General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #16  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

coffeebrain - Thanks for the reference to Eucalorics. Since I also took the route of eating at my maintenance level and letting my body finds its own weight, I just ordered that book to see the proper way it should be done.

D*rn Amazon't one click; it's so easy to order first and think later if you really need it, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #17  

Billblueeyes, you won't regret getting that book. I am so sorry, the right title is Calorie Queens! I ordered mine from amazon. It's totally changing the way I'm looking at "dieting." The concept is eucalorics, but the correct title is Calorie Queens.

It's a wonderful book, humorous and well written. I hope you find it by its correct title. So sorry about that.

I'm glad I was able to help.
coffeebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #18  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

hmmmm... I just ordered Eucalorics Living Thin in a Fat World [Paperback] by the same authors, published a year earlier. Hope it's the same - if not, it'll be good enough for what I need.

Thanks for the correction.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #19  

Billblueeyes, it is the same. I believe at first the authors (a mother and daughter team) self-published the book. The book caught the eye of a major publishing company and the title was changed to Calorie Queens. I really can't see it being any different. I know they only wrote one book.
coffeebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #20  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

The only one I've ever read was You on a Diet. I thought that one was pretty good though. Based on these reviews I may add more to the list. The ex-boyfriend (its complicated, he and I used to date, are friends, and are roommates) just asked me to make a list of what I want for Yule and Christmas so I may ad a few to the list, since I don't know what to ask for.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote