Craving Sweets!

• what do yall do when you get a craving for sweets? I dont have a very big sweet tooth but sometimes I really crave it. My big thing is chocolate milk lol but sometimes its ice cream or snack cakes. Any diet friendly favorites that actually taste good? lol
  • i recently found skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream pops...only 100 calories! Sooooo yummy and chocolately....almost too good to be true!
  • Some times a diet pop works for me. The carbonation helps me feel fuller too.
  • I go for organic fair trade 73% cacao dark chocolate. It kills the cravings, plus chocolate!
  • 1. I don't buy it. If I have to go out and make a special trip for something I know I shouldn't be eating then usually I get by without it. Because I know if I'm craving ice cream and buy a box of 6 bars at least 3 will be gone...

2. Try a piece of fruit. I always used to think that wouldn't work- FRUIT = ice cream?? No way!!! But sugar is sugar... a lot of times it does the trick.
  • The Skinny Cow chocolate truffle bars are great and I only eat one and feel full. I doubt you will eat the whole box at once. But I agree that fruit is a good alternative as long as it is really sweet. I find oranges do the trick for me. Easter is going to be tough with all the candy in the house. I like all the junk candy - peeps, jelly beans, etc.
  • I second what joyfulloser said. Skinny Cow fudge bars ROCK!!!
  • I don't eat anything with added sugar in it, except for the occasional "medicinal" dark chocolate (once a month, as needed). I don't use any kind of artificial sweeteners either. I don't really crave sweets, but occasionally, I will eat fruit. I have heard that if you eat one to three servings of fruit a day, you won't get cravings for sweets.

I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I'm going to start with strawberries...dipped in my medicinal chocolate!
  • oranges are good.. or mango!!! a really cold one from the fridge.. yummieeeee
  • i love fruit like oranges and green apples and ill definetly be getting some skinny cow ice creams. i started calorie counting today so food ideas are a big help.
  • I grab a Special K bar or something similar.
  • I'm enjoying Clementines for sweets. I also have those little chocolate calcium chews every day. But I agree - I really crave sugar - in my case real chocolate!
  • yeh sugar gets me big time. like going to walmart late at night i scope out the ice box cakes or cookie mix. i loooove oreos and chips ahoy and i cant get enough nesquik chocolate milk mix. giving up those things are gonna be hard