General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/149/140

Height: 5"6'

Default Whole grain bread question

I have recently been enjoying eating a whole grain sandwich spread with honey. They help me keep full especially at work, but I have heard so much conflicting information about whole grains and I have no idea if it is good or bad for me.

I am a sabotaging my weight loss my eating whole grain bread

Sorry, for the spelling error in the title

Last edited by DreamsOfAtropos; 01-10-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling error
DreamsOfAtropos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #2  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I guess that all depends on who you ask. Relatively, whole grain bread is healthier and more nutritious than white bread...it provides more nutritious "stuff" for your body to use. Some diet plans discourage grain consumption and some have grains as a part of the plan. So my opinion....it's good for you, but not a part of some diet plans.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

Personally I think the "whole grain" thing is a gimmick on certain foods. Yes, whole grain bread is better for you but when you start slapping the word on Pepperidge Farm Goldfish just to sell them, it's getting out of hand.

I would have to ask, are you calorie counting or doing something else to lose, before really answering the question. If you're a calorie counter, go for it. As long as you count it and you stay within your calories, you're fine.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/149/140

Height: 5"6'

I'm a calorie counter
DreamsOfAtropos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

IMO, if you are a calorie counter, you'll be fine with one piece of bread with some honey especially if it keeps you from grabbing a Snickers or chips. I would say if it makes you happy, keeps you full, and doesn't make you go over your calories for the day, then enjoy!!
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote