General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #46  

Hi everyone, today is my first day on the "bead diet" went to the Dr. today and got my first set of beads on!! This is my first time doing this so I hope I could make it threw!! I think this might be the hardest diet I am ever going to try and believe me I have tried them all!! wish me luck!!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #47  

Height: 5'3

Default Encouragement to HCSH1229

Remember..this is TEMPORARY!! Those were the words said to me on this forum. If you remember that then you can get through it. Believe me this program works. It is amazing how fast the weight melts off. I tried everything..Weight Watchers multiple times and would always plateau at 9-10lbs...crazzzy!! First 12 days on this program lost 13lbs and 18 inches..nearly 3 inches from waist alone!! Amazing!! All I am saying .. DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF!! Stay focused...one day at a time..one rotation at a time...it will be worth it in 2-3 cycles..bc you can easily be down 25lbs...Wishing you the best!!

As for me, I am taking a break from bead diet. I lost 37lbs...I am now calorie counting for a few months to drop another 25lbs..and to reintroduce food into my lifestyle, plan to return to bead probably in April to get the last 25lbs off..I know I probably should have done bead all the way through, my lifestyle is extremely social and my friends who are no longer doing beads are not that supportive...no fun drinking milk when everyone is doing buffalo wings. LOL! However, my appetite has decreased tremendously sooo thankful to that...and this leans you out. I love it. So from size 18W/20W to size 14..I am happy!!

Last edited by mom2gbsb; 02-01-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 265.5/191/200

Height: 6 foot 1 inch

Hey all. Just touching base. Went to Vegas for 5 days and ate and drank like a rockstar!!!! Gained 4 pounds back but it was worth it. Lol. 2 days of milk and all the gain went away!!!! Any how. Today is my 2 month anniversary on the diet and down a total of 60lbs down. My initial goal was to lose 40 but just kept going. Think I'm gonna go on maintenance after my weigh in on Thursday. But we shall see. I do know now that I've lost this weight the next step is hitting the gym!!!!! To all the newbies, this diet works!!!! Congrats to all
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #49  

Height: 5'3

WOW Guywithbeads...that is awesome for you...but stinks for us women...we can expect to lose half that in 2 months...30lbs for us in 2 months is good...you blow us out of the water with 60lbs..haha..really CONGRATS!! This diet indeed does work...whenever I fall off a bit I do restart it over with milk days and it does melt it right off..and from their we need to stay on the wagon to get the furnace burning again...Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #50  

where do you place the beads? and can u make your own?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #51  

Height: 5'2''

Guywithbeads - congrats!

This diet is the best! I have been maintaining for 4 months now. Still may try to trim off a few more with another set of beads but the temperature needs to be above freezing!

Mom2gbsb - I hear you about taking a break. Stick with watching what you eat. I have an ap on my phone that tracks calories, Loseit.

Patton - have you gone to the website? This is an investment in not just money but in time and commitment. The $ I spent was worth every penny. I did figure out a way to reuse my beads after I hit goal. Wore them as a reminder, but haven't for a while now. I made a lifestyle change on this diet.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #52  

Sophiesnowange - Unsure if your 'Patton' post was meant for myself 'Pateen'
I'm just curious about the beads function in the weight loss plan. I understand the dietary part, reduction of calories + exercise = weight loss (not rocket science) Why purchase beads though? why not use a bead on the accupressure areas which affect the hypothalmus? In that way you would still 'invest' time and commitment yes as with any serious undertaking in your life, but you would 'SAVE' money then reward yourself for your disiplined commitment, ie. take a nice sun holiday, purchase smaller clothes, donate to your favourite chairty etc. Just some thoughts from a curious reader

Last edited by pateen; 02-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #53  

Pateen- your choice.
I was not hungry using the beads. I also think there is a bit of mumbo jumbo in this but I am a size 4 today and that is proof of the pudding!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #54  

Thumbs up Expensive 'pudding' though is my guess :(

Sophiesnowangel - Congratulations to you I am happy you've reached your goal, size 4
I guess you misunderstood my point about the beads which can be purchased at most holistic websites, $14 for 300 The exact same beads, the eating plan is already on line at no cost
Someone's making a lot of money from vulnerable people and that to me is very unfortunate
Continued good luck, reuse your beads or look on line for a way less expensive exact product
Old 02-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 265.5/191/200

Height: 6 foot 1 inch

Well, I went on transition on Friday AM. I have gained a pound an a half, but I think I may have celebrated a bit too much on Friday night with some crackers, cheese, and pepperoni. Certainly not on the transition protocol. LOL. I stuck to the transition to a T on Saturday and will do the same today. Monday and Tuesday will be my milk days. 65.5 pounds lost and would like to maintain... I am going to join a personal training gym to attempt to tone up and institute a work out regime to keep the new me. Went to a party last night and I was getting speeches all night about how I lost too much, I look sickly, etc. People are just amazing. They love to poke when you weigh too much and then love to poke when you lose too much. I just had to laugh.... Anyway, good luck to everyone!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #56  

Guywithbeads - I heard it today at a business event with people I see once s year.
What you did isn't healthy, etc., etc.

I referenced the nutritionist who went on the Twinkie diet last fall. It is not about eating healthier, it is about being healthy.

Pateen - sorry if I misunderstood. Would love to buy beads but did not search. Will look and would like to find. I agree, Once you know the regimine then you could do this on your own.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #57  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Considering it...

Hi Everyone!
I heard about this program through through a friend. I live in West Orange and was told there is an office there...now, as a wife, mother of two, emplyed full time, graduate student. I have had no energy nor...well anything! to excercise or diet or anything like that. I am really interested in hearing from you all the real truth...does it work???
Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #58  

hoping4change research this on line, do it yourself, do not 'buy' beads (don't waste your money) 'it' works though, my friend lost 49lbs from Oct-Dec on it, stuck to eating plan and used beads (someone gave them to her) You honestly can do this by yourself with a little on line research
Good luck to you
Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #59  

Height: 5'4"

Pateen, any idea where I can find any good info? And where to purchase the beads...I've googled and all referece the accuweight site at one point or another
Old 02-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #60  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

@guywithbeads
WOW! Congrats! I know the diet is amazing. Last summer I did it for 30 days and lost 32 lbs! I was amazed. The diet works wonders.

Im thinking about redoing it again bc I still have a lot to lose but my bf doesn't think I should do it bc everytime (besides that one time I went 30 days) I've attempted to do this diet I've failed. I really think I can do it this time but then again I always think I can do it. Uhhhhh I dunno what to do anymore :
(
Closed Thread