General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Does this sound like a sound diet?

I was sorta just browsing the web with the keyword "sensible diet." I need to lose some weight and I've tried calorie counting but was sorta stressing about it. I found this link and thought hey that's easy, I can do that! I sorta compared it to the food pyramid and it seems spot on except the servings of grain a day (they allow 4, food pyramid says at least 6). And I know one probably shouldn't eat all the fruits they want but it's just not something I would hog down. (Don't get me wrong, I like fruit but I know when I've had my fill).

Suggestions? It just seems so easy to remember how much of everything to eat, and I don't have to count every little calorie and read a 300+ page book to figure out what to do.

Last edited by CrazedLedZepFan; 03-04-2011 at 08:25 AM.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

The only thing is that I wish it had put the exchange lists.

A "serving" is vague. If we're talking about a serving like an actual exchange, then we're talking. And it sounds reasonable. Though you have to tweak their suggestions for protein into exchanges. A deck of cards size is around 3-4 oz depending on thickness. So 3-4 protein exchanges.

GL!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-04-2011 at 08:36 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/137/120

Height: 5'4"

I do not and will not count calories as it would be a known failure for me. I am on a program through Hackley Health Management called HMR. I have 5 shakes a day 2 entrees and all the bloody veggies I can stuff in my mouth. They say at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables. I have lost 20/lbs. and have kept it off all this winter. That is something new for me. They also stress getting amount of activity in a day but they teach you how to eat and rethink your food choices. It was exactly what I was looking for. I don't want a wonder pin I want to learn to eat without feeling guilty.
dorothy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedLedZepFan View Post
I was sorta just browsing the web with the keyword "sensible diet." I need to lose some weight and I've tried calorie counting but was sorta stressing about it. I found this link and thought hey that's easy, I can do that! I sorta compared it to the food pyramid and it seems spot on except the servings of grain a day (they allow 4, food pyramid says at least 6). And I know one probably shouldn't eat all the fruits they want but it's just not something I would hog down. (Don't get me wrong, I like fruit but I know when I've had my fill).

Suggestions? It just seems so easy to remember how much of everything to eat, and I don't have to count every little calorie and read a 300+ page book to figure out what to do.
Looks pretty good and pretty sane & sensible to me! I might need a bit more protein to keep from getting hungry.You could do far worse with some of the "count-everything-and-read-a-300-page book" type of program!
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote