...at least in the beginning, just so you can see what portions should look like. Also, I would switch the rice for a baked yam...they're delicious, full of great vitamins and very filling. Just a thought. ;)

canadianwoman 05-20-2011 11:21 AM

For your snacks you could have the fruit, the almonds AND a veggie. Just keep the portions small. An example would be a small peach, 10 to 15 almonds and a carrot (either cooked or raw).

indiblue 05-20-2011 11:32 AM

Personally, I would not be able to go a month with so few options for each meal. I crave variety and would probably go way off-plan if this was all I was allowed to eat for a month. I'd do much better with general rules (i.e. X many grams of protein a day, no white bread, etc) rather than specific items I'm allowed to eat. However, if you don't think this will be a problem for you, then that's fine. Nutritionally, I echo what others have said. Good luck!

Moonlightlove 05-24-2011 01:42 PM

:) Thank you ladies! I see that this plan needs a little revision!