Suddenly Hungry

• Why have I suddenly been hungry ALL day for the past week.
    I just started dieting but haven't gotten super strict(I had chipotle about a hour ago and am now starving again) and I've been exercising a little.
    But I am SO dang hungry I am wondering if it is gonna interfere with weight loss(it's not bored hungry, it's hungry hungy-tummy growling and rumbling...)
    What gives?! any ideas to help?
  • Could you be thirsty? Sometimes, hunger and thirst feel very similar. Also, how about eating some cut up veggies? I like to dip mine into calorie free dressing like from Walden Farms. I've also read that exercise can stimulate appetite which is true for some people. I hope you figure it out. Best of luck!
  • Good advice from Luckymommy... drink water and eat snacks with low calorie counts, but high filling -- like veggies! As for the hunger... it took me a long time to realize that what I thought was "hungry" was just being "not full". I'd been stuffed with food for so long, I didn't recognize the feeling of just being... empty, i guess. I did eventually adjust and now I feel ick when I eat too much. I actually like waking up feeling empty and ready for breakfast. Give yourself time to adjust to new portion sizes! If it truly truly is real hunger, make sure you're eating nutritional food that will fill you up. Lots of veggies, whole grains and protein. And eat a couple of small 100-150 calorie snack in the day. It doesn't take much food to get rid of the "hungry" feeling.