General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 319/314/200

Height: 6-3

Default Is there such a thing as doing WW Points Plus wrong?

I'm just finishing up my first road trip and I did a good job sticking with my allowed Weight Watchers allotment in the Points Plus plan. That said...there were very little veggies and only a few servings of fruit each day. Unfortunately, I allowed a lot of my points to be spent on crap like Pringles and Hostess 100-cal servings.

So here is my question...how much am I hurting myself? I think allowing myself to eat things like the 100-cal portions of Pringles and Hostess coffee cakes helped me to stay within my Points Plus allotment. It kept me away from fast food. But obviously, I know it is still junk.

Are all points equal? I'm inclined to believe they aren't.

Last edited by DroppingPounds; 12-11-2010 at 11:30 PM.
DroppingPounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

WW encourages the following of the healthy guidelines in the material. All points are not equal in healthy/nutritious food.

That being said, WW does not say you can't eat Pringles and Twinkies, but it should be sparingly.

If it keeps you away from worse fast food, I would suggest this, pick one thing each day to be a treat, pick a time of day when you have time to sit down and savor it. Or pick up some of the little snack bars at a WW meeting, but you still can't eat a dozen of those either.

The rest of the day, take advantage of the free fresh veggies and fruit for your snacks.

Above all stay committed and keep plodding along.

Eliana, who posts a lot in other threads made a committment a little over a year ago to work on her weight loss and exercise for one whole year, getting up more than she fell down, just so she could see where she would be in a year. She's lost over 75 pounds!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #3  

WW is not about eating within your points as much as it is about nutrition. If you don't get your 9 GHGs in, you are compromising health to eat junk and it will catch up with all. All calories are not created equal as you will see when you read your materials.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I think the key is to figure out what you have learned from this experience: how does your body feel eating that food? How does your weight loss go over the next couple of weeks after eating that food? What is your normal eating like and will you go back to that now that you aren't on the road? When you take a road trip next time will you bring more food? Make different decisions?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote