General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242 / 242 / 180

Height: 5' 2"

Default I have never dieted.

Hi all,
New to this site... thought I'd start out with my most pressing question, instead of an intro.

After so long, I am finally starting to ask myself why I allow myself to overeat and eat the wrong foods day in and day out. I've steadily gained weight since I married 13 years ago and am now topping my scale at 242 lbs. My logical mind *knows* what's good for me and *knows* what's bad for me... and yet I eat none of the good and all of the bad. I might feel gung-ho for a minute or so (maybe I'll get a salad), and then order a fried chicken sandwich and a milkshake anyway...

I *know* I'm fat and I *know* I need to lose weight for my health and for the sake of my child.

Being "chubby" and then "obese" for most of my life, one would think I'd been on every diet known to man (or woman)... and yet I haven't dieted once.

Was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and, if so, how did you kick start yourself???

Thanks
monkeylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/178/140

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I had never dieted but to be honest it is because I never had to. I come from skinny genes but apparently mine didn't stick. I slowly gained weight after highschool and then after I had my daughter I blew up and it has been 2 and a half years and I can't lose the weight and I am now considered obese. I cryed the first time I found out and still didn't do anything not really because I didn't want to but because I hated myself and just stopped trying. Now I have changed my dailey diet and started counting calories and watching how much I eat but mostly what I eat! My "kick start" was my health. I started getting bad migraines that would last days and they would drain my energy so bad I could barly get up to pee (tmi sorry) I was so tired all the time I was dizzy everytime I moved all because I was so unhealthy so I had to get it under controll. Don't wait until your sick because you might be to late by then. You could end up diabetic, with high cholesterol, with heart problems and more. Not to mention our life spans in general are greatly shortened when we are obese and I know I want to be here for my daughter as long as I can so I am sure you do as well.
Sonjae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC

If you like to eat and want a flexible plan that you can stick to for a long time (forever?) I suggest Weight Watchers. I think it has minimal impact on your social life and is also concentrating on healthy food. So you don't have to completely give up fried chicken or milkshakes. It is all about planning and moderation.
Works definitely for me!

You can do it!

Last edited by josey; 04-19-2011 at 10:11 AM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote