General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'5"

I've been wanting to try a detox/cleanse as well.

My anectodal evidence of the benefit is this. Last January I had horrible stomach bug, the kind that cleans out your stomach and intestines. I had nothing but a few oz of water for 24 hours and had to add solids back in VERY slowly. I started with small amounts of whole grains and decided to stop drinking pop "cold turkey" since it had been so long since I had any, might as well not start back up. I felt GREAT once recovered from that bug and kept my foods and portions healthy. But life and old habits crept in and before I knew it the chocolate and fast food was becoming more frequent. Mid February another bug went through our house. This time it was flu/respiratory. Two nights of no sleep due to sick kids and a sore throat was all it took to totally smash my self control with the soda pop. I stopped and got a fountain coke on my way into work so I didn't nod of driving and the first sip was heaven. I'm hooked on the sugar and caffeine again.

So in short, I'm looking to get back to that second week after the stomach bug, when I felt great and somehow eating healty was still easy.
130orbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/162/124

Height: 5'1

I have done many detox's in the form of liquid fast, either juice or water. Just give it a try & you can feel the difference for yourself & u can judge for yourself if it's anything to it or not. Once I felt the after affects of detox, I knew there was something to it, I've found the best thing to do is not share your detox with anybody, because u don't need the negative while your detoxing
njdx1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #18  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I don't see any reason not to eat raw fruits and vegetables. With all of the disease we have in this country I find it difficult to believe our bodies are completely efficient at detoxing. In a perfect world, sure but we don't live in a perfect world.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 03-27-2011 at 12:40 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/SeeTicker/135

Height: 5'5"

I think detoxing is great. Usually, better not liquid detox in my opinion. Laxative use is not that great but using natural laxatives is good for you. Look up Gillian McKeith as she gives some good advice on it as well.

In my eyes, "detox" is just a jump start on a healthier eating habits for your mind and more of a detox for your mind more, than body as I don't beleive in quick fixes. If you adapt a healthy lifestyle, your body will "detox".

Having said that, I do drink Aloe Vera Juice and a variety of herbal teas from Fennel to Stinging Nettle tea which some people classify as detox assistants.
Kateryna is offline   Reply With Quote