General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #16  

Here's the thing...I can go an entire 9 days perfectly and drop 4-5 lbs, but just 1 day off and I gain 4-5 lbs. It is terrible to work so hard to lose but regain in the blink of an eye.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Annleslie, I totally agree on that. I have been absolutely TERRIBLE with this diet for the past week and a half or so. Way too many social functions that center around food

I'm back up to 128 as of this morning, after hitting an all-time low of 124.something maybe two weeks back. I have really got to get it together. Sliding back into the 130s will be devastating for me. My goal is 120, and I should have easily hit it at the beginning of the month, but cheats really killed it for me.

We can do this!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2''

Don't go south y'all!

This diet works. The owner of the salon I go to has lost 10 lbs. in a month and my hairdresser is starting on Monday. I have been to 3 parties -s,m,t and ate what I wanted within reason. Today was a milk day and so will be tomorrow. I am up my 2 lbs. maximum and will be on best behavior.

I have no qualms that I will survive the holidays intact.
You can do it too. Just don't give it up completely - the first of the year is just 10'days away. Then you can get back on track 100%.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #19  

No, I am not abandoning AW altogether. I am leaning towards modifying it though. I know I'm repeating myself, but I absolutely can not find any basis for only eating between noon and 6 PM, independent of AW.

My problem with this schedule is that I can not consume the entire 1.5 lbs of vegetables and 2 fruits in that 6 hour period without feeling stuffed, so I typically only eat 1 lb. of veggies and 1 fruit. But, I certainly am hungry later, starting at 9 PM, and the hunger keeps me awake. I had a normal sleep cycle until I began AW. Now, I sleep when I get the chance, but in naps rather than all at once.

To experiment with my modification these past few days, I have continued eating the fruits and vegetables and their maximum amounts of 1.5 lbs. and 2 servings, but I have been spreading this food quantity out in a 24 hour period, rather than limiting consumption to just between noon and 6 PM which had me famished and ready to hunt and kill for food.

So far, by eating the same amount that AW instructs, but not limiting it to their timeframe, the result is that I have a greater degree of control in fighting cravings, less hunger and more energy. I also began moderate, low-impact exercise and see that my weight isn't fluctuating so radically from day to day.

I know it has only been a few days, but this modification may just be the only way to work with AW for me personally.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #20  

OK so here we are the day after and I have a b'day party to plan for my husband tomorrow.

One week and 4 parties later I am up 3 lbs. Lillylover I am right there with you! Annleslie, glad you aren't giving up on this diet.

So glad I lost a couple of lbs. below goal so I had a buffer zone. Now I need to get throught this b'day dinner and I am done. No New Years Eve plans, my husband will be back at work on the 3rd and I will BOB.

My secret goal was to break another milestone weight by Feb. 12 so I have enough time to do it and will be posting progress, or lack of, LOL.

Lose25 and everyone else looking forward to a great January and we will all be on track.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #21  

Interesting, I too have my son's b-day party tomorrow, Monday. I won't worry about eating with the rest of the folks because I made an improved menu of whole wheat pasta, all natural tomatoes and cheese, whole wheat rolls, broccoli and corn, splenda party punch, and organic cake and icing. It's not AW, but it's not refined crap either.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #22  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Hey everyone! I am so so glad we havent given up. I plan on BOB as of the third. I am going away for new years for five days. I have gone up to 147 lbs from 135 lbs and i am so mad at myself. BUt i am not beating my self up its better then being at 162 lbs. Its horribl i know and i feel horrible but i wont beat myself up. Lets hope this months goes by super fast so we can all go back to being on track. Thank god for winter becausei would of been devestated if it had been summer. The one thing i am really looking forwards to is summer and i know i will have reached my goal by then. BUt going back in january i am hoping to be at goal by end of february and just taking it slow.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

I think I may have put my beads on wrong for this current set...I've never been this hungry since starting Accuweight. It's really unbearable and I end up cheating because of it. Tomorrow is my last day on this set and I can't wait to move on. Unfortunately it looks like I maintained for the month of December

I'm only 6-8 pounds away from goal, so I hope January is my last month on beads!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #24  

LillyLover - isn't it always the last
Lbs. that are hard? I am with you on this one. End of January.

And everyone else can lose at least that! Let's all focus on the end of January.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #25  

Wow, this thread got slapped to the 2nd page.

For now, I am going to reevaluate my weight loss approach. AW is getting farther away as a continuous option for me.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 265.5/191/200

Height: 6 foot 1 inch

Default Hey all - a guys perspective

Hi everyone. I have been reading these posts since about 5P and I can't believe that I have been sitting here for almost 4 hours reading. I feel like I know all of you already. LOL... I know that everyone on here posting are woman, but, I hope it is ok that a man posts as well. Heck, us guys need support as well!!!!

Back on 12/7/2010 - I had my beads applied, and have been on the diet ever since. As of yesterday morning, I lost 33 pounds and I have been amazed by this diet. I still have about another 15-20 pounds to lose before transition, but I just can't believe how quickly the weight has poured off of me. One of my employees even commented to me on Thursday, "Dude, you are too skinny, what are you doing?" LOL. Me too skinny???? Nice!!!!!

I had a goal in mind that if I lost 30 pounds by New Years that I would, "Eat like a wild boar." Well, I did - AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I actually ate a sensible dinner and didn't eat much during the party, but for some reason when I got home at about 1:30A I went buck wild. My son had a half a dominos pizza thin crust pie left in the fridge.... By 2A my son didn't have any pizza in the fridge .... Anyway, I was up 3 pounds this morning when I got up, and I am ok with that. Went back on milk this morning and we are back on track.

This diet hasn't been easy. I am a late night eater (As I proved last night) and it is rarely out of hunger, mostly out of habit. I have been going to the Rockland County office and they are great. Very supportive and very nice.

Until finding this forum, I have kind of felt like I have been on an island by myself, so I am glad that I have found all of you.

From a man's perspective, doing a diet like this has almost been a bit embarrassing. People have made fun of my beads, mocked me when I pull out my thermos of chocolate milk (milk with walden Farms choc), and they have even tried to shove food in my mouth when out watching a Football game.

I am a divorced single dad, and even going out on dates has been tough as I can't eat after 6P. When I have been honest about why I can't go out to eat after 6P (On veggie days of course ) I have been surprised by the laughter and comments of, "You aren't fat, you don't need that." Well, I don't know if I "need" this, but I want it and it is working!!! I started weighing in at 6 foot 1 and 265.5lbs and yesterday was at 232.5 (this mornings weight doesn't count - LOL). I have a big build and I have always found that I look and feel the best at about 215lbs. Even though the weight charts tell me 180, THAT ISN'T HAPPENING!!!!!!! LOL

I am a big guy. Always have been and losing this weight has made me feel better physically, emotionally, and I just overall feel healthier....

Congrats to those of you that have been succeeding on this diet.. To those who have fallen off then Kudos to you for coming back... To those that are just starting then I wish you the best of luck and tell you from my short experience on the diet that this is the best choice to losing weight!!!!

Hope it's ok that I am here!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #27  

guywithbeads -

Welcome. I bet you will end up weighing less than you plan! Guys lose weight so differently than women.

So much better to binge and get it out of your system. I have been below my original goal and on maintenance but I may go BOB in the next week or so to knock off a few more lbs. so I keep up here.

Hopefully everyone will return with their New Year's resolutions and we can all do this together. Seriously I ate one meal yesterday, a belated Christmas dinner, and sure enough I was up 2 lbs. this morning. So it is a milk day for me!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #28  

Hello- so i did the bead diet 1 1/2 years ago and lost 35 lbs- well- I have gained 30 back, why?? because I used the milk days as a crutch to eat like a horse on cheat days....... I am back on, but it is SO much harder this time!!! Anyone else???
Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #29  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Welcome guy with beads and mom of three!!

I am back on milk day as of today and month of december i gained 13 lbs which i am shocked. So mom of three i am there with you and i am having a hard time as well. But as of today i am back on track and will definitely lose this weight. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #30  

Hey everyone - one week into 2011. How y'all doing?
Closed Thread