General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #106  

Hello to all the Saxy Mama's

Christine~~ nice to see a post from you and good to hear that all is well. Not much longer and the new baby will be here, I bet you can hardly wait! How exciting

Amy~~way to go on being down another pound you are moving right along!!!!!!

Tryinhard and Holly~~ Way to go chickies on maintaining, I am so happy and proud for both of you.

Kina~~ How are you doing? Still burning the candles at both ends?

Nola~~ You are doing great with your weight loss I bet you are feeling great. When do you come home for Christmas?

DNW~~ How was your birthday? Did you do something special for yourself?

I am doing good, I lost 1.4 pounds today at WW and I am still OP all the time. I have not had a weak moment yet. I never feel deprived at all and I just feel so darn good !!!!!!!

Bruce has been gone a week now, I miss him terribly. He is doing well and he says that our new place is so nice. I cant wait for the house to sell and I am in Calgary with him. Hopefully he will be home for Christmas.

In the meantime, I am keeping busy with my part time job that has turned into full time.
I have been Christmas shopping for my litte grandson and having a ball. Its a "Bob the Builder " christmas for him. I keep finding things to buy Do you think I am spoiling him?????
I am sending money for my kids along with some smaller gifts. But I figured that they can take the money and get whatever big things they want.
I have Bruces gifts bought and under the beautiful little that I put up. I did not put up our great big one as it was just too big to do by myself so I bought a new little one. It feels good to have some Christmas cheer in the house.

Well gotta run,,have some laundry to do and wrap some presents. I hope everyone has a great evening !!!!

Oh by the way,, TryinHard,, how was the Macy's parade??????

Bye for now
Your friend
Nancy
198.8/182.8/150ish
Old 12-05-2002, 07:34 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
Nancy-just think about it...with your average weight loss being a half pound to two pounds a week-in about two weeks your weight may be in the 170's!!!!! It isn't far away!!! Probably by Christmas!!!!!
That is so great about the Bob the builder stuff and your grandson! I am spoiling my kids for Christmas also...I bought Raiden a little yellow construction hat to play with-because he is 1, and his sister has princess tiaras and dress up stuff, and he goes in there and plays with her-and I wanted him to have a hat of his own, instead of walking around in one of her princess getups! ha ha ha ha
I am contemplating on getting something else for my husband-but I just don't know-if I do, I will have to charge it. There is a guy that is selling a set of Star Wars stormtrooper armor for about $500-it usually goes for about $600-$800. It is movie accurate and really cool-but I just don't know if I want to charge it or not...he has a ton of stuff under the tree already-so if he doesn't get it he won't be disappointed anyway.
I must admit that I had a setback last night...a small eating binge. I don't know whay I did it, either-and I feel terrible. I am trying not to beat myself up, and tell myself that it was only once out of the past month. BUT-it has just put me more on the ball today. I am even more determined not to do it again. After coming so far, the guilt of eating bad food feels worse than how good the food was.
Aphil
Old 12-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #108  

Good morning all!
Nancy, way to go with the weight loss! Bruce isn't going to recognize you when he sees you!!!
The parade was great. DH said we fulfilled a life-long dream for him, so who was I to complain about frozen toes!! It was a lot of fun, and yes, I would do it again! We took an early train into the City and we were home by 1:30. Dinner was over by 4 and the three of us took a nice nap!
Aphil, don't beat yourself up. Just do a little extra exercising today, even if it's a couple extra trips up and down the stairs. That's what a thin person would do. When I was heavy, I used to time my trips up and downstairs. I'd think of something I needed upstairs and wait until I needed to go up for something else. Pretty sad, isn't it? Now I run up and down them 86 times a day. (Not literally, but I certainly don't think about it anymore!!)
BTW, there's another thread going on about an exercise challenge for Dec. You tell how many minutes you expect to exercise for the month and post your new totals every day. Just another way to think about doing what we're all doing!
Well, time to get back to work. With snow predicted for this afternoon, it should be a very interesting teaching day! (I feel the gray hairs sprouting!)
Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 12-06-2002, 09:54 AM   #109  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!

Christine, so good to hear from you! So close to the baby's arrival!! We'll be thinking of you in the weeks to come! And it's so good that you already have the determination to lose the excess weight. We'll be here for you!

Nancy, you're so brave to be experiencing the holidays solo! I'm sure Bruce misses you terribly, too. Again WAY TO GO on being OP, and down some more! And feeling terrific!!!

Amy, you're right NOT to beat yourself up about a small indiscretion! Just continue with renewed focus and determination!

Sigh, Christmas presents...for the first time in a long time, we're in a financial squeeze, and I just won't be buying as usual...I feel okay in that I can do holiday things that don't require much money, such as making gifts (my cookies and mini-gingerbread houses are usually well-received) and I do various volunteer work (donated my 31st pint of blood last month!) but it sure is fun to buy and wrap! We should be "back on our feet" in a couple of months, so I just have to be frugal and patient

I feel a little embarassed when my co-workers are speaking happily of the goodies they've bought for their husbands/children - MP3 players, clothing...I hope they don't notice that I haven't been piping up to tell of my purchases

Well, I have today off, and the HOUSE TO MYSELF! woo-hoo!!! that NEVER happens! I just got back from food shopping (hey, always check your register receipt for sale items - I only bought 3 packages of boneless chicken breasts because they were "buy 1, get 2 free" - and was charged the regular price - a difference of over $16.00!!! ) What was I saying? oh yeah! so shopping is done, I'm going to do my hour-long Gilad tape! Then decorate some mini-gingerbread houses.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Your friend, Holly
Old 12-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #110  

Hi everyone!
Tonight is the Christmas party-I am trying to get the kids ready and stuff packed for grandma's-who will be here to get them about a half hour before we have to leave, and get them down for an afternoon nap while I try to get showered, shaved, and pretty-fied. Let's see if I can go through tonight without killing myself in these shoes!
Holly-Don't feel bad about not having much money this year at the holidays-that was last year for us. We closed on our house on Halloween, and had to spend November buying paint, a new water heater, and all of that stuff-so we didn't have much for the holidays. It's funny, Jason's parents always seem to think we have a lot more money than we do-he makes a little more than his parents do-so they always seem to think because of that we have more money to go around than them. I have made little comments now and then that our house payments are almost identical, and that our camper payment is higher than theirs-because we financed ours for a shorter period of time, etc. but his mother still thinks we have more money. It isn't really a bad thing, until we ask one of them for an idea for a birthday or Christmas gift...for instance, we asked his mom last weekend for an idea for Jason's sister for Christmas-and his mother told us that she needed a dirt bike helmet...(they cost around $100!!! )
I politely told her that we just could not afford to spend that kind of money on his sister, considering that he has another one, plus my brother, stepbrother and stepsister, and my stepbrother and brothers long term girlfriends!!!!!! Not to mention that both of my parents are remarried, so we have Jason's two parents plus my four!!!! And this is not even our children, each other, greandparents, or any of the others we buy for!!! We finally found out she also needed a pair of dirt bike riding gloves-which is a much more reasonable $25-$30. Whew.
This is one of the reasons that when my husband and I got married, I started doing his/our taxes...he used to have his mother do them, but I don't want them knowing when he gets raises, etc.
Jason actually made a comment about it for once when we were driving home, he was like "What does everyone think we are, the rich relatives???
Aye Aye Aye...
realatives....
Well, I better go-I have to get ready for tonight!
Aphil
Old 12-06-2002, 03:04 PM   #111  

Have a great time tonight, Aphil! I'm sure you're looking gorgeous!!
Old 12-07-2002, 08:38 AM   #112  

Hi everyone,
I must say...I did look pretty good last night. The dress fit perfectly-it fit great when I bought it a couple weeks ago, but losing a couple pounds since then really made all the difference. My feet were killing me in those shoes-but I had a really good time. I lucked out big time-the dinner was fancy catered, but it was buffet style-so I got to choose what was on my plate, and chose the chicken over the steak, and the green beans over other sides, etc. I did well-they had a big dessert table set up-my husband was laughing at me, because I am a total chocoholic now-they had a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!!! It was like 4 tiers high, it reminded me of the chocolate waterfall in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-that is EXACTLY what it looked like, only a bit smaller. They had all kinds of fruits and such that you could put on skewers and pretzel sticks that you could run under the "fountain", as well as fancy little cakes and all. I did really good-had a glass of wine instead of a fruity juice foo foo drink, and I had a pretzel and a couple banana slices with a DAB of the chocolate sauce. The presentation was so cool that you didn't need to actually eat much of it.
They had dancing and socializing all night after dinner, and gave away a door prize to every employee there-anywhere from a $5 gift to a 32" television as the grand prize, through a drawing of names. We ended up with a fancy gift basket from Bath and Body Works, which I just saw in the store a few weeks ago for about $25-so we did well.
I just could not believe that Jason's factory spends this much on the employees Christmas party every year-and this is just the adult one-the kids party is next weekend-they rented out a movie theatre for the morning, and Santa Claus after the shows! Last years kids party was Sesame Street Live tickets and a cookies/punch and Santa Claus for the kids in a room next to the Sesame Street Live auditorium.
The other place my husband used to work at didn't do anything for their employees, so working in a place like this is just so great for Jason. They are so family oriented, always having open houses, or easter egg hunts, or other family activities. I am really glad he works there. (I was also glad to slow dance with my husband for the first time since our wedding reception. )
Well, I better go-I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Have I told you all how proud I am of your losses and maintenance, and commitment lately? Well, I am.
Aphil

Last edited by aphil; 12-07-2002 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:12 PM   #113  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Busy Busy Busy

Well the semester is winding down and finals are quickly approaching. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but it is going to be a tough road from here to there. Anyhow...

I didn't get to give out proper shout outs to DNW. Happy Birthday, DNW! I hope you had a wonderful relaxing day.

Aphil~~~I bet you were Cinderella; the prettiest one there. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time.

Vermontmom~~~Price tags can't compete when it is compared to LOVE. We are going to have a tough time balancing the bills and Christmas presents but I won't let that worry because as long as I have healthy children, loving family, and you guys...what more could i ask for.

Nancy~~~Hi, how are you doing? Oh boy I bet that part time job is driving you crazy! Then to top it with the cherry of having to sale your home and without Dh. I am happy to hear he arrived safely. Yes, still burning the candles at both ends and unfortunately if the candle was big enough I would try to figure out how to break it in half and get more out of it. LOL

Christine~~~Woohoo! I can imagine how exhausted you are about now. I loved being pregnant each and every time but my goodness the last couple of months was so tough. But then all my babies were bigger than the one before. My last one they decided they would take her out two weeks early because of her size. They gues-stimated that she would have been over 10 lbs had she been delivered on her due date. No thank you.

Okay I am out of here. We have to get groceries done and then we are out to a skating party. Talk to you all in a few days...I will be very busy for the next few weeks. bye.
Kina
Old 12-07-2002, 06:01 PM   #114  

Hi,
Kina-thanks for the compliment! I really did have a good time!
By the way, I loved what you said to Holly about the Christmas gifts not comparing to love. That is so right. I just love it when my daughter gets excited over the simple things, like my mom coming over, watching the 4th of July fireworks, or because I am peeling her an orange for her bedtime snack. (she is a major fruit lover)
I love to shop and buy presents, but I enjoy much more our little traditions, like putting up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, watching Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story together, and driving around to see the lights. Holiday traditions are the truly memorable things to a child while they are growing up, not always what they got that year.
My husband mentioned a while back that growing up his favorite Christmas present was recieved the year his parents were having a hard time. All he got was a tiny casette player/recorder that year and a pack of a couple blank tapes-altogether probably about $15 (in the late 1980's) And he said he and his best friend had such a good time with that, recording stupid things-playing like they were radio dj's-talking, on it, recording songs off the radio inbetween.
Today is going well, I have been totally lazy. I have eaten totally on plan-with lots of fruits and veggies and even skim milk-I am not a milk drinker-but I found Lite Hershey's syrup to put in it, 25 cals. per Tablespoon-so 115 for a cup of chocolate milk. I am really trying to examine the areas where I am weak, and dairy is a big one. So-one of the goals in the challenge for me, besides losing, is to have a cup of chocolate skim milk daily. (Healthy bones! Healthy bones!)
I have another recipe idea for everyone, from seeing the McDonald's parfaits:
1 cup of strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
1 small container fat free flavored yogurt-fruit or vanilla
a small amount of low fat granola cereal-about a 1/8-1/4 cup, depending on how many calories you want it to have.
put half of the berries in the bottom of a cup, layer half the yogurt over it, put the rest of the rest of the berries on, then the rest of the yogurt-top with the granola.
The calories and fat will depend on what brand of yogurt and cereal you are using.
This is a great breakfast idea, you are getting a full milk and fruit serving in it, plus half of a starch/bread serving.
Aphil
Old 12-08-2002, 12:11 PM   #115  

Good Sunday morning friends!

I am hope everyone is having a great day and feeling good

Amy, so glad to hear that you had a great time at the party.(and that you looked and felt so good in your dress) The company your hubby works for sounds wonderful. In this day and age,not to many employers do the christmas party thing for their employees anymore.

Kina, good luck on your finals. Remember in your hectic schedule to take time for you!!!

Holly, Tryin Hard, Nola, DNW, Christine, and all the rest a big hello to you!

Gotta run , got laundry to finish and going to have lunch with a friend and do some shopoing.
Will see you all later....

Remember to keep on smiling its a good thing!!!!!!!

Nancy
198.8/182.8/150ish
Old 12-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #116  

I am down another pound!!!! Woohoo!!! Wow-I haven't seen 194 in such a long time-and I weigh less than my husband now-he is usually around 195 or so!
Wow-at this rate, I am really hoping to be at 190 by Christmas, and to be ringing in the New Year in the high 180's...
Boy this feels good...
Aphil
Old 12-08-2002, 07:12 PM   #117  

WAY TO GO AMY!!!!!!!!!

You are on a roll !!

Nancy
Old 12-08-2002, 09:30 PM   #118  

Thanks Nancy...you have been on quite a roll yourself, doing so good with staying on plan and having losses!
Everyone here has been doing so well eating like they should and exercising! I am so proud of us all!
Aphil
Old 12-08-2002, 10:29 PM   #119  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation WooHoo! Aphil!

OMG you have caught up to me! But you know that means...I know exactly how you feel. It had been over 3 years since I had been UNDER 200...not to mention in the 90s. Well I guess this means I have no choice to come along for the ride and get serious about. As if I hadn't been. Well I will honestly say on account of the semester coming to an end I have not exercised all this week. I know horrible but once it is over I will be on my regular schedule.

Well again many applauds go out to you. You are doing terrific!

I am off to do some work for my English class. Speaking of I don't know if I ever shared it with you all. But let me share it with you now. I had to create a website for my English 1301 class. Please visit it if you can and be sure to sign my guestbook, and also mark your spot on my guest map!
http://r_aniroc.tripod.com/

Talk to you all again. Kina
Old 12-09-2002, 08:44 AM   #120  

LET"S GET BUSY EVERYONE!!!!

Today is December 9th, and we have exactly 16 days left of the Christmas challenge!!!!! I want everyone to get in gear, and stay on plan, drink their water, and get their exercise in!!!!
We are going to prove the old theory wrong that everyone gains weight during the holiday season!!! In 16 days there is the potential to lose up to 5 pounds if we work hard enough!!! Think about it-you could be up to 5 pound thinner in just over two weeks?!!! I have complete and utter faith in all of you-you can do this!!!
Kina-I am confident that in your busy schedule that you can get in your 15 minutes at some point on your eliptical machine during the day. You can do this, I know you can!!!!!!
I would really like everyone to be getting a half hour in a day, but everyone can get in 15 minutes-we just need to think about that when we catch ourselves sitting down in front of the tv, or waiting on something in the oven, or checking our email for the thousandth time that day.
We have 16 days left-and I want us to all be winners here-let's get to working, think of all the relatives we are going to have to see in a couple of weeks!!!
Aphil
Closed Thread