Esha I"m a huge huge snacker too! A grazer to be exact... I just graze allll day long. Not necessarily a bad thing, as long as I'm not grazing solely on ice cream and cake...
I'm a volume snacker so like katy trail said I can't just stop with a small handful of nuts. I need things I can eat a lot of. My favorite low-calorie snack foods:
- Frozen banana "ice cream" (bananas frozen, chopped, and blended until creamy with a splash of milk, then refrozen. Tastes like frozen yogurt!)
- Popcorn with half a tablespoon of butter and some seasoned salt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Whole wheat pita chips (I make my own- just whole wheat and water, but I'm sure you can buy them) with hummus
- Fat free yogurt and honey
- Vietnamese spring rolls (fresh veggies wrapped in rice paper) with fat-free sweet chili sauce.
- Homemade lo-fat spinach dip (spinach, yogurt, whatever spices/seasonings you want) with vegetable dippers.
- Whole wheat pita chips OR vegetable dippers with homemade salsa (tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt).
- Chai tea or coffee with milk and one spoonful of brown sugar (kills the sweet craving without preservatives, salt, etc)
- Nori (seaweed, available at local Asian grocery stores)
A couple of the snacks I listed are a little labor intensive to make, but I know if I don't have fresh healthy snacks around I'll stuff myself with Nutella by the spoonful. Plus, cooking fresh delicious food in the evenings to keep around for the rest of the week burns more calories than sitting in front of the TV