Healthiest cookie in the world

• I think I have found it! I'm such a foodie and it's hard dieting at the same time but i've realized that Meringues have to be the healthiest cookie ever. Especially the way I make mine. All i use is:
    Egg whites
    Truvia
    Cream of tarter
    Pinch of salt
    Pecan halves (or whatever nuts you would like)
    and you can use vanilla extract or not to make it less sugar filled

or am I just crazy? haha
  • I have never baked from scratch so I wouldn't know.. but I sure would try this if someone else (who has baked lol) will second this. I'm a little excited.. lol
  • For those of us in the rest of the world, what is Truvia?
  • Truvia is a type of sugar i believe from a plant. It's almost just like Splenda. It has very little to no calories or fat.
  • Quote: Truvia is a type of sugar i believe from a plant. It's almost just like Splenda. It has very little to no calories or fat.
    Its no calories and the huge difference (for those of us who can't use artificial sweeteners) is that Truvia is all natural.

Its very very sweet, though. I use half the amount of Truvia in my coffee as I would of sugar and it still gives quite a kick.
  • I've made these Meringues before, they are good! I added peppermint extract to them to give them a minty kick!
  • Do we have measurement amounts for these cookies? I want to try them
  • Quote: For those of us in the rest of the world, what is Truvia?
    Truvia is a sugar substitute made from the Stevia plant and it's available commercially at every grocery in the US sold right next to the sugar, Splenda, and Sweet and Low. I guess sometimes we take for granted that not everyone is from the US when we talk about products. The one down side is it's expensive, but worth it.
  • Will someone please bake this? lol
  • Sorry it took me some time to get back...Truvia is very all natural and i love it so much more than Splenda. I talked to a nutrionist who said Truvia is the best out of all the other sweeteners. Here's the recipe with measurements!

Ingridients

4 large egg whites, room temperature
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    Pinch salt
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar OR 24 packets of Truvia
    1/2 cup toasted and finely chopped pecans
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.

In a large bowl, using a hand beater, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Gently fold in the chopped nuts.

Drop the batter onto silicone mats or parchment lined baking sheets (will need 2) with a teaspoon, spacing at least 2 inches apart. Bake until the meringues are dried through, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The cookies will remove easily from the parchment or silicone mat when ready.

Cook's Note: Do not bake on humid days. Dye these any color to suit a seasonal event. For orange cookies, add 5 drops of food coloring