General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #16  

ebe/MrsJim,

Thanks for your replies. I have been thinking about it and I've decided not to join JC. I've heard reports from other people too, icky food, expensive etc. I just thought maybe having a little more structure would help. I'm sure there are other ways, so...

ebe, I agree with you, I don't like frozen foods either I also have a family to feed and I think it would be difficult to either eat something different from them, or try and find recipes that they will like too (although my hubby could stand to lose a few )

MrsJim, I have checked out some of your other postings and I must say you offer some good advice, and are a great motivator! I think I will dig out my BFL book and give it another go.

I posted a thread for a buddy, I think having one to share the ups and downs with would be a good idea. I've decided that I'm going to take pages from both Larry North and BFL. I like the LN eating plan (I still have my journal) and the BFL workouts! I'll be seeing you on the boards! Thanks again!

Sharon B.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #17  

I just joined JC 4 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. I've been losing over 2 pounds a week. I like the food. I get 1500 calories a day (3 meals plus 3 snacks). You supply your own fresh fruits and veggies, skim milk, and fat free yogurt. It is so simple and easy. I did Weight Watchers for a long time and that is a great program also. The two programs are actually quite similar in my opinion, in terms of what you learn about nutrition and portion sizes. JC is more expensive, you get one on one counseling and your menus are all planned out and prepared. WW is very affordable, you go to group meetings and plan and cook your own food. It's a matter of personal preference. On JC I purchased a "platinum membership" which means that I paid $299 up front. But once I get to goal, I will continue to do their maintenance program for 1 year, and at the end of that year I get a 50% refund if I am still at my goal weight. Since my main problem is always motivation, I figured that this platinum plan would give me the incentive and commitment to stick with it, get to goal, and then maintain for at least a year.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:07 AM   #18  

Hi, I'm someone else who used to eat an entire package of Skinny Cows...."oh, they're just 2 points each, what's another 2 points".....I have been on JC for 4 weeks (today will be my 4th weigh in, I'm expecting another couple of pounds gone). WW has worked great for me in the past (I'm a Lifetime member who got to goal and stayed there for 2 years) but lately I just need more structure and one on one support. I'm excited about the results I am getting on JC.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #19  

JC is expensive but the food is really good in my opinion. If you like frozen meals such as Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones, you will like JC. However, if you are someone who loves to cook, you won't like JC. (I HATE to cook). I am having success on JC, have not been hungry, and enjoy the fact that you get 3 meals plus 3 snacks. Go for it!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #20  

I started Jenny Craig about 4 weeks ago. I really like it! I can't believe I actually lost weight over the holidays, despite a few splurges here and there. I feel like I am learning about correct portions sizes and to be satisfied with less food.
Closed Thread