General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #1  
Guy on a Diet

S/C/G: 448/253/183

Height: 6'0"

Default Customizing Fitday metabolism

For those other Fitday users (I use the PC version), is there a way to totally customize the "my metabolism" section. I actually went beyond the sedentary section into "custom" and told it I was sleeping 24 hours a day (grr) and it STILL says I should be able to burn around 1900 calories daily. In my experience, that's STILL a bit too high. According to my RMR, which is actually a lower number than the BMR, my resting metabolic rate, should be 2300 cals plus for a man of my height (6 ft) and weight (270s), but the reality is far different. *If* I'm doing well, I pretty much maintain on 1800 or so, and lose maybe at 1200. So I'm trying to set a realistic weight goal just to follow the numbers as to what I *should* be doing and trying to get the thing to jive with the "facts on the ground" as it were, and the reality is at present I pretty much maintain at 1800. I'm lightly moderate, get about 2 miles of walking in per week, but yet at that rate, the numbers say I should be some kind of long distance runner and be maintaining at like 3450 or some absurd WTF number.

Is there any way to totally customize it beyond the 24 hours of sleep? lol. This is really frustrating because even at that level it's saying too high, 1900. *Occasionally* it will go as high as 2,000 per day of maintainance. I've even lost on that, but that's when I'm like walking 4 miles a day, and then Fitday shoots up some absurd number of like 3500. I have had my thyroid checked, it claims my in the normal range, so I dunno.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Thin Desire; 01-13-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Thin Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't know anything about the PC program of fitday but I always ignored the RMR stuff on the web version. I think you should just focus on the calories you eat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote