General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 228/220/150

Cool

Hi fellow QWLC'ers! I am new to this blog and just wanted to say Hi. I am a "2nd timer" on QWLC - doing it on my own this time - you know short on funds. Just finished my first 3 days and am down 8 lbs. Bye bye water weight!! LOL

Last edited by PositivelyMe; 10-10-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #77  

Hi all, I'm starting my second week now and feeling good! I think I am past that period of "no energy, headaches and general feeling of ". Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we let go of the carbs and sugar? Hope you all have a productive and low carb day!!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #78  

Well, my goodness.....this blog doesn't seem to be very active. Nothing personal but I am going to find one with a little more activity. But before I go I just want to say how good I am feeling by following this eating plan. Great energy, clear headed and just and overall sense of happiness.

I hope all of you have a productive and low carb day!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositivelyMe View Post
Well, my goodness.....this blog doesn't seem to be very active. Nothing personal but I am going to find one with a little more activity. But before I go I just want to say how good I am feeling by following this eating plan. Great energy, clear headed and just and overall sense of happiness.

I hope all of you have a productive and low carb day!!
Yes, it is a quiet thread, I think it's because Quick Weight Loss Centers aren't as popular as some of the more widely known centers and diets.

I love QWLC though. Everyone at the center I go to are ALWAYS so nice and helpful and it's not a fake nice, it's an honest type of nice. I started QWLC exactly 11 weeks ago today and I have lost 38.4 pounds.

If you ever want to share recipesthat would be great! I just came up with a new one a couple days ago!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #80  

I am new to this blog, but I am very familiar with the QWLC's diet. I was on it 2 years ago and lost 48 lbs in 3 months. I never went on the maintenance plan. I just kept saying to myself that I would just go back on the diet if I gained 10 lbs of it back, but I never did. I have gained back 40 lbs. OMG!!! How did I let that happen?

So now I am committed to go back on the plan. It is a great plan, but as you guys know it's somewhat complicated with a lot of nuances. I am a teckie kind of guy with a great wife that is supportive, plus I work from home which makes it a lot easier to do.

I have already bought my snacks and Boost from Nashua.com. I plan to use my own supplements (EFA's and multivitamins). I found before that I really didn't the appetite suppressors because I was eating all the time anyway.

I have all the information from 2 years ago except the Prep phase. Can any of you tell me what the Prep phase involved. It seemed like it was all the protein I could consume and do it continuously for the first two or 3 days and lots of water??? Is this correct?

I look forward to being on the blog!!! I didn't find this the 2 years!!! This is awesome!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbcadman View Post
I am new to this blog, but I am very familiar with the QWLC's diet. I was on it 2 years ago and lost 48 lbs in 3 months. I never went on the maintenance plan. I just kept saying to myself that I would just go back on the diet if I gained 10 lbs of it back, but I never did. I have gained back 40 lbs. OMG!!! How did I let that happen?

So now I am committed to go back on the plan. It is a great plan, but as you guys know it's somewhat complicated with a lot of nuances. I am a teckie kind of guy with a great wife that is supportive, plus I work from home which makes it a lot easier to do.

I have already bought my snacks and Boost from Nashua.com. I plan to use my own supplements (EFA's and multivitamins). I found before that I really didn't the appetite suppressors because I was eating all the time anyway.

I have all the information from 2 years ago except the Prep phase. Can any of you tell me what the Prep phase involved. It seemed like it was all the protein I could consume and do it continuously for the first two or 3 days and lots of water??? Is this correct?

I look forward to being on the blog!!! I didn't find this the 2 years!!! This is awesome!

On the Prep you can have green veggies raw or lightly steamed. And beef, chicken, turkey, fish. No pork, no lunch meat. You should also eat 1/2 an orange twice a day. And 80-100 oz of water. You can have 2 coffees with up to 2 sweeteners. And you can have 1 QS drink and 1 QS bar a day. Avoid salt. Use vinegar or lemon on your greens. And of course any pepper or herbs (salt free!) that you like.

Last edited by imseriousthistime; 10-25-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

HEY GUYS IVE BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE BC I WAS NOT FOLLOWNING THE PLAN BUT I signed up again after being off plan for 5 months and gained every pound back that I lost. Im really sticking to it this time though, in 3 days ive lost 7lbs and hope maybe for 10lbs before my first week is up. Im also committing to following the plan with NO CHEATS!! Only Christmas and thats it. Can anyone share some favorite recipes?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 184/184/140

Height: 5'4

Default New to this... NEED PREP PHASE INFO

I tried the QWLC diet about 2 years ago and lost all of the weight I desired to lose and a little more, moved from Miami to Atlanta and started eating like a skinny girl and not watching my weight. Two years later I've gained ALL of my weight back. I went online and purchased the pills needed and am now doing the diet on my own... Can anyone remind me of what the prep phase calls for again? I have the books and guides that they originally gave me just need to know what the prep phase consists of..

Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #84  

I went to QWL 2 yrs ago & successfully lost 38lbs - of course like any diet if you dont follow it to some degree and go back to old habits, the weight reappears - no mystery there! So, I'm going to try to do it on my own this time.

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what the daily intake of calories and protein is? I'm a female and was on a their basic plan aside from those boost days you got every so often. Thanks for any insight and good luck to all.

Last edited by eastmeon; 11-09-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: grammer errors
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmeon View Post
I went to QWL 2 yrs ago & successfully lost 38lbs - of course like any diet if you dont follow it to some degree and go back to old habits, the weight reappears - no mystery there! So, I'm going to try to do it on my own this time.

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what the daily intake of calories and protein is? I'm a female and was on a their basic plan aside from those boost days you got every so often. Thanks for any insight and good luck to all.

Hello! It's two servings of proteins a day and two different types of protein. It's based according to the booklet on a 1500 calorie a day plan. I don't count calories, I just follow my daily intake requirements. I've been on the QWLC plan for 15 weeks (Since July 27) and have lost 51 total pounds so far, so it works!

Best of luck!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #86  

thanks for the reply - the 1500 calorie info was great, how many grams of total protein for the day - any idea?

and great work w/your loss
Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #87  

It varies by protein. For example: 5 oz of shrimp, 6 oz chicken breast, 2 eggs are considered one protein, etc. There are multiple different types of servings for the different types of veggies, protein, fruit, etc.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

So what does everyones daily menu look like? I thought maybe we could share meal plans and little tips etc. here was my perfectly ON PlAN day!!

b- skim milk
s-grapes
l- tuna with melba toast
s-protein bar and apple
s- toast
D- shrimp with broccolli and butter

It was yummy and im still full from all of it. Oh and I also got my 80oz of water in. I have to admitt all those pills that they want us to take is just too much for me. I have them all but dont really ever take them... and here I am been on plan for two weeks and down 12lbs.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #89  

Default I'm back to QWLC plan also ...

However, I didn't buy the platinum program the first time and now have found myself not able to afford the program 2nd time around. I've gathered all my one-page guides, but have misplaced the weight loss and maintenance guides. I only have the stablilization one-pagers. I lost 75 lbs the first time and want to lose my final 25 pounds this time. Can anyone help me with the one-page guides?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 210/199/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishah View Post
It varies by protein. For example: 5 oz of shrimp, 6 oz chicken breast, 2 eggs are considered one protein, etc. There are multiple different types of servings for the different types of veggies, protein, fruit, etc.

Hi I know this is a long shot but is ther any way you can email me the diet guide lines or the diet plan. I have all the supplements and some of the qwlc foods and protein shakes and drinks but have no idea how to use it. if you can please help me I would really appreciate it I couldnt afford the plan but someone donated everything to me. I need to k ow how to do the diffrent phases.. Thanks
Closed Thread