General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default HMR Diet

Starting HMR Healthy Solutions next week thru local hospital. I need support and motivation!!!!
40nfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Luck

You are going to be successful, I know. I am on my 6th week and not only am I loosing weight but I also feel good about who I am. The strangest thing is that I am eating and not feeling guilty or out of control. That is a big step for me. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing?
dorothy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply. It's been really difficult to find others currently on this diet! I hope to do well...just trying to get and stay motivated! I start Thursday the 10th.....I'll be in touch!
40nfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #4  

Default Hmr Diet

I have my midweek at Home Call in about an 1-1/2 hours. I am down from last week but up from this week-end. I am able to get a lot of PA on the week-ends but not as much during the week. I am still very happy that I am down and will have to think of ways to increase my week day PA. If I can be having success on the program anybody should. I have more baggage than American Airlines. Keep in touch and I am wishing you all the best.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #5  

Hi,
I am thinking of starting this at home. I am confused about the part of eating more and more of the HMR products which are quite $$$. I am considering the shakes and meal on my own. I would prefer a center but there is none within 100 miles.
I have tasted the product and it seem s tasty. How are the entrees-they look kinda small.

I like the simplicity of this plan as I got too bogged down with points and other detailed food plans. I need simple .

Do you have any tips on creating the one meal. I got the feeling that the HMR entrees are the preferred way but I want some home prepared simple meals. Do the shakes digest easily?

Any advice would be appreciated. Success to all who struggle with weight.
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #6  

Default Hmr Diet

The one meal should consist of 4-6 oz. lean protein, this can consist of 6oz. of chicken or turkey, 6-12 oz. fish, if you use beef make sure it is very lean beef. You can also, as I would be a veggie, use 1-1/2 cups beans or tofu. You will also need a grain; this can be 1 cup of brown or white rice, pasta, or 3 oz of whole wheat bread. If you go for the bread make sure the first ingredient on the package says whole wheat. Manufacturers like playing word games. Last but my favorite is plenty of fruits and vegetables. At least three one cup servings. You will not be hunger after this meal.

In regards to the entrees being small. This is not your whole meal; you need three to five cups of fruits and vegetables to go along with the meal. My assignment from my AT HOME CALL yesterday was to make an 8 serving meal to improve on my planning process. Then we were instructed to eat three servings of this meal. I had a shredded beet salad containing apple, black berries over baby arugula salad. It was wonderful. If you interested in the AT HOME CALL, my WONDERFUL HEALTH EDUCATOR is Lisa. Her phone number is 800-521-9054. She keeps me on my toes. Keep in touch and good luck.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #7  
Leslie

S/C/G: 241

Red face Me Too!

I'm officially starting HMR Healthy Solutions with the meeting on Oct 28th, but I started with the "at home" last wednesday. I was doing fine, have not budged off of the program and when I got on the scale Sunday, it appeared 7 or so pounds were off. (not official) Then the last couple of days have been feeling kind of crummy and bloated and got on the scale today and I'm back at original weight. Has anyone had experience with this? I am concerned because I am hypothyroid and I'm afraid this program, just like other diet programs, won't work, because of my thyroid. Thanks in advance.
lneilson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #8  

Dear Dorothy 52,
Thanks so much for the valuable info. Beet salad sound good-what dressing? Could you please post the recipe?
You have motivated me-any additional info would be most welcome. I widh the HMR stuff were not so $$$$. Well worth it for success though.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #9  

Dear Ineilson3,

I'm not sure if this will be relevant, but...

I discovered that I was selenium deficient this week, when I checked my fingernails. If you have little or no moons on your fingernails, that means you have a selenium deficiency. A selenium deficiency is associated with low thyroid function. I am planning on trying supplements to see if that helps with weight loss.

My niece also has no moons on some nails, and her last thyroid test came back low.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote