Baked potatoe and grilled chicken

• I like my baked potatoes with nothing on them. I was wondering if I eat a baked potato for lunch, would it be too much to have a salad with grilled chicken for dinner? Would the grilled chicken cause me to lose weight slower?
  • No the potato will.
  • It all depends.

If you're doing a low-carb program, then a baked potato is probably not on your plan and can therefore slow you down by affecting your ketosis. If you're sensitive to carbs, then the potato can likewise slow you down; there are a lot of folks who find that carbs either make them feel like crap or slow their weight loss.

If you're counting calories and have no trouble metabolizing carbs, then a plain baked potato is a great low-calorie choice--and so is the chicken, so eat and enjoy them both.

Grilled chicken is awesome, salad is awesome, baked potatoes are awesome--but not for everyone and not for all dietary plans. None of these things will slow your weight loss unless you're carb-sensitive, eating gigantic portions, or drowning everything in calorie-dense toppings.
  • Okay, well, I've done the low carb thing before and it worked. But I am kinda tired of having to cook all the time. And this time around, it seems that the weight is not coming off as fast with low carbing
  • I would be more concerned about the potato slowing you down. But you can fit it in your meal plan as long as your other carbs are balanced out.

I have tried to lose weight for many years but just recently realized how the majority of my calories were coming from carbs and it was slowing down my progress. I still eat carbs but I make sure that I'm getting plenty of protein, too.
  • Okay thanks. I guess I will go back to low carbing and give it another try