General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been thinking this morning of taking out my Fat Smash Diet book. I used to LOVE doing this. Well, maybe not love but it was one of the only diet that I could stick to for some odd reason. I think it was because I kept telling myself, in a couple of weeks, I'll add this to my diet, and that. I used to make a batch of veggie chilli which I put in containers and froze them. It's a delicious meal that keeps you satisfied for a while. The hardest part for me was not having any meat. I still managed though. I never got far on this diet due to doing it on my own. I'd like to find someone else to start this with me. I'm also starting P90X. I had gotten to day 30 some days and quit because I was working out but wasn't watching what I ate so I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. Monday, I'm starting both Fat Smash Diet along with P90X. Hope someone is out there to acompany me.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

I currently doing the Extreme Fat Smash. I lost 3lbs. I follow it losely, it kind of just depends on what works for your body. I was able to lose 20lbs on it losing 2lbs a week and you're suppose to lose 4. I'm sure you'll do very well. I don't think the veggie chilli is in my book. I'll check but would you mind posting that reciepe that sounds great!!!!
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #153  

I found it online a while ago. I've made it so many times and my boyfriend who isn't doing the diet always wants some. He loves it too. There's a lot of flavor to it. I'll post it when I find it.

I never read the Extreme version, how different is it from the original book?

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #154  

I found it! This is the recipe I have.

Vegetarian Chili (Phase 1)
1 Tablespoon Canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 (15 ounce) Vegetable Stock
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil

DIRECTIONS:
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic, onion, and carrots in the pot until tender. Mix in the green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Season with chili powder. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Add the stock.
Stir in the tomatoes with liquid, kidney beans drained, pinto beans drained, and corn. Season with oregano, basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
I currently doing the Extreme Fat Smash. I lost 3lbs. I follow it losely, it kind of just depends on what works for your body. I was able to lose 20lbs on it losing 2lbs a week and you're suppose to lose 4. I'm sure you'll do very well. I don't think the veggie chilli is in my book. I'll check but would you mind posting that reciepe that sounds great!!!!
I used to follow the extreme fat smash as well, but only lasted 2 weeks. The third week was tough for me due to me being afraid of the carbs due to binge eating problems (i'm a recovering binge eater), but now I eat carbs and can stay in control with them.

I guess I could do the diet again if i ever needed to lose a quick 3-4 pounds in a week, but I will just stick to what's been working with me right now, which is helping me lose 1-2 pounds a week, a healthy rate.

Good luck to all that do this diet! I love the book, and the way it helps you understand portion control and frequency of eating.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #156  

Thanks Beila
I found my book finally. I'm going to the grocery store today and buying what I need to start tomorrow. I'm doing two batches of chili tonight (one for me & one for my bf lol). I told him I'd do one with beef for him. I'm going to do the shakes for the morning, chili for lunch, and I'll have to find something for dinner. Maybe a vegetable soup or something. I read a blog online of someone following this diet and having GREAT results on it. I can already picture myself getting thin. I'm starting my exercise program today and the diet tomorrow. I think I might start a blog.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #157  

Yesterday, I started P90X. I did two pots of veggie chili (one for me and one for the bf with meat). I went grocery shopping and I think I'm all set for a couple of days. I want to make more recipes. This morning, I started things off with a fruit smoothie (1% milk, frozen fruits & a banana). It was yummy! I brought grapes and baby carrots for snacks & I have the chili for lunch. I bought some soy meat yesterday. One was soy chicken patties. I may do that with sweet potato fries. Soungs yummy to me!

Starting weight: 179.4
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #158  

Feeling great. I haven't strayed away from the diet. Someone even brought some muffins at work for everyone. I didn't have one even though they looked really yummy! I already drank over 2L of water. I had my grapes for a snack before noon and baby carrots for my afternoon snack. I might look into making some banana pancakes tomorrow morning. Those look yummy too!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #159  

Oh wow you are such cooker. I think ppl like you really benefit from the program because you're adding variety. This is going to be a sucess. I'm going to make the chilli this weekend!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #160  

I'm usually not a cooker, my boyfriend is usually the cook lol!
When I'm on these diets, for some reason, I find it a lot easier to cook meals. I don't feel like I'm dieting at times. Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned though. I did well my first meals but when it came to dinner, I cut up my sweet potato, added a bit of oil and salt and put it in the oven to cook. I also cooked up some soy chicken patties. I ate 3/4 of one and threw out the rest. It was just NASTY! Total garbage! I ate my sweet potato fries and made myself another smoothie. I didn't eat again for the rest of the night.

This morning, no time for pancakes, I'll save them for tomorrow since I'm not working. I started the day with a smoothie (they're so good!), although this morning, I would've gone with a bagel if I wasn't on my diet but oh well. If I want to get healthy, need to sacrifice a bit for now. I did my workout yesterday (Cardio X). I'm so out of shape, I had to press pause one time because I had pain in my stomache. It eventually passed and I finished my workout. Today, I still have my veggie chili for lunch. I'm thinking of doing some spaghetti squash for dinner. I also have a recipe for the sauce to put on top so that might be yummy. I love spaghetti squash! On to day 2!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #161  

I'm struggling today...
I'm sitting here with a chocolate chip muffin 3 feet from me. One part of me already wants to quit the diet and just do my thing but another part of me is telling me "where has that gotten you in the past?". I'm trying to be strong. I have a half hour for my lunch break. I have some chili. Hopefully it'll keep me full for a while and stop me from craving stuff. I read that day 2 & 3 are the worst. I ate a piece of sugar-free gum. That's probably the reason I'm craving stuff now. I also really craved an iced coffee this morning. I was REALLY tired and could've used one. I didn't though, just sticked with my water. I'm really hoping this gets easier soon!!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #162  

AWESOME!!!! Since I'm doing the extreme fat smash, I'm allowed to have sweet things. 200 cals worth and since I go to the gym, I can usually get away with added an additional 100-200 of sweets and still lose 3lbs a week. I eat weight watchers ice cream, smart one's ice cream, and sweet temptations! oh and some days i'll have a luna bar(chocolate brownie), these are only on the days I weight-train. I fell off this weekend because of labor day, but this coming up week I should be back on track. I know what you mean about the cravings. Yesterday, my instructor brought brownies and I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEE SWEETS!!

But even though you wanted it, you made a great decision which shows growth! You should be proud of yourself!! HANG IN THERE!!!! I usually tell myself you know how that tastes, you don't need to have it. It didn't work this weeked lol. When I go home to visit the family, all bets are off! That's why I have until Thanksgiving to lose 25lbs!!

Hope all remains well!!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #163  

You can have sweets on the Extreme Version? :O Lucky!
I'm going to do an apple crisp today though (Fat Smash Friendly). That should be sweet enough for me hehe!
I'm so happy someone is going to be doing the diet with me. Even though it's not the exact same. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning for the halloween challenge. We'll see if I can lose weight in a couple of days.
I ate something that wasn't on the list but it was last resort. I was cooking my brown rice. I was going to add my soy ground beef with it and add some beef flavoring to my rice and mix everything together. Well, after I add my beef to the rice, I was looking in the cuboards for my beef flavoring. When I found it, it was hard as a ROCK! I couldn't even pick at it with my fork. I had to put some type of sauce in there so I decided to add a bit of low calorie bbq sauce for taste. Honestly though, it wasn't very good. I'm going to stop buying those soy meats. I don't like the taste of em. I ended up making a small smoothie after that.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-08-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #164  

oooooh I loved the apple crisp!!! I would add my own tweek to it and spray I can't believe it's not butter and also honey. Sometimes I would heat it and have it for breakfast in the morning! When it gets a little colder, I'll start eating it for breakfast again. I like it hot. I take it you don't have a sweet tooth, eh? lol
Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #165  

Mmmmm! Hot Apple Crisp *drools* Haha!
I have a sweet tooth but I also love my salty foods. I need something sweet once in a while. The recipe I have is really simple too, egg whites, oats, apple & splenda.