First Time Diet - Advice Please! :)

• Hi all! I'm very happy to be joining this forum as part of my weight loss plan. Currently I'm a full time student and the school food has really been putting some pounds on me in the past few years. The weight gain has brought my self-esteem down quite a bit, and I'd really like to shed about 10 pounds if not more if I can. I'm not the type of person that likes to go outdoors running, as it makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't own an exercise machine. As of now, I weight 115 pounds which while it may not seem much, 115 pounds on a 4'10" frame looks rather disproportional. My goal is to lose these ten pounds in the course of a year, I'm in a long distance relationship and I'd really like to give my partner a surprise for when he sees me next. I would really appreciate any type of advice anyone may have to offer, as of now I'm not eating the school food, I'm avoiding it and eating more of Lean Cuisine, fruits (apples, grapes, etc.) and eating greek yogurt as often as I can (Chobani). I'm also planning on starting a Zumba routine at home, and probably some crunches to go along with that. Once again, I hope some of you will be willing to share some advice! Thanks!
  • You dont have to run, you can walk around campus or the track. Does your school have a gym? I bet you can use it. Does your school have a pool? Swimming is exercise.
  • I actually have started walking around the track, sometimes I can't though since I have piles of homework to do! I would use the pool, but sadly I never learned how to swim!