General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #16  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Blah...

Blew it last night. Ate peanut butter on white bread for dinner, followed by some potato chips and a handful of cheez-it's for dessert. YUCK.

I know that if I would actually EAT my meals it would help keep me from going all day without eating and then gorging at night. Maybe it's just subconscious stress from being in the house and nothing to think about but Drew? I don't know. I say that a lot lately - "I don't know"... it seems to just describe my mental state about life in general most of the time.

Anyway... I did have a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit this morning. Not the best choice but since I haven't cleaned out the fridge from 6 days without power it was what was handy and I have work till 5 and then my Support Group for Parents who have lost children from 5:30 to 7:30 so I didn't want to go all day on an empty stomach and end up making things worse later.

I did walk a little yesterday. Nothing major but put my feet on the ground for a bit which is better than nothing!

Every day is a new beginning I guess...

Hope you're all doing well... check in again soon

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

WTG Ellen..three pounds is GREAT! I haven't had the brown bastmati but I do enjoy the white. I've found I need to use a little less water than other white rices to get the texture we prefer. It tends to get to soft.

Beth..At least the peanut butter was protein. Way to go getting in a little walk. A little is more than none.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #18  

Good afternoon. Just had a really late breakfast. I just can't get going in the morning. Lots to do today. Starting with dishes. Its beautiful and sunny out today, hope it stays that way. I'm also struggling with Mothers Day. I can't believe its been 3 months since I lost Teddy.

Beth- Its so good to see you back. Its so hard to get started again after you've been off eating right. My prayers and love are with you still...

Ellen- wow three lbs. is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Crystle- Sounds like you've been busy in the garden. A little slip up isn't bad... Just hop right on back eating right.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #19  

I switched cpap masks two nights ago and have slept MUCH better for two nights in a row. Nice! I am dressed and planning on heading out to walk in a minute. Would it look funny if I walked with a cup of espresso?

I spent a good bit of time last night planning menus. I am very proud of myself for doing that. I hate when I waste stuff...and I cleaned out the produce drawer in the fridge last night and was very convicted of my waste. There was a LOT of produce that went bad. If I stick to my planned menu, there should not be much waste. AND, I can use up canned goods, and other ingredients and whittle down the stuff in the cabinets. I think I am addicted to grocery shopping. And when I see an interesting new product, I buy it. Often with no firm plan of how to use it. I am determined not to let the marketing people win here.

It sure is chilly this morning! Its kind of nice, but unusual for early May! At this rate, we will never get the pool open!

I hope everyone has a great day...and a wonderful weekend. My daughter and grandson are coming Sunday for dinner. Her husband has to work, so it will be nice to hang out together. My other daughter has to work, so she will not be able to join us. Still plotting what I am going to make Tom fix for us!

Be back later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #20  

Its been a beautiful sunny day. I haven't got much done. But enjoyed the weather anyway. We get that stinkin' rain back tonight. I'll be praying for it in July and August. Eating has been good. Banana and a yogurt for breakfast and a big salmon salad for lunch. I'll have a chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower for dinner. I got a beautiful vase of 2 dozen roses from my step daughter yesterday for Mother's Day. I just love them.

Ellen- I've never made my menu's ahead of time but what a good idea. Then grocery shop and get what you need. Less waste and you know what you're having each night ahead of time. Sounds like you have a wonderful Sunday planned. Enjoy....
Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #21  

TONI: And even if you don't stick to the menu exactly, you at least know you have the stuff for fourteen meals...and can switch it. I did tonight. I felt more like fixing tilapia than tacos so I did! I have a form I made on the computer that I print out. When I use a meal, I put an x on it so I know its no longer available. Works nicely!

I walked this morning, then walked and walked and walked around stores we shopped at. Had Japanese for lunch...teriyaki chicken, a California roll, ginger salad and miso soup. So yummy! I picked at the fried rice...had eggs in it so I did not eat much.

I picked out a cute little organizer/purse on a long strap to carry instead of my huge one I have given up carrying. I usually just carry my license and cards in my pocket. This little purse will allow me to carry my meds too so I will quit forgetting them! Tom wrapped it up to give to me on Mother's Day. No surprises for me!

Off to finish the grocery shopping....going to be helping at church tomorrow, so I won't be able to do it then.

Last edited by Ellen; 05-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #22  

Thunderstorms woke me up this morning. But it was such a good rain I went back to sleep. Getting ready to make a late breakfast. Think I'll make shish ka bobs for dinner tonight. Steve can grill them. Wonder if we're going to do anything tomorrow?

Ellen- The purse sounds cute. Thats neat Tom wrapped it. LOL... Sounds like you had a great walking day. Along with a yummy lunch.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day....
Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #23  

Couldn't believe my DH he woke me up for Mother's Day. We got dressed and drove out of town. I had no idea where we were going. Ended up at a Mexican Restarant for a lovely early lunch. Then on to the wine country where we tasted wine and visited serveral wineries. He bought me a couple of cute t shirts and some lovely bottles of wine. Came back through a town with a subway and got a couple of sandwiches so I wouldn't have to cook dinner. What a lovely day I had. He knew it would be hard for me to stay home so planned a wonderful day for us. Got home to a nice call from my youngest son and step daughter. I was tired and enjoyed the day. I'm so lucky Steve's so thoughtful. Now back to eating right. LOL..... Slept like a rock.

Sorry this was so long.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Toni, I had Subway yesterday also. It was SO good. They had fresh spinach for their veggies sandwiches...yum.

Ellen...yum Sounds so tasty.

((Everybody))

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #25  

Good morning everyone. Not much going on here. Getting hungry and need to go cook. Think I'll make egg burritos. Hope you all have a good day.

Crystle- I had the fresh spinach on mine too. Next time I won't have it toasted it dried my whole wheat roll out.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, Sorru I have been MIA. My dd'S computer has been in the shop all week. It seems very slow again. Hope she doesn't have to take it back.

Had another treatment this morning. I seem more dizzy today. She said it was in my center (not left or right) so if feels like I am on a slow roller coaster all day. I have to sleep sitting up for 2 days so guess I am in the chair tonight.

I was so sick all day yesterday. I could not get far from the bathroom. I had my GS all day too so he had to run to the bathroom all day with me. Today I am so weak. I have no energy. I am so tired of feeling like this.

Ellen, great job on the 3 lbs. Glad to see you got the pool open. My SIL hasnt yet. He has to stain his deck first.

Toni, love hearing your clothes are getting baggy. Isn't that a wonderful feeling? I am glad you made it through Mother' Day. I know it was hard but hopefully you had good memories to keep you company. I started over on the 17 DD yesterday. I had gained 12 lbs in a month of bad eating. Goes to show you what happen when you go haywire. I hope I have learned something here. I didn't eat much yesterday sice I felt bad but the choices were at least good ones.

Crystle, I don't think you need to worry about wt fluctuations at your wt. Just let it go. I would use a 5 lb gain for measure. Your garden sounds wonderful. My SIL said he was going to plant a garden when they build so I am excited about that.

Mercee, glad you are doing great. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Beth, You have been on my mind so much. Glad you are doing good on some days, I can't even imagine going thru what you have. Just take one day at a time and I step at a time. I hope you had a decent Mother's day if nothing else for Corey. I just read at the doctor's office this morning that a trainer told this girl not to look at exercise as a chore but as a prayer to God. Ask for His help and guidance and you will make it thru. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Getting tired just typing. My arms are so weak so I am going to sit down awhile. When DH gets home he is taking me to the store to get some lettuce for taco salads. Should be on here tomrrow.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #27  

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I am waiting for Tom to get home so we can get the cat in the carrier and take him to the vet. I am not hopeful...he won't eat, and has been VERY lethargic. He has hardly had any water either. I wanted Tom to go along in case they said there was nothing to do to help him, and we had to make a big decision. I would rather not do that alone, or have to bring him home, and then go back. You know?

Its 90 here today. Tom opened the pool on Sunday, so I could go get in the pool, except its REALLY cold still. I had a chiropractor appointment today...I feel pretty good now. Then I took a friend to lunch unexpectedly. Her birthday was Saturday...and we had to do it spur of the moment. They had some water damage and she is having to arrange things around contractor's coming to fix stuff. We went to my favorite Indian place. I am going there tomorrow too. (burb!) I LOVE it. Skipping dinner tonight for sure....

Off to find someway to cool off....

Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #28  

Ok, I did it. I got in the pool for about 10 minutes to cool off. It was really cold, but actually, I have been in it when it was colder...
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #29  

Hi Ladies:

Sorry I have been MIA. Happy Mother's Day to all of you. We had a great time at church for Mother's Day we had Hat Sunday. It was wonderful seeing all the different types of hats. I also had a great time with my hubby and family we had a nice dinner as well.

I am pleased I am down 2 lbs today. Finally. The one thing I am glad about is the fact that now the weight stays off and I didn't gain weigt in the winter and was able t continue losing during that time. Just not as much. I have been so sore lately, I use to use the weight machines and now I am starting to use the free weights. They are suppose to be better because you use you own weight to support yourself. LOL This is the first time in my LIFE I am enjoying working out and I am consistent. You ladies are a great support group.

Toni- It was hot here as well yesterday it was 88 degrees.

Solly- I hope you and your grandson are feeling better today. Did you watch Biggest Loser last night.

Toni- I had subway yesterday as well. I usually have it on Tuesday's. LOL

Crsytle- Your garden sounds great. I have a co-worker who does a big garden every year and I get to reap the benefits as we. She loads me down with all types of veggies.

Beth- Great to hear from you. We've missed you here.

Well I have to go now. Have a great day everyone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #30  

Hello everyone. Just had a breakfast burrito left from yesterday I made so I could eat it on plan. Stayed the same on the scale. After a rough week I was pleased with that. Hopefully this week will be lots better. Going to make chicken breasts for dinner.

Mercee- Woo Hoo 2 lbs. is great. Congratulations on the good loss. Glad you're having such a good work out time.

Ellen- Whats happened to Tom's cat? I hope you didn't have to put it down. Its hard to lose an animal.

Solly- Sorry you're having such a hard time with the darn dizziness. Hopefully today you're better. I'm sure you're going to do better with the weight. I'm sure struggling right now.

Guess I'll finish my green tea and then take my medicine. Have a good day....