General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #1  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Default The Dukan Diet

Yeah, falling off the wagon sucks. I haven't gained but 3-4 pounds in these past few months, but still. Also, here's the thing: I hate diets. I hear all day they don't work, I'm a Sparkpeople member (which says all day they don't work) and tried so long to eat non-processed and healthy. Sadly, I went back to a job that prevents me from making the money I need to support eating so right but it should change soon enough. I got so depressed and desparate that I thought about biting the bullet and -buying- stability in the form of Medifast or another delivery system. I think that's something that would mess me up in the end, you know? Even if I eased off of it, I'd mess it up. When I get stressed, I eat. Yeah, one of -those- people. That's me. And it's hard to stop; it's visceral, impulsive and like being an addict. I don't have money for any sort of help and they do not offer it at the local clinic before you ask.

I weigh 289lbs. And I don't like the Medifast idea any longer. I am okay with finding a way to count calories again if needed. But this Dukan Diet shebang looks pretty...interesting? Starts off like the old Adkins diet but works in four phases. And they are reasonable, too. But, most are probably aware of how it works. If not. here:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/dukan-diet-review

It seems doable. I like meat; I like veggies. But uh...seems like a long time before you can reintroduce fruit! What the deuce?

Has anyone done this diet or researched it in depth? What are your thoughts? Is it crap or did it really cut some weight away?
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Did you read the second page of the article where they actually reviewed the diet? It didn't sound like something one would want to be on for a long period of time.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #3  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Did you read the second page of the article where they actually reviewed the diet? It didn't sound like something one would want to be on for a long period of time.

I did, indeed. I was still wondering what 3FCers thought of it.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote