General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default Weight Watchers or Ideal Protein

I have been on Ideal Protein for 1 month. I have lost about 15 pounds. I have 15 more pounds to go. However, I am really tired of the food choices and protien packets I do with Ideal Protein. I am thinking of switching to Weight Watchers but very scared of gaining the weight I have lost back. I like the idea of more choices. I am afraid if I stay on Ideal Protein, I will start cheating because of my lack of desire for what I have to eat Can anyone give me advice? Thanks so much!
CRD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #2  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD3 View Post
I have been on Ideal Protein for 1 month. I have lost about 15 pounds. I have 15 more pounds to go. However, I am really tired of the food choices and protien packets I do with Ideal Protein. I am thinking of switching to Weight Watchers but very scared of gaining the weight I have lost back. I like the idea of more choices. I am afraid if I stay on Ideal Protein, I will start cheating because of my lack of desire for what I have to eat Can anyone give me advice? Thanks so much!
Hi CRD3:

I am happy to report that I am now two weeks into the maintenance phase of the IP program. I have lost a total of 87 pounds and 70 inches while on the program. It only took me a little over 4 months to lose this weight. I have not gained any weight back. I am eating more healthy and making much more wiser food choices than I have in the past.

I would suggest that you keep going with the IP program. I know that it's hard with the limited food choices and the IP products, but believe me, in the end, it will all be worth it.

I have never been on Weight Watchers, but I have a sister-in-law who was on it and lost a lot of weight (90 pounds), but she accomplished this over a one year period.

I wanted to lose the weight fast which is the reason why I joined the IP program.

The IP program is a great program in that you lose the weight very quickly. Once the weight is off, you adapt to a diffrent lifestyle and way of eating (portion control and making better food choices).

My suggestion would be to stick it out with IP until you lose all the weight you want. Then I believe you could join Weight Watchers to maintain.

Good luck to you!

Lorrie
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #3  
Donna

Height: 5'

Lorrie,

That is awesome! I just started IP today, and you have inspired me to do my best!

Last edited by SouthernMimi; 04-07-2011 at 04:31 PM.
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote