General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #31  

Heard from the vet this morning. The cat has advanced kidney failure. They were surprised he was still alive. He is too old to justify spending over $1000 to treat him, so we are letting nature take its course. He is not in pain...just tired and maybe nauseated.

So, I am kind of down today.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Howdy ya'll. I have been busy picking and cleaning veggies still. I just love this time of the year. I made some very pungent mustard greens today. Both the boys cover their noses when they walk in the kitchen. LOL They were both like, what is that horrible smell. The greens taste GREAT!

Stayed the same this week. I'm still working out and have added some strength training. I'm hoping to get my eating lined back out and lose seven more pounds. If I don't it will be okay but I really would like to.

Oh Ellen, I am so sorry about your kitty.

Mercee..contrats on losing two more pounds...woo hoo!

Solly...So sorry you are feeling poorly.

Toni..You are doing so good. Since you stayed the same this week I bet you have a big loss next week.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, just feel goo enough to get on yesterday. I have no energy and just feel horrible. I just don't know if it is the vertigo or something else but it has been over 3 weeks so I think it is the vertigo. Got th enews from my MRI last week and it was not good. The plate is not holding and I have another herniated disc and the area they cleaned out is closed up again. He said I would need rods and screws to help. I told him I was waiting until after summer as I had vacations, etc planned and I may get another opinion. My pain dr (who is a friend) wants me to go to Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic. I just don't know what to do but the leg pain is so bad.

Ellen,s orry to hear about your cat. I sure hope he doesn't suffer. I know how hard that is. My SIL opened their pool yesterday but it is so cold. Guess they will use the solar cover for awhile.

Toni, This is a new week and you will do better. I gained 12 lbs in a month and lost 8 so far today. I am sorry to report my eating has not been on plan. Not too bad just not on plan. I just don't feel like eating.

Mercee, glad you had a nice Mother's day. Hat Sunday sounds like so much fun. I love hats but look goofy in them. Both my girls look adorable in them. It is a good feeling to know you did not gain wt during the winter. Gives you a little boost.

Crystle, I love kale greens, are they the same as mustard greens? I know they smell horrible but taste good. My mom always cooked here in bacon grease. Guess that is what made them so good. Do you really need to lose 7 more lbs? Will that be alright for your frame?

Beth, thinking of you. Hope you are having a ok day.

Got to run, DH is on his way home for lunch and I am still in my pj's. Guess I will sit in the sun and read my book. I have read 9 books since I have gotten my Kindle. I love it. Have a great day
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #34  

Cat is very lethargic and I do not know how he managed, but he went down the deck steps and is laying like a meatloaf on the concrete patio. I am guessing the cool concrete feels better than the wood deck. I hope he does not linger. I tried to give him water, you can tell he is thirsty, but he will not drink. I even put it in a very low saucer and he still won't.

I slept all night on my left side and now my left ear is stopped up. Its driving me crazy. Sometimes when this happens, it spontaneously clears up in an hour or so, but it is not doing so today.

SOLLY: I am so sorry things are not improving for you and now the disc problems need to be addressed again. ((hugs)) Praying for you...wish I could do more.

COUNTRY: I am still waiting on my Indian Eggplant to come up....getting worried! The gungura (a type of spinach) and okra is up...and the tomatoes are growing. Tom just planted the bean and basil....still have to plant the bottle gourd and cukes. He is so overwhelmed, I am not holding my breath!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #35  

Another warm day today. Green beans are starting to come up. Lots of blooms on the tomatoes. Slept good last night and just had a yogurt with some flax seed in it. Need to have a fruit.

Solly- Girl I can't imagine what a bad time you are having. I wish they would sure find out whats wrong with you. You have my love, thoughts, and prayers. Yea on losing the 8 lbs.

Ellen- So sorry your cat is not doing good. Having a dear pet for 18 years is a long time. They become such a part of the family and your life.

Crystle- Yea for you picking in the garden. I've never had mustard greens. Wonder if I would like them?

Mercee- Hope you're having a good day.

Off to drink my green tea then get busy.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #36  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Hello...

Good Afternoon everyone!

Well... I managed to get my bootie back to DanceTrance Monday, but I haven't been back since because honestly Tuesday I couldn't walk and didn't want to overdo it, yesterday my oldest had a doctor's appointment and today I have my Bereaved Parents group at the same time... BUT - after group I'm gonna hit up the gym and do a little elliptical! I even packed my gym clothes with me.

And :::drumroll::: today I have been OP ALL DAY! It's the FIRST day since Drew's funeral that I can say that on a day that I've actually eaten...LOL! Of course dinner has yet to be determined but I WILL STAY OP DARNIT!

Ellen - I'm so sorry about your cat. I have a 15 year old Min Pin who is not doing well. We always joked about him being our "middle child" because we got him before Drew was born and now I sit and think about the fact that my dog lived a longer life than my child. It's so sad... and I honestly don't know how I'll react when he goes. I guess for me it will be kind of bittersweet since I know he will be a young pup and keeping Drew company

Solly - so sorry about your disc problems! I hope you get better soon!!!

Crystle - I'm SO envious of your "veggie tales" LOL! I wish I had a green thumb and the space to grow some veggies!

Mercee - Congrats on the 2lbs! I found them, so if you want them back just let me know

Toni - I hope you see a huge loss on the scale this week!!! I'm hoping for one myself!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm just -okay- this week. Nothing fabulous... but holding it together. My oldest son got his 11 staples out from his ankle surgery but still no weight bearing for 2 weeks. I'm just ready for some PEACE in my world!!!

I don't get on from home because all I have is my cell phone right now and I can't get on the boards, that's why you only hear from me on work days during work hours ... but I'm not disappearing again, Promise!

Talk to you all soon!

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #37  

Beth- Good going girl and getting started again. Hope we both have a good week next week. Its great you're back.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #38  

Guess everyone is busy today. Went to the little grocery store in town and got me some bell pepper plants and jalapeno plants and one basil plant. I hope to grow them all in pots on the porch. I just hope to make jalapeno jelly this year. And I love bell peppers. Hope to get them planted soon. Eating has been okay. We're going to grill steaks tonight. Hope you all have a good week end.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #39  

I just got in from picking strawberries with my daughters and grandkids. We had a good time and I got two gallons of strawberries. They sure are yummy!

I came home to find my cat died while I was gone. When Tom gets home we will bury him in his favorite sleeping spot in the back yard. Then I hope I can talk Tom into going out to dinner. I just don't feel like cooking.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #40  

Awww Ellen I'm so sorry. Thats so awfully sad. Hugs to you.....
Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #41  

Morning! I weighed over the weekend to monitor the weight since one of my 'bad' meds was increased. Yep, yesterday morning I had gained four pounds already. Not sure what I will do. The med is not helping my blood sugar levels all that much either.....

We had a somewhat busy weekend. There was a Mother/Daughter luncheon at church and both my daughters came, and my granddaughter. Unfortunately, the granddaughter had spent the night with her cousin-my grandson- because they did not want to be separated. They did not sleep well, and she was tired and crabby. Her tired and crabby is really not too bad, but her mom is so used to her being a little angel she was embarrassed and decided we had to leave after lunch before the speaker. I hear she was great, but oh well. They left soon after we got back. Sunday we had friends surprise us and visit our new church. We all went out to lunch together afterwards. It was great to see them and catch up.
I woke up this morning pretty early. I did not sleep so well...and at one point my cpap mask was leaking and I just got frustrated with it and took it off. So, I went down stairs and roasted coffee and made espresso for Tom and I...just as he was waking up. I am trying to decide now if I want to go to the early class of water aerobics, or wait until 10. I am leaning towards 10. They are closed next week to prepare for summer, then there is only an 8am class. I won't make that one much...there are often 50 people in it, which makes the pool very crowded! (regularly we have 15-20)

Still missing my little orange fuzz muffin. The other cat, the orange crack head, seems to miss him too.

Be back later!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #42  

Good morning. A beautiful sunny cool day out. Need to do some laundry and cleaning today. I was going to put a roast in the crockpot for burritos but forgot when I got up. So will have to do it tomorrow. Eating was fine over the week end but had to much wine.

Ellen- Sounds like you had a nice week end. That is just crazy about the meds making you gain weight. It would be so frustrating. Hope you enjoy water aerobics. 50 people in the pool is nuts LOL.... A regular traffic jam.

Back to finishing up my coffee and then cooking breakfast. Think I'll have oatmeal.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #43  

Went to the 10 class....she really worked us hard. I am exhausted! Had a lunch of an Amy's tamale frozen lunch. It was pretty good. Now I am trying to organize myself. I am cooking for the senior adults at church this Wednesday, and I like to 'get my ducks in a row' early! Menu is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans, with strawberry trifle for dessert.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I had a fun weekend with my hubby. He spoiled me Saturday and bought me two new pairs of britches (size 4). I am not a true 4 but it stills encourages me to keep working on firming up. Gotta love that vanity sizing.

Ellen..I am so sorry about your precious kitty. That stinks about your medicine. Will it eventually settle out and allow you to get back to your weight loss? WTG making it to WA.

Beth...it is SO good to see you. WTG on being OP! One day one moment at a time. Trust me, this weekend I ate like snorker. There is something about weekends that gets a hold of me. Awesome on making it to your dance class.

Toni...Burritos sound good. Wish I lived closer I could just sneak over for a bite. I'd bring over some squash and we could have some iced tea or hot if you prefer.

Solly...hope you are having a better week this week.

Mercee...howdy. The way you keep losing you must be getting close to goal.

I have some chores I need to get done so I guess I'd better get.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hi ladies, I have my GS today. Yesterday I cl2eaned all day. Then DH cut grass and I helped him blow it off. today I am sore and my back hurts. I am feeling better. At least I am not sick so far. It is so cold here. Only mid 50's and very cloudy. I am so ready for hot weathe
Ellen, so sorry about your poor cat. But he did not suffer long. I hate that your BS is high again. I doubt that the 4 lbs is wt gain.

Toni, That wine sure is trouble isn't it? We are having chicken pot pie.

Crystle, a size 4? that is awesome. You should be so proud. Hubby is so sweet to,

Beth, glad to see you are doing ok. WTG making it to the dance class. Take one day at a time.

Mercee,

I am typing fast as my GS wants on the computer and he pushes all kinds of buttons. Have a great day. May not be on tomorrow as I have bunco at my house and I have cooking to do,
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote